FORUMS
Damien

Caverns Below Rogue Quest Standard

Seems like a good deck, and I have respect to whomever made the deck and wrote an explanation.

But, what is the rush? Shouldn't we wait to see how meta will be shaped first?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

But, what is the rush? Shouldn't we wait to see how meta will be shaped first?

We created decks that we are sure we would get either if they were subpar in the meta, which means we want to have all quest decks up before the launch (and of course other decks). We will then adjust the decks accordingly to the meta (as there is no meta at the start of an expansion).
The reason I suggested this system is twofold. The first is - you get to influence the decks by your insights, as these decks aren't quite refined, and could have better options that we have missed. The second is - some users start looking for Un'goro decks some time before the launch, so we provide the decks.
If you think it would be better not to upload the decks, let me know why.

I like it.  Seeing decks like this early gives me an idea of what other players may be working with, and ideas for card interactions I might not have thought of yet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

We created decks that we are sure we would get either if they were subpar in the meta, which means we want to have all quest decks up before the launch (and of course other decks). We will then adjust the decks accordingly to the meta (as there is no meta at the start of an expansion).
The reason I suggested this system is twofold. The first is - you get to influence the decks by your insights, as these decks aren't quite refined, and could have better options that we have missed. The second is - some users start looking for Un'goro decks some time before the launch, so we provide the decks.
If you think it would be better not to upload the decks, let me know why.

Well, we know there is going to be such an archetype, the 'Quest rogue'. And the other quests will also have decklists, viable or not.

Now the decklist is here, players will look at the decklist, and try to get the hang of it, even before playing the deck, you know, read the explanation, check the guide, and etc. 

Then, expansion will come, and - I'm not saying this is gonna happen 100% of the time- we will see our predictions were off. I mean, I'm not really an experienced player, I am talking about the admin and the mods here. Even the bests could have a wrong first impression, right?

Then, there is a possibility the decklist will be adjusted drastically, we cannot really call it an adjustment, rather a whole new write-up. Things may get really confusing, really quick.

Minor adjustments are done by time anyways, according to the state of the meta. 

By the way, I am not really objecting the idea of adjusting wild decks, because rotation doesn't happen there. But for standard, everything will be quite different.

Still, kudos to whomever started working on new decks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FanOfValeera said:

Then, expansion will come, and - I'm not saying this is gonna happen 100% of the time- we will see our predictions were off. I mean, I'm not really an experienced player, I am talking about the admin and the mods here. Even the bests could have a wrong first impression, right?

Then, there is a possibility the decklist will be adjusted drastically, we cannot really call it an adjustment, rather a whole new write-up. Things may get really confusing, really quick.

That's something that might happen, but we're doing our best to minimize the probability of it happening. The decks are written by pro-players and then checked by pro-players. And last but not the least, the users of Icy Veins can place questions and suggestion as well.
We had much smaller preparation for the last rotation, and we were preparing the decks before the expansion landed as well, we just made them public when the rotation happened, rather than before like we do now, and yet there was no re-write of a guide, so I'd say we are relatively safe from major mess-ups.

Even if we end up having a deck that is suboptimal, we will make a new deck, as we expect to make several decks of the same type anyway, and the worse deck will be slightly changed to give it a fun twist.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback!

One of the things I'm trying to do is to make sure that the guides will stay relevant even if there are big changes.The themes for the decks should remain the same, while there's a little more focus than usual on how various cards work within the deck.

Even if no cards at all change in the list (which is obviously unlikely), then the guides will be updated and made more focussed on the meta as soon as a meta is formed. People do want things to do on opening day, and so having a guide (There is a disclaimer at the top of untested guides) should help those people. 

The days immediately after the release will involve a lot of updates and changes, some will be minor as usual, one or two might end up being major, but the theme and basic concepts should remain the same. As the decks evolve, the strategies should largely be in place right from the start, and so you will be able to transfer the learned skills to the updated decks.

Thanks for the effort.

The only risk is people pouring dust in the first days into an archetype that ends up unviable, but yeah...

• Like 1