FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

Killed in 10 man normal last night.  Running out of room is a real issue and will be for lesser geared groups.  At 548ish, we almost ran out of room.

PROTIP: KILL EVERY SINGLE TRASH MOB IN EVERY BUILDING AND ALL THE THINGS BEFORE THE FIGHT.  If you do not, they WILL come out during the fight and complicate things.

We tried the kiting method for the slimes.  Then our DK died and we said hell, let our Ele Sham and Destro Lock kill them.  Boom, slimes handled.  Things you'll die to: big lines on the ground and big lines of elementals.  There's also a comically large red circle to let you know a meteor the size of the moon is coming down.  If someone dies to this, bench them immediately.  It's literally the largest "GTFO NOW" sign I've ever seen.  Use Bloodlust at 25% because by then, you're running out of room and healers are gassed. 

Question about ashen walls.

Theyre cast on Haromm's tank (guide says on the boss) and I'm not sure if the direction of the wall is random or can it be controlled. Some pulls i feel its random, some i feel i have control which way it goes (my left to my right.).

Can anyone confirm any of this?

I play a warlock on my raid team and both the hunter in our group and myself were having issues with our pets getting roflstomped by the slimes aoe (assuming that's what is actually doing it). I just went sac to compensate but he had to just leave his pet on passive the entire fight to keep spell haste buff up.

Known issue or any suggestions to help solve this problem?

My raid is having problems when the boss hit 30%~20% hp and start mess things out when they start casting ashen walls at same time of the puddles... Last night we reached 0,1% but was so messy that its awkward..

Any tips for dealing with this situation?

Theyre cast on Haromm's tank (guide says on the boss) and I'm not sure if the direction of the wall is random or can it be controlled. Some pulls i feel its random, some i feel i have control which way it goes (my left to my right.).

Completely controllable. Issue is sometimes enemies will randomly decide they don't have the right angle to hit you and movie. Usually if I stood still with my back to the outside, he would stand still and cast it in a predictable manner. It seems based on the direction he is facing when the cast starts, which is why it seems random.

My raid is having problems when the boss hit 30%~20% hp and start mess things out when they start casting ashen walls at same time of the puddles... Last night we reached 0,1% but was so messy that its awkward..

Any tips for dealing with this situation?

We use heroism/bloodlust around 25-30%. Other than that: Just continue with everything as before, it WILL get messy but everyone should just try to stay focused on his tasks.

What also helped for us is to not even try to tank both bosses at the same spot below 25%. This will decrease your cleave damage on the one hand but for us it helped to just focus on the one boss close to you.

I would call this a tank focused fight. Everything got considerable more easy after the tanks got the hang of how to kite the slimes and place the ashen walls properly

Edited by Farnion

I have one tip to anyone having troubles with this encounter:
First thing my raid do is position the puddles far away from the raid, when the female start casting the geiser the tank who is aggro need to run far away so when the boss start forming the puddles they will be far away where the tank is at that moment.

The same is posible with the ashen walls, male shammy start casting ashen walls > tank runs to the hills.

By doing this you avoid letting people die one shot for the geiser and walls due to crazy stuff going around. (Most deaths were people being one shot because of the wrong place that puddles were landing).

Edited by Pringols

Looks like it's nerfed. Today in 10' normal the ashen wall was gone before we made a full circle. The fight felt much easyer than last time.

Edited by madar

Guest skidward

This fight is about control where you place certain boss mechanics is key. 

Tanks:We begin by having the tanks grouped, cleaving down any dogs remaining up. After both dogs have died wait until 70% and then split up the bosses on seperate sides of the room (having Wavebinder Kandris next to the Auction house, and Haromm against the Bank). We find it best the Haromm tank places his back and boss against a wall when reaching 65% because he begins to do Ashen Wall, which will reach left/right. Having the Haromm tank against the wall will place them so they do not trap players in the middle of the field. 
Also that having the tank with Wavebinder facing the boss away from the entire raid aswell, he will get targeted by the oozes, so therefore this is properly placing oozes to keep them grouped as to why I will explain this in a moment. The tank will need to avoid grabbing any aggro via selfheals or damage, and simply kite the boss away from the oozes in a safe manner, by this time it will probably be best to tank swap aswell. 
When tanks are swapping we tend to keep the same bosses on the same sides of the room to make the known location easier, so thus when swapping, 
ie. if you have Winderbinder by the 'AH', and you are tank 1 :
tank 2 with Haromm @ the bank,
tank 2 will taunt Wavebinder and move it to the 'AH' where tank 1 was located. Aswill Tank 1 will taunt Haromm and put him by the previous location of Tank 2.
This will keep keep everything places appropriately so long as you time your tank swaps with certain mechanics of the fight. Your biggest achiever outside of placing oozes/walls outside of raid, you will be making sure you are not taunt swapping during the middle of ashen walls and oozes being placed every 30 seconds after 65%, so if you need to delay swapping for a short time its not too problematic.
This will ensure that it is all a melee-friendly fight.

Healers, general big tank damage is all there is to worry about aside other various mechanics .Always keep a range on your tanks even if your raid wants you to stack.

DPS: The 1 key to this strategy is atleast a warlock or hunter. Kiting oozes. This person needs to be the only person in raid that gets aggro on oozes. Out side of actually 1 raid aoe damage every so often, if the player knows how to properly kite, (a destro lock is best), then kiting oozes should not damage anybody whatsoever. The person kiting needs to make sure they kite away from ALL raid members up and down from the AH path to the front gate is probably best. Kiting oozes and nuking them will be a full time job 100%.
DPS ALWAYS focus on Haromm only. The kiter dps ONLY focuses on wavebinder and oozes.

Foul stream will be placed on the haromm tank so therefore even having a few melee wont be the worst thing, just heal through the little bit of damage its no big deal.
For 10-man composition I strongly advise 2 tanks 3 healers 5 dps 1 being a kiter.

Does this lower your dps? Maybe to a small faction, but if you have your dps focus only on haromm, this will keep everybody focusing on 1 part of the fight rather than 2. Your 1 kiter dps will be focusing on wavebinder because they should have good survivability aswell, avoiding damage isnt hard and you rarely ever need a heal when kiting so therefore travel wherever need be so long as you avoid bad stuff and slimes and dont get trapped in.

Everything in this fight is about control, so again, the more you control the environment instead of letting it control you, the easier you can win over and over without always getting ''lucky''

Things the guide doesn't make clear:

sha_spell_fire_felfire.jpgAshen Wall is placed perpendicular to the direction Haromm is facing.  From his left to his right.  The advice is good, but if you don't realize that his facing matters, you might have some walls sticking out into the middle of the room.  You can do stuff like duck into a doorway so his ashen wall doesn't really go anywhere. tongue.png  As Calfel said, this may be based on position/facing at the START of the cast, not the end, I don't remember.

ability_creature_poison_02.jpgFoul Geyser summons adds at the position of Kardris's current tank.  I'm not sure whether the 4yd aoe nature damage is centered on the tank or the boss, but the adds DEFINITELY spawn at the tank's feet.  So you can run away from the ranged that will be getting agro as they blow them up, and then run in a little circle so they spawn in a tight cluster instead of a line, still without taking a lot of aoe damage from adds already up.

Running out of room isn't an issue: everything is despawned by the time we get back to where we started, going around the room.  Just make sure ranged aren't ahead of where the tanks want to go next, or you could end up with tornadoes in your path.

Would be a good idea to clarify the descriptions and suggestions for handling those abilities.

Not trying to tank them on top of each other below about 25% when things are chaotic sounds like a good idea, I should try Farnion's plan next week.

There is no need to kite oozes.  Kill them.  Pretty simple.

Never focus purely on one target...they have a shared health pool, so cleaving and multi-dotting SEVERELY increases your raid DPS.

Don't stand in bad stuff.  Foul Geyser makes a line between picked person and boss.  Big Red Circle is obvious.  Wall of adds is obvious.  Purple twisters are obvious.  Just don't stand in bad places.

We do the separate method..makes the fight stupid easy. 3 tanks 2 heals 5 dps. Dps is lower since we can't cleave but it makes the mechanics trivial. Anyone else doing it this way?

Edited by Ilyenna

This is how we are doing it on Heroic.  Almost got it last night (18%), so we should get it tonight.  We send 2 tanks and a Disc Priest up the hill and leave a Resto Druid, Prot Warrior, and 5 DPS down in the main group. 

This is how we are doing it on Heroic.  Almost got it last night (18%), so we should get it tonight.  We send 2 tanks and a Disc Priest up the hill and leave a Resto Druid, Prot Warrior, and 5 DPS down in the main group.

Ah. We send our melee up the hill and leave ranged on wave binder. MW monk goes up the hill and our disc heals the main group. ( our restored druid goes boomkin as he has the strongest os set of gear)

Foul Geyser makes a line between picked person and boss. 

The Geyser blobs are targeted on Kardis' tank. The flight time and the tank having to move not to get damaged too much by the aura creates the illusion of this line.

Nitpicking, I know, but I couldn't help myself! :D

we did the sppit but send two heals, two tanks, and two melee dps up with haromm, then myself as a disc priest, our orther tank and two randged dps. Killied it in 5 attempts.

Guest Daargkh Ugthar

Thank you guys! Also found this dungeon guide still dont know how to use this dungeon finder... cant find any maps in it..

sha_spell_fire_felfire.jpgAshen Wall is placed perpendicular to the direction Haromm is facing.  From his left to his right.  The advice is good, but if you don't realize that his facing matters, you might have some walls sticking out into the middle of the room.  You can do stuff like duck into a doorway so his ashen wall doesn't really go anywhere. tongue.png  As Calfel said, this may be based on position/facing at the START of the cast, not the end, I don't remember.

Further observation shows that Ashen Wall is positioned on top of Haromm's tank.  It goes to the left/right of the TANK.  The angle might still depend on Haromm's facing, but the center of the wall is on top of the tank.

Guest Alroxasitas

We do the separate method..makes the fight stupid easy. 3 tanks 2 heals 5 dps. Dps is lower since we can't cleave but it makes the mechanics trivial. Anyone else doing it this way?

Actually this has a higher success rate in Flex mode as the third tank can solo tank Wavebinder Kardris by the entrance while the other two tanks can tank Harmon by the door leading to the next section.  Essentially, space becomes less a factor.  DPS is split between the two with a heavier mix of range on Kardis because of the slimes.

Guest faisal syed

yea u can control the wall, usually where u r and where u r facing wall will spawn

Guest faisal

we downed him with 3 tank method, we took haromm NE from where the boss are way in the corner with 2 tanks and 2 healers, and rest we kept with kadris and 1 tank, less messy that way, and yes u can control the wall spawn its usually where u r and which way u r facing

Heroic guide states that Iron Tombs block line of sight. This is not true.

It also states that Iron Prison damage is reduced by armor. This is not true.

Edited by Belloc

Heroic guide states that Iron Tombs block line of sight. This is not true.

It also states that Iron Prison damage is reduced by armor. This is not true.

Thank you! Both instances have been fixed now.