FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kvaksalver

Yet another FDK legendary thread

Alrighty, let's start with my char:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Kvaksalver/simple

Currently, I got the head, cloak, belt, ring and kil'jaden trinket.

Question is, which combination should i use? (Note that I'm using BoS/GS build) I'm pretty sure it's tied between head + ring / head + belt. 

But please, by all means help me out on this one :-)

Edited by Kvaksalver

Try simming the belt and ring. The helm is getting nerfed soon and i believe the belt ring combo will give you more runes for more damage

There is absolutely 0 competition right now between helmet and any other lego. So obviously helmet, (until it's nerfed then different story, though i imagine it'll still be really strong.) And ring is currently the second best so by again obvious choice ring. 

TLDR helmet/ring no competition.

• Like 1

For ToS, my bet is on ring/bracers being #1 and #2 BIS.  The 2-piece set bonus is absolutely bonkers with ring: it gives a 20% damage buff for 10s after using HRW, and the ring not only gives you 2 charges of HRW, it also reduces its CD by 10%.  Ring is the clear winner for 7.2 changes.  Reason I think that ring/bracers will be best instead of ring/belt is because 4-set will increase BoS uptime enough by itself to make the extra runes from belt extraneous to some degree.  I could be off-base and belt might end up being #2, but it largely depends on how changing from current tier bonuses to the new ones will influence BoS uptime (for instance, losing RP gen from Rime).

12 hours ago, Shaasar said:

For ToS, my bet is on ring/bracers being #1 and #2 BIS.

I agree to an extent, but a lot depends on whether they bring back the double relic system that was talked about as Order Hall final tier... I have taken a long long time to get Blast Radius relics (2/3) and they aren't even high ilvl but to surplant the helm even at 20% buff instead of 40% may take time and certainly until you're looking at dropping T19 x 2 for your T20 set, only then will it really drop off.

For me it may be Helm/Ring for some time after patch goes live.

It will require a fair amount of testing once it goes live, just glad I have all the legendries.

I really do hope they just give all relics 2 traits, but I haven't researched it in great depth to know if they have said 'no' to the idea or whether it will resurface at some time in the future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aerlon
      Hello everyone,
      Last patch gave us 40% and 10% damage increase on ray of frost and glacial spike
      Does anyone know of these changes make them relevant ?
      Should frost mage play with these or one of these now ?
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By tfoller
      I'm making a survival build for guardian druid for dungeons, lfr and a bit of battleground. I have Soul of the Archdruid and Dual Determination. Now I got Cinidaria, the Symbiote. Should I choose it over my existing two?
    • By Buksh
      Hi all,
      Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
      TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it
      I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!
      However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.
      Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events
      and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh
      Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15