exxodys12

SO New DPS Rogue..Placement Discussion..

10 posts in this topic

So, I have decided to make a new toon on a new server. Lets get to why and what I am making, so "why" thats easy Night Elfs are epic and nothing compares no matter where you look Elfs rule the lore. Now thanks to a new and good friend Nyxxiana and the Angels At Arms. now to what I am doing, I have always been DPS no matter the MMO's has been, here on WOW I have always been a warrior usually a night elf.

Now to what this post is about I want thoughts vote's opinions and anything else for what you all think is the best primary and secondary specs along with the co-aligning talent tree through wowhead if you don't mind, also what are the primary professions do you think will work well together as a crafting and gathering profession.

Now lets talk about what the Rogue will be used for, I want to say and all around Rogue but that would just be an overestimated lie so lets go into it and Ill separate the description as much as I can.

PvP: Mainly Battlegrounds and Arena's with a little bit of world PvP

PvE: Primarily Raiding being the main DPS with some dungeons in there as well(Obviously questing while I am leveling)

I will also be doing a lot of the pet battle systems and challenge modes when mists comes out well can't wait to see your responses

Sincerely,

Exxo

For leveling up a Rogue, I can only advise you to read this guide I wrote: Leveling Up a Rogue. There you will find the spec and details about the abilities to use.

As professions, I advise you to take inv_misc_pelt_wolf_01.jpgSkinning and inv_misc_armorkit_17.jpgLeatherworking. While leveling up, you will plenty of animals to skin and you will be able to use what you get to make Leather Armor for your Rogue.

While leveling up, you can perfectly do dungeons with the same build you use for questing. The dungeons are so easy that it won't make much of a difference.

When you get to level 85 and want to start raiding, you can simply read our Rogue guides: Assassination, Combat, or Subtlety.

Regarding PvP, I'm not the best person to ask, but I'm hoping someone else here can reply to you Posted Image

I was about to forget, but Night Elf is a very good race for a Rogue, as ability_ambush.jpgShadowmeld can be a DPS cooldown for Subtlety or Assassination.

I have decided to go Primary Spec Combat and Secondary Spec Assassination now I am in a torn spot on professions I am looking at the skinning leather working combination and the alchemy herbalism combination also I have read the leveling guide it was very comprehensive and helpful I will be turning to it quite often.

I did both Herbalist+Alchemy and Skinning+Leatherworking on different characters. It turned out that while leveling up, you will gather MORE than enough herbs to level your Alchemy skill all the way to 525 (so you'll make a lot of profits selling the leftovers). On the other hand, you will not skin nearly enough mats to level up your Leatherworking, so you will have to actually farm or buy most of the mats.

So alchemy and herbalism is a good one to start I though about doing a hunter also doing skinning and leather working the hunter interests me after that one ive never tried at all is a magic weilder(mage/warlock/priest) so we will have to see.

Here is a thought I had, in all the leveling articles I have read no matter the class they say have 2 gathering classes if I have herbalism and skinning and all I do is gather would it be more efficient to keep the gathering profs on my main and then make my hunter alt and use the corresponding crafting profs(leather-working and alchemy) and as I level cap the hunter use the mats I gather a level up my two crafting profs and let the hunter and rogue assist each other in this manor also will this be a profitable manner of doing things

you can absolutely do that, i did that with my Dk, since Nyxx was already maxed in Herbalism and Alchemy. I was already attached to my perks from alchemy and diddnt want to get rid of them.

If you have a toon, especially a melee like a rogue or hunter that does nothing but skinning/herbing mining/herbing skinning/mining etc, then have the hunter do the cooresponding crafting leatherworking/blacksmithing or so on, then it can ABSOLUTELY make things easier. I have a friend who is also a rogue, who does a LOT of raiding who does that sucessfully.

With your MAIN being the gatherer, it will be leveling up FIRST, so you will be able to get the materials for your lower toon much easier, and you wont have to pay horrid AH prices for the materials you need for the crafting. What i do to make a LOT of gold, is when i am helping someone level is take 1/2 of the materials and sell them on AH and use the other half for that lower level toon to level. That way, Gold is still rolling in, because frequently the materials that are crafted do NOT sell well on the AH at lower levels.......

HERES the cool part though......if you have YET ANOTHER toon who is a chanter, you can DE EVERYTHING for chanting Mats, and make a KILLING on Enchanting materials, continuing the cycle!! or if you dont want to go that far, Vixxn is a maxed chanter, and she (he) can DE everything as well.

I hope this info helps ANYONE who is looking at what options there are out there! <3 and WELCOME to the Sisterhood Exx!!! Posted Image

Here is a thought I had, in all the leveling articles I have read no matter the class they say have 2 gathering classes if I have herbalism and skinning and all I do is gather would it be more efficient to keep the gathering profs on my main and then make my hunter alt and use the corresponding crafting profs(leather-working and alchemy) and as I level cap the hunter use the mats I gather a level up my two crafting profs and let the hunter and rogue assist each other in this manor also will this be a profitable manner of doing things

I did that on my Shaman, I leveled up both trade_mining.jpgMining and spell_nature_naturetouchgrow.jpgHerbalism at the same time, sending the mats to bank alts because my bank alone wasn't big enough to keep all the herbs and all the ores. When I dinged level 85, I made sure I had enough mats, and then I dropped my gathering professions for trade_alchemy.jpgAlchemy and inv_misc_gem_01.jpgJewelcrafting.

Hi Exx...I have an 85 Gnome Rogue which I went Combat for PVE and Subtlety for PVP. I don't really do excessive raiding but have been doing the LFRS lately. I do enjoy PVP with this little fella. I chose to do Skinning and Engineering (gnome racial trait plus fun gadgets that I still use for PVP). Already have an alt with Leatherworking. Welcome to the club! Love my rogue so much I have an 85 Undead rogue on this server too. :)
  • Like 1

I levelled using sub and continue to use it at 85. If you are joining a new server it might be worth taking two gathering professions to generate income. If I was doing a rogue again I would choose human as their racial every man for themselves is brilliant for both pve and PvP. I have sub for both primary and secondary slots; they differ slightly, for example the one I use for PvE has AoE mitigation selected (cannot recall the abilities).

Edited by Damian

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orb
      <Banana Hammock> is a BFA social raiding & M+ guild for late night weekend raiders.
      Hours: 11pm-2am (Pacific) Saturday & Sunday     ///         11pm-2am (Pacific) Friday  (Alts & Casuals)
      <Banana Hammock> is a BFA social raiding & M+ guild for late night weekend raiders.
      Progression: 8/8 N 7/8 H
      Day/Hours: Saturday & Sunday: 11pm-2am (Pacific)
                             Friday (For alts): 11pm-2am (Pacific)
      Raiding Goal:  To reach AOTC each tier and to do mythic raiding if we can. 
      Looking for:  
      1 Melee
      1 Hybrid(Dps/Heals)
      Ranged DPS
      If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686
      Progression: 8/8 N 7/8 H
      Raiding Goal:  To reach AOTC each tier and to do mythic raiding if we can. 
      Looking for:  
      1 Melee 1 Hybrid(Dps/Heals) Ranged DPS  If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, or Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686
    • By Archimage
      About: I've decided to make a guide on Leveling Heirlooms since I did not find any quick guides for it. This is my first guide, so please feel free to give some constructive feedback   What are Heirlooms: Heirlooms are items which stats scale with your character's level, reducing the need to replace gear whose stats are becoming too low for your level.  
      Heirloom Collections Tab: A new Heirloom system has been introduced in 6.1, adding all your heirlooms to your Collections, where they can be easily accessed without having to mail the heirlooms to other characters. Already earned heirlooms will be added to the collection once you have logged in with the character that has the heirlooms in their bank/bag. Any newly purchased heirlooms will automatically be added to your collection. To use a heirloom, simply find and click on it in the Heirlooms tab, and it will be placed in your inventory, and then equip it. You can also recreate the same heirloom if you want to dual-wield it, or have two trinkets or rings of the same type.
        Categories: Heirlooms can be divided into the following 4 categories, based on what stats they give:    Strength-Haste - Gear for Melee damage dealers that requires more haste than crit. These pieces were the tanking pieces, but the Parry/Dodge stats were changed in 6.0  
      Strength-Crit  - Gear for Melee damage dealers that requires more crit than haste.
      Agility - Gear for Melee+Ranged damage dealers
      Intellect - Gear for Spell-caster Damage Dealers and Healers
      There are also subcategories for armor types, like Cloth, Leather, Mail and Plate.
      There are also subcategories for slots, like Chest, Shoulder, Leggings, Weapons etc
      How to buy Leveling Heirlooms:   Heirlooms can be brought with the following currencies: Gold (g) Burning Blossoms (Midsummer Fire Festival)
      Tricky Treat (Hallow's End)
      Coin of Ancestry (Lunar Festival)
      Mark of Honor (PvP)
      Timewarped Badge (Timewalking)
        Darkmoon Prize Ticket (DPT) Champion's Seals (CS)   From these vendors: Alliance: Krom Stoutarm Horde: Estelle Gendry Guild Vendors: (A) Shay Pressler / (H) Goram  
      Head, Shoulder, Chest, Cloak and Pants pieces cost 500 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals One-handed weapons (except the fist weapons) cost 650 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals  Two-handed weapons cost 750 gold / 75 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 40 Champion's Seals Off-hand weapons cost 500 gold / 50 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 25 Champion's Seals Trinkets cost 700 gold / 70 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 35 Champion's Seals The New Neck pieces cost 700 gold   Once you have brought a new heirloom, it's starting level range will be from level 1 to 60, meaning it will stop to scale up once you have reached level 60. This level cap can be increased twice by upgrading the piece with these tokens.    Armor (1-90): Ancient Heirloom Armor Casing costs 100 gold / 100 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 55 Champion's Seals / 2000 Honor Armor (1-100): Timeworn Heirloom Armor Casing costs 2000 gold Weapon (1-90): Ancient Heirloom Scabbard costs 1200 gold / 120 Darkmoon Prize Tickets / 65 Champion's Seals / 2400 Honor Weapon (1-100): Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard costs 5000 gold   List of Heirlooms per Category   Strength-Haste Plate (Warrior / Paladin / Death Knights) Head: Burnished Helm of Might Shoulders:Burnished Pauldrons of Might Chest: Burnished Breastplate of Might  Back: Ripped Sandstorm Cloak Leggings: Burnished Legplates of Might Ring: Dread Pirate Ring Weapon: Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver Shield: Flamescarred Draconian Deflector
      Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast     Strength-Crit Plate (Warrior / Paladin / Death Knights) Head:Polished Helm of Valor Shoulders:Polished Spaulders of Valor Chest: Polished Breastplate of Valor Back: Worn Stoneskin Gargoyle Cape Leggings: Polished Legplates of Valor Ring: Dread Pirate Ring 2H Axe: Bloodied Arcanite Reaper Dual Wield 1H Sword: Bloodsoaked Skullforge Reaver  Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Agility Mail (Hunter, Enhancement Shaman) Head:Tarnished Raging Berserker's Helm Shoulders: Champion Herod's Shoulder Chest: Champion's Deathdealer Breastplate Back:Back:Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Can be used by Agility Leather characters) Leggings:Tarnished Leggings of Destruction Ring: Dread Pirate Ring Dual Wield 1H Mace: Venerable Mass of McGowan (Combat Rogues can use this) Bow: Charmed Ancient Bone Bow Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast   Intellect Mail (Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Holy Paladins) Head: Mystical Coif of Elements Shoulders:Mystical Pauldrons of Elements Chest: Mystical Vest of Elements Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Cloth and Intellect Leather) Leggings:Mystical Kilt of Elements Ring: Dread Pirate Ring 1H Mace: Devout Aurastone Hammer Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge Shield: Weathered Observer's Shield Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast   Agility Leather (Rogue, Feral Druid, Windwalker Monk. To a lesser extent Enhancement Shamans and Hunters) Head:Stained Shadowcraft Cap Shoulders: Stained Shadowcraft Spaulders Chest: Stained Shadowcraft Tunic Back:Inherited Cape of the Black Baron (Can be used by Agility Mail characters) Leggings:Stained Shadowcraft Pants Ring: Dread Pirate Ring  
      Dual Wield 1H Sword: Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge Dual Wield 1H Mace: Venerable Mass of McGowan (Enhancement Shamans can use this)   Dual Wield Daggers: Balanced Heartseeker Staff (Feral Druids): Burnished Warden Staff  Bow: Charmed Ancient Bone Bow  Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Intellect Leather (Balance/Restoration Druids, Mistweaver Monk) Head: Preened Tribal War Feathers Shoulders: Preened Ironfeather Shoulders Chest: Preened Ironfeather Breastplate  Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Cloth and Intellect Mail) Leggings: Preened Wildfeather Leggings Ring: Dread Pirate Ring   1H Mace: Devout Aurastone Hammer  Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast     Intellect Cloth (Mage, Priest, Warlock) Head: Tattered Dreadmist Mask Shoulders:Tattered Dreadmist Mantle Chest: Tattered Dreadmist Robe  Back: Ancient Bloodmoon Cloak (Also used by Intellect Leather and Intellect Mail) Leggings: Tattered Dreadmist Leggings Ring: Dread Pirate Ring   Staff: Dignified Headmaster's Charge  Off-Hand: Musty Tome of the Lost Health Trinket: Swift Hand of Justice Mana Trinket: Discerning Eye of the Beast  
      Collecting 35 heirlooms will reward you with a Chauffeured Chopper, which can be used as a mount from level 1.
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde, US Connected Realms: Aegwynn, Bonechewer, Daggerspine, Gurubashi, Hakkar. 
      Raiding Times: Mon/Tue 7:30 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST

About us:
      We are former nolife raiders who now enjoy spending time outside our basements in the real world. Our total play time has decreased slightly but we still strive to meaningfully progress our characters through end game raiding. Currently we are recruiting new members to help us progress in the upcoming expansion. Join us and lets slay Dragons together!
      Apply if you are:
      interested in end game content; M+ Dungeons and Heroic/Mythic Raiding capable of critical thought and willing to contribute when discussing strategy a self-starter who plays to improve and keeps up to date with latest theorycraft always on time and reliable  
      Recruitment Status: minimum ilvl 355, recruiting Melee DPS/Ranged DPS/Heals.
      Current progression: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hakkar/Korben+Dallas+Multipass

Contacts/Battle Tags:
      Shig#1825 (Guild Master)
      SODIUM#11394 (Officer)
      Silvadine#1273 (Officer)
      Discord:
      Shig#8835
      Sodium#2032
      Silvadine#1277
    • By PinkFap
      __________________________________________________<Shiny Happy People>__________________________________________________ We've cleared Uldir Heroic! And with the help of a few PUGs we've got 2/8 Mythic.
      We would've cleared it sooner if Blizzard hadn't gone and fucked up the scaling for smaller groups. We want to alleviate this issue by recruiting more people! Check the bottom of the page for more details on how to apply.
      Who we is:   SHP is comprised of some of the illest killas you done ever seen. We're long-time bessie amigos based on The Maelstrom EU with our WoW experience stretching as far back as Vanilla. We play many different games together but consider WoW our 'main' game. We're former hardcore, balls-to-the-wall Heroic/Mythic raiders now adopting the life of the semi-casual.   For a more in depth look at our history please visit: https://www.guilded.gg/shp/overview/about We strongly recommend you give that a read before applying. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   What we're about:   SHP is all about that primo, high octane gaming experience while having Tons of Funs™. This means we play at a high level and blaze through content at a steady pace all the while plenty of uncensored shit-talking and bants is taking place on voice comms. We pride ourselves in being able to overcome any and all challenges while cracking wise. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   But who are we looking for?   Are you able to follow simple instructions such as 'Don't do that' or 'Don't stand in that shit' or 'Don't drop that big bad AOE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAID'? Are you able to perform dexterous movements such as sidestepping big fucking purple beams being casted in your direction? Are you able to perform complex mechanics such as pool soaking by standing COMPLETELY still? Do you often look at boss tactic videos and think to yourself 'Man aint nobody got time for any of that nonsense, I'll let the raid leaders spoonfeed me what to do'?   Then you might just be SHP material! If none of the above applies to you but you're ranged DPS and you consistently parse orange on WCLogs then you are definitely SHP material! ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ But what can we offer you?
      SHP can offer you raiding like you've never raided before. I'm talking high level play from highly skilled players proficient in both PvE and PvP. A mindset of continual self-improvement and an eye on a prize at the end of an ever-expanding horizon. Our members also regularly run high Mythic keystones to gear up alts or to hopefully get a sweet sweet Titanforged weapon.
      But no matter how difficult the content, no matter how focused we get, it is always paired with a relaxed environment, sweet tunes from our dedicated music bot and the occasional sing-a-long on our Discord voice comms.
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   When do we do what we do?   We raid Wednesdays and Mondays from 20:00 till 23:30. We also have an extra raid day at the start of a new tier on Saturdays which will convert to an optional alt-run after this period. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   Website Discord   Contact: PinkFap#2713 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________   Current recruitment needs: Mostly looking for good ranged DPS of any class and melee of a select few classes to round out our roster.   For our most up-to-date recruitment needs please visit our WoWProgress page.   You can drop an application here. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________