FORUMS
Damien

Open the Waygate Antonidas OTK Mage Quest Standard

Guest John

Spent 5k dust to make this deck and won 2 of 30 games at rank 15, a real nightmare WTF?!

5 hours ago, Guest John said:

Spent 5k dust to make this deck and won 2 of 30 games at rank 15, a real nightmare WTF?!

This deck is very hard to play, but when you master it, it is truly rewarding. If you aren't experienced enough in Hearthstone, the deck will have a very low winrate due to its difficulty. I recommend either playing the deck over and over until you get sufficient experience with it, or play other decks and then come back to the deck later.

Guest TheMilos

Fun deck, but that's a tough win condition to get consistently.  Maybe when the meta stabilizes it will be more productive, but who knows.  I really want to work in Antonidas with waygate, but can't seem to make him fit in standard.  

Guest guestio

This deck is very bad against aggro, if somehow u dont get the crucial spells u're done. When rogue gets his 5/5s at turn 6/7, theres literally nothing u can do.

Guest Display Name 2

Please don't put coldlight oracles into this deck. Any kind of draw except that. Right now in the meta every single deck benefits as much or more than this deck from draw. 

On 8. 4. 2017 at 6:20 AM, Guest John said:

Thats weird, cuz i am actually ranking up with this thing (16th rank only yet tho). That satisfaction smashing opponent like this totally outweights the spent dust/low winrate. I had to switch the 1/1s: draw a card for a volcanic potion, because my hand were constantly full and i have had a really hard time dealing with hunters. Keep trying, totally worth it.

1 hour ago, Guest Display Name 2 said:

Please don't put coldlight oracles into this deck. Any kind of draw except that. Right now in the meta every single deck benefits as much or more than this deck from draw. 

Not really, as it gives you both tempo and the much needed draw. If you do face a ton of aggro decks, you could swap them for second Blizzard and a second Babbling Book.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:20 PM, Guest John said:

As others are saying it really does have a high learning curve. I just botched one game but still would have won through the Quest + spell draw set up. In the end I overdrew my cards and got killed from fatigue right after playing Timewarp. A bit more practice and I get how it would be really intense.

Guest Steve French

I just played against this combo for the first time. I admire your creativity, but this deck is very frustrating to play against. You have successfully combined the time consuming and depressing freeze/ice block mechanics with an infinite fireball one-turn-kill trick. Again, I give you props for your effective strategy, but I honestly hope this gets nerfed like OTK warrior once did :| 

• Like 1

On ‎09‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 8:32 PM, Guest Display Name 2 said:

Coldlight is only really bad against quest rogue. But as I often struggled with to many cards in hand to play the tome efficiently, I exchanged one copy for a kabal courier for another discover effect that most of the time generates a useful card and sometimes even a very good spell.

Edited by Zeratul

I just played my ridiculous ramp druid I use to complete the overpowered quest and played against quest mage. Took my opponent to fatigue to complete the setup. Here is what the win condition looks like if you're having trouble envisioning it

Screenshot_20170421-060755.png

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JohnnyZ said:

I just played my ridiculous ramp druid I use to complete the overpowered quest and played against quest mage. Took my opponent to fatigue to complete the setup. Here is what the win condition looks like if you're having trouble envisioning it

Screenshot_20170421-060755.png

That is a horrific sight if you're on the other side of that barrel.  Thanks for the share and sorry for your lose. :P lol

@KingMe don't be. It was a great game. Just casual and I got to play 9 out of 10 cards to complete the daily quest since it ran so long. I considered it a win. It was also the first time I had seen the infinite fireball. I thought it was hilarious

5 minutes ago, JohnnyZ said:

@KingMe don't be. It was a great game. Just casual and I got to play 9 out of 10 cards to complete the daily quest since it ran so long. I considered it a win. It was also the first time I had seen the infinite fireball. I thought it was hilarious

That's the spirit. :) One day I will sit down and test this deck more thoroughly. 

• Haha 1

Guest Radek

Executing final combo is soooo satisfying. ;) Hard though. ;p Deck is great agains control decks like quest warrior and pretty weak against aggro like pirate warrior, so its hard to mulligan well when you compete against warriors. Matches are long and you need to think much what card do you want to play and how to manage your hand. Thats why its bad deck to climb the ladder. 

4 hours ago, Guest Radek said:

Executing final combo is soooo satisfying. ;) Hard though. ;p Deck is great agains control decks like quest warrior and pretty weak against aggro like pirate warrior, so its hard to mulligan well when you compete against warriors. Matches are long and you need to think much what card do you want to play and how to manage your hand. Thats why its bad deck to climb the ladder. 

Yeah, it's more of a fun deck than regular ladder deck. You could tryhard the deck, but there are certainly way better decks to play. Glad you're having fun with it!