FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Malkorok

In order to avoid the Ancient Miasma damage on the pull, is it viable that disc priests precast and spam Spirit Shell a few seconds before pull, in order for the raid to have at least some initial protection until the proper healing can commence ?

A similar mechanic is in effect on Tortoss HC, trying to top everyone's shields up before the pull, but those shields are reset after the pull. Is this happening here as well ?

In order to avoid the Ancient Miasma damage on the pull, is it viable that disc priests precast and spam Spirit Shell a few seconds before pull, in order for the raid to have at least some initial protection until the proper healing can commence ?

A similar mechanic is in effect on Tortoss HC, trying to top everyone's shields up before the pull, but those shields are reset after the pull. Is this happening here as well ?

I'm not sure if I am correct, but I think that the pre-casted shields will still be there.

Note that unlike the Tortos buff, you can't actually trigger Ancient Miasma at all here until the boss is pulled, so stacking it ahead of time is out of the question.

As for Disc Priest Spirit Shell/shields etc, I don't see why it wouldn't work. We'll update the guide as necessary for it. Good question though!

Killed last night in 10 man after 2 tries.  Someone putting markers down to mark the Arcing Cleave locations made the fight a joke.  Two healed with a Resto Druid and our Disc Priest went Holy.  Eating the Void Zones should be done with personal CDs since you don't need personals during P2.  I figure since we easily 2 healed it, it might be easier to 2 heal than 3 heal, even with lesser geared groups. 

Have everyone spread out so they can soak the void zones,  and while it may help to put markers down  where the smashes were we just had a few st up to tell us where the smashes were near.

Also I tried this fight as disc... DO NOT DO IT. disc at lest for me was pathetic on that fight. 

Guest Jake

The strategy we're going to try for Breath is just having ppl move back into the area arcing smash hit so that right before the ability hits we just move out. A quick questions about breath? Does it hit the last places where arcing slash hit? or can it target an area hit by slash in previous slash sequences? I.E. first arcing slash goes out, the three areas get smashed, then before Breath goes out a second round of slashes land, is it the places in the round before breath hits that get targetted or can it be any of the previous slashes?

The strategy we're going to try for Breath is just having ppl move back into the area arcing smash hit so that right before the ability hits we just move out. A quick questions about breath? Does it hit the last places where arcing slash hit? or can it target an area hit by slash in previous slash sequences? I.E. first arcing slash goes out, the three areas get smashed, then before Breath goes out a second round of slashes land, is it the places in the round before breath hits that get targetted or can it be any of the previous slashes?

It seems to me that you misunderstood the mechanics regarding the smashes/breath.

You will only get one arcing smash at a time only affecting one area of the room. After the third smash you will get the breath where the three arcing smashes hit the ground at the same time

This is the procedure:

1. spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgArcing Smash 1
  2. --- 15 seconds ----
  3. spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgArcing Smash 2
  4. --- 15 seconds ----
  5. spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgArcing Smash 3
  6. --- 10 seconds ----
  7. spell_shadow_shadesofdarkness.jpgBreath of Y'Shaarj at the positions of Smashes 1, 2, 3
  8. spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgArcing Smash 4
  9. --- 15 seconds ----
  10. spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgArcing Smash 5
  11. --- 15 seconds ----
  12. spell_shaman_earthquake.jpgArcing Smash 6
  13. --- 10 seconds ----
  14. spell_shadow_shadesofdarkness.jpgBreath of Y'Shaarj at the positions of Smashes 4, 5, 6
  15. Phase 2
Edited by Farnion
  • Like 1

You're creating more movement and more confusion that needed.  Designate someone to throw markers down where the Smash happens.  Stay away from marked zones.  Win.

You're creating more movement and more confusion that needed.  Designate someone to throw markers down where the Smash happens.  Stay away from marked zones.  Win.

yeah but there is one small problem, if your beloved fellow raid members stick to much to the command of not staying close to the raid marks, especially if the smashes are close together: There will be one final round of void zone soaking something like 5 seconds before the breath and if you are unlucky multiple voids will spawn in the marked areas. This is just something everyone should be aware of.

Guest Soulcrush

Thanks for the great guide as usual :)

Just a little thing to point out though, the health values list the boss as General Nazgrim instead of Malkorok.

yeah but there is one small problem, if your beloved fellow raid members stick to much to the command of not staying close to the raid marks, especially if the smashes are close together: There will be one final round of void zone soaking something like 5 seconds before the breath and if you are unlucky multiple voids will spawn in the marked areas. This is just something everyone should be aware of.

While this is true, your raiders should be aware that there will be one of those. It's the most difficult mechanic of the fight (lol) so they can afford to spend some of their braincells looking after soaking.

Guest yz

Why only one tank on Malkorok during the endless rage phase in heroic mode, why not two tanks splitting the damage? In the one tank strat you mention here, what is the off-tank doing?

Guest Pwnda

Getting orbs like a madman. Use a monk for this phase to solo Malkorok and you won't need a single heal for the duration. Just a little bit to top you off for p1 again.

Just some information for heroic, my 25 man stacks up because when learning the fight we were going through tank changes and our main bear couldn't solo it.

Using 2 smoke bombs and shaman cooldowns gets us through the whole phase then we stack the rest for the next one.

As for the rooting debuff, you can use 2 druids to get every single one with stampeding roar. It will remove the debuff without exploding.

Using this method, I am assuming that other root removals will accomplish the same thing, such as hand of freedom, tigers lust, windfall totem, dash, etc.

For orbs during that phase we have our off tank and paladin with rocket boots run around collecting them. As well as having our paladins, rogues and wod walkers using their immunity cooldowns to absorbs as many as they can in rotation during phase 1.

Edit: reading the heroic strat you should definitely add this to your stack up strategy. It would make it much simpler if the raid decided to stack.

I can say for a fact that 2 stampeding roars are enough, being that each phase is a little under 3 mins, and stampede is a 2 min cooldown

I don't know for sure if the other root cleansing buffs work or not.

10man heroic.

We're having no issues with P2 but some of our raiders (especially hardcast based) have little issue effectively placing the phase 1 orbs, which has mostly led to our wipes here. 

Does someone have any tips and tricks on how to place them? The general guideline of leaving enough space to move is simple enough, but if anyone has had more success with a specfic way to place them, I'd love to hear it.

Cheers!

Guest Blerg

10man heroic.

We're having no issues with P2 but some of our raiders (especially hardcast based) have little issue effectively placing the phase 1 orbs, which has mostly led to our wipes here. 

Does someone have any tips and tricks on how to place them? The general guideline of leaving enough space to move is simple enough, but if anyone has had more success with a specfic way to place them, I'd love to hear it.

Cheers!

They are random, some spawn on players, some do not. The ones that do not cannot be effectively placed unfortunately, its meant to be a semi random mechanic

While we haven't downed him on HC yet we did get to 25% 3 healing xD Just wanted to mention an addon called malkorok helper it shows the platform in sections how arcing smash is appeared and it just takes one person to left click on the section that arcing smash was cast on and everyone can see it so there is no worries about markers being slightly out of place and whoever marks doesn't have to waste as much time trying to get it right smile.png and you simply right click the section to clear it smile.png if you are on a section arcing smash has been cast on and marked it will be red and you will get a message saying danger above it smile.png only me and my partner used it on the last pull last night but it did make a big difference so we have instructed the rest of our raid to get it tongue.png time to try again tonight xD

Edited by Tegaela