FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

The guide here suggests 1 healer with Haromm, but I've read from a few sources that recommend two. Any opinions on this?

In 10 man, if your one healer is up for the job, you can probably 2 heal the encounter. Otherwise, 2 healers on melee side and 1 on range is probably the safest option for especially when learning.

On a 25 man, I would always suggest 3 on melee and 2 on range.

On heroic 25, If you have 10 melee (including tanks and mistweavers) you will need to send a 4th range dps up with the healers to help bait the tomb spawns

• Like 1

On normal (and flex), Ash Elementals despawn quickly enough that you can use a triangle at the top of the hill.  There will be at most 2 ashen walls up at once; the oldest will have despawned at least 3 secs before the 3rd ashen wall, so you can move the boss back to where he started, and go in a steady state up there.  (I suggest forming a moderate sized triangle, with your back against the gate, then against the demolisher, then across the path.  Leave plenty of room inside the triangle for healers / melee to move and avoid foul stream.)

On Heroic, the first set of Ash Elementals dies 4-5 secs before the 5th Ashen Wall.  This pattern continues, so you never drop below 4 walls up at once.  This is why heroic strats always suggest putting the lines parallel to each other, moving down the ramp.

Evidence: a long pull on heroic: paste this log browser query set:

[{"eventTypes": [5], "actorNames": ["Ash Elemental"]}, {"spellNames": ["Ashen Wall"]}]

Run the same query on any normal kill that lasted long enough and had the logger in range of the ashen walls.  If the person logging was very far from haromm, you'll still see the ashen wall casts, but not the Ash Elementals dying.

We're working on this on 10H.  We're having trouble with healers dying to the end of toxic mist, comboed with anything else.  Also need to find something that works for positioning of tombs so we don't block the path down the hill, or box the healers in for foul stream.  We're running pally + shaman healing the Haromm group (them + rogue + 2 tanks), with our disc priest on Kardris.  I think the kardris group is doing fine, and putting the disc priest there for PW:S on iron prison as it expires is obviously great.  Plus smite heals a lot of the time when nothing's happening.  So anyway, I think this is the obvious split for our raid team.

We haven't got to 25% more than once, but before that, tank damage on the haromm tanks is a total non-issue.  On my DK, I don't take any non-fully-absorbed melee hits, and I can AMS the last froststorm strike.  Our bear is also very easy to heal, I'm sure.  We've been progressing pretty slowly, so we've farmed a lot of gear by now.  Like 568 ilvl for my blood offspec (wearing a couple crit pieces from my dps set, but 4pc blood), 571 frost.  So it always surprises me when I see guides talk about the heavy tank damage.  It's only the kardris tank that's in danger if he makes a mistake with geyser, and keeping our healers alive through toxic mist / positioning.

I've heard from a friend in another guild that you can line-of-sight toxic mist, so healers don't get it.  That would require tanking inside the building, which would have annoying camera-angle problems and we'd run out of space with ashen walls sooner.  But if it would get toxic mist to go on a tank, that'd be much easier to heal than a non-tank.

I'm going to suggest we try this guide's positioning for the Haromm team.  Dropping tombs to the side at first, then off to the sides of the path, looks good.  Unless anyone has anything awesome to say about LoSing toxic mist?

Hi Karsteck,

In my 10 man group we have always 2 healed the fight with a Disc priest doing kadris group and the pally doing the Harrom group.

We also only send the 2 tanks and healer to the Haromm group and leave the entire raid with Kadris. This means that the pally can just beacon themselves or a tank and its a non issue for the toxic mist. The 2 tanks we used for our first kill on Harromm were Druid/Monk(o/s) and Kadris tank was a Paladin.

We have don it with no melee in the 10 people but have also done it with 3 melee.

IMO the less people that are up with Harromm the less tombs there are to place and there are less people needing to navigate the smal pathway.

The healer usually drops the first tombs over by the door to Nazgrim until the ashen walls start then the pally drops them on the right of the path behind the fence thing on the bottomof the hill.

We then just get foul stream pointed down the hill(the tanks can just eat it) and the healer has all the room to navigate everything.

Good luck with your kill :)

We're working on this on 10H.  We're having trouble with healers dying to the end of toxic mist, comboed with anything else.  Also need to find something that works for positioning of tombs so we don't block the path down the hill, or box the healers in for foul stream.  We're running pally + shaman healing the Haromm group (them + rogue + 2 tanks), with our disc priest on Kardris.  I think the kardris group is doing fine, and putting the disc priest there for PW:S on iron prison as it expires is obviously great.  Plus smite heals a lot of the time when nothing's happening.  So anyway, I think this is the obvious split for our raid team.

We haven't got to 25% more than once, but before that, tank damage on the haromm tanks is a total non-issue.  On my DK, I don't take any non-fully-absorbed melee hits, and I can AMS the last froststorm strike.  Our bear is also very easy to heal, I'm sure.  We've been progressing pretty slowly, so we've farmed a lot of gear by now.  Like 568 ilvl for my blood offspec (wearing a couple crit pieces from my dps set, but 4pc blood), 571 frost.  So it always surprises me when I see guides talk about the heavy tank damage.  It's only the kardris tank that's in danger if he makes a mistake with geyser, and keeping our healers alive through toxic mist / positioning.

I've heard from a friend in another guild that you can line-of-sight toxic mist, so healers don't get it.  That would require tanking inside the building, which would have annoying camera-angle problems and we'd run out of space with ashen walls sooner.  But if it would get toxic mist to go on a tank, that'd be much easier to heal than a non-tank.

I'm going to suggest we try this guide's positioning for the Haromm team.  Dropping tombs to the side at first, then off to the sides of the path, looks good.  Unless anyone has anything awesome to say about LoSing toxic mist?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114039 would help alot if you use it for last 2 ticks.

I'm a resto shaman, healing the Kardris group in 10H.

There are no priest or paladin in my group to help me with Iron Prison.

So the thing is that i can not use Astral Shift, because it has a 1,5 min CD, so when i get 2 Iron Prisons in a row, i remain without any damage mitigation.

Stone bulwark totem has a nice CD, but mitigates only 160K.

So when i get the Iron Prison, i drop the totem, get hit and remain with about 20% of hp. In this second i eat the Healthstone (it makes no sense in using it before the damage) to receive another 20% hp.
So the first Iron Prison i can survive, if i'm not getting hit by some crap like Falling Ash or tornado spawning on my head in the same second with the Prison.
But when i get 2 Iron Prisons in a row, i have nothing except of Stone Bulwark for it. And there is a very good chance to get hit with some other ability, while i'm on 20% of HP and trying to heal myself/heal the raid/move out of crap.

May be somebody would point me on any other ability, which i can use to mitigate the Iron Prison damage?

We have 2 tanks and 1 healer on Haromm (prot pala, DK, holy pala) and warrior tank, resto shaman (me), 2 hunters, warlock, mage and feral druid on Kardris.
We can't switch me and a holy pala. Got issues, so it's not an option.

I would really appreciate any thoughts, guys.
Edited by Trollsha

I prefer bulwark here just because of all the other incidental damage it's likely to prevent; I almost never get Astral Shift to give me the same throughput, and the 1 min CD is perfect.  If you want to use Astral Shift, I would ask for the tank to Vigilance you if you get targeted a second time.  Alternately (or in addition), go primal elementalist, and have the Primal Earth Elemental channel on you (20% DR on top of the increased healing).  Regardless, whenever the prison is about to come in, get a Riptide on the target and if possible have healing steam and healing rain active.  If you're worried about an impending Falling Ash right after, I would suggest Spirit Link.

I hope that helps!

Yeah... So i did all this, but we still dying from different mixes abilities :-/

Will try more. Maybe i would go to Haromm nevertheless...

I think you can use BoP to stop the damage since its physical. (NOT CONFIRMED BY ME)  You could try using it on the 2nd one to see if it works.

Other options are Hand of Sacrifice from any paladin is the only thing i can think of.  Based on your comp, i really don't know what else you could do other than use Warrior shout, but that's not efficient for only one person.

• Like 1

Your raid composition is not ideal for this fight. You have high damage classes but no classes who could help with higher survivability. That means that bad luck (several stone prisons in a row on 1 player) will wipe you easily. I would definitely replace one of your hunters (or other ranged) with some other class. Some options:

1. A 3rd healer. An obvious choice because this fight on HC is very healing (and mana) intense. Note that you have to heal 7 people including a tank. A healer class that can provide damage reductions would be awesome (e.g another paladin). A restoration druid can help a lot before/after falling ash and also with add control.

2. A retribution paladin - awesome for this fight. Can keep themselves alive by self heals, bubbles and damage reductions. Devotion aura can help a lot on falling ash in the last phase. Hands of sacrifice & hands of protection will provide additional protection for stone prisons.

You can also try to send one of the ranged to the other group. Healing 7 people is near impossible here. However, that would also mean more stone prisons on the remaining players and more work for the Haromm healer.

Note that the simplest raid composition for this fight is 3 tanks, 3 healers and 4 dps.

I'm a resto shaman, healing the Kardris group in 10H.

There are no priest or paladin in my group to help me with Iron Prison.

So the thing is that i can not use Astral Shift, because it has a 1,5 min CD, so when i get 2 Iron Prisons in a row, i remain without any damage mitigation.

Stone bulwark totem has a nice CD, but mitigates only 160K.

So when i get the Iron Prison, i drop the totem, get hit and remain with about 20% of hp. In this second i eat the Healthstone (it makes no sense in using it before the damage) to receive another 20% hp.
So the first Iron Prison i can survive, if i'm not getting hit by some crap like Falling Ash or tornado spawning on my head in the same second with the Prison.
But when i get 2 Iron Prisons in a row, i have nothing except of Stone Bulwark for it. And there is a very good chance to get hit with some other ability, while i'm on 20% of HP and trying to heal myself/heal the raid/move out of crap.

May be somebody would point me on any other ability, which i can use to mitigate the Iron Prison damage?

We have 2 tanks and 1 healer on Haromm (prot pala, DK, holy pala) and warrior tank, resto shaman (me), 2 hunters, warlock, mage and feral druid on Kardris.
We can't switch me and a holy pala. Got issues, so it's not an option.

I would really appreciate any thoughts, guys.

Our comp is 2 tanks (double war) and 2 heals up the hill (pally/druid) and I solo heal as RSham on Kadris.  We have the DK tank on Kadris as he can keep the adds clumped together better and just seems overall to have better survivability.  DPS is hunter, warlock, mage, Spriest. 

I live and die by Stone Bulwark as I do not think I cannot be targeted by Iron Prison. I think she is bitter that a shaman is going against her or something.  When I get the warning IP is going off (DBM gives 4 sec warning) I drop my SB totem, riptide myself, and start casting chain heal on myself.  When it goes off, CH lands, I get a good deal of heal from it and move on with life.  That said, we try and keep a loose stack with ranged dps so I can keep HR down and eveyone can try and benefit from it.  One thing I do not like about your setup, and I dunno if there is any help for it, is the feral druid on Kadris.  I would think that would end up as a heal sink for multiple reasons.  Gets IP, too close to adds = dead cat.  Adds in general make it bad times for the kitty.  I dunno how much stress it would put on the Haromm healer, but could you move the kitty to him?  He would always have toxic mist since tanks are last on the priority list for it, but he has barkskin, so that should help.  I also realize I am coming late to the party here, so this may be reduntant info if you got him down. 

Guest Choogy

When tanking Haromm and he casts Ashen Wall you want to have your back parallel to the outside of the fight area, this will cause Ashen Wall to run along the outside edge of fight area and give your raid group the least amount of problems.

Also with Foul Geyser it is best to run a half circle while being targeted and have you RDPS pick them off ASAP.

Good luck and happy gaming biggrin.png

Also with Foul Geyser it is best to run a half circle while being targeted and have you RDPS pick them off ASAP.

Running switchbacks near the boss would actually let DPS cleave off the boss onto them, and usually would be the best way to deal with them.