6 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Something's been bugging me recently - why is mastery more valuable to an Unholy DK than versatility? It seems to me that versatility should be superior because it increases ALL damage (shadow & physical) while mastery only increases shadow damage. Does 1% of mastery scale differently than 1% of versatility in some way? I assume I am misunderstanding something here about how versatility works.
Hello, since 7.1.5 my raid performances dropped dramatically. From checkmywow I fire too few AiS, but I'd ask for more analisys as I feel I'm constantly spamming AiS.
3/20 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gRAhwJpM1c8KXDLV
3/22 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HCRpntjF4913D6Vq
Many thanks for anyone that would help me sorting this mess.
i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion
In no-proc periods: Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable. When you get a proc: → Marked Shot → Keep Cast Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x Aimed Shots.
But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
- If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.
I dont understand.
I am in a mythic raiding guild that is hoping to down M Cenarius tomorrow. This requires a lot of dps and I have a few questions concerning the rotation outlined on this site. It's easy for me to understand that you want to cast both windburst and marked shot at times when you have a lot of focus you can use to cast on aimed shots afterwards. However, in reality as I have played the spec and I try to build focus things start to happen that make me question this principle.
1. What if you get full focus--->marked shot--->aimed shot x 2/3 and run out of focus, and then windburst comes off cooldown when you have no focus? Theoretically I am supposed to use windburst on cooldown but should I wait until I have more focus again? Would waiting to cast windburst be a dps loss?
2. What if both marked shot and windburst pop up at the same time? Should I use them both, and then drain my focus with aimed shots? Or should I try and stagger the two abilities?
3. What if I am building focus with arcane shot, and marking targets procs twice when I have low focus? Instincually, since I can marked shot, I don't want to waste it, but then I do not have enough focus to follow up with any aimed shots (or maybe only 1 aimed shot). Should I use the marked shot proc without following up with aimed shots and continue to build focus? Or should I waste that marking targets proc and wait until I can follow up a marked shot with 2-3 aimed shots?
Hi fellow hunters,
I have been reading these forums for quite some time now, but never actually signed in and felt I could contribute anything so this is my first post. I am by no means an experienced player or what, but hopefully this post and topic won't be my last and I can contibute something to icy! :)
I have the feeling, and number never really lie, that my dps is too far below par. First I tried to read, re-read and read some more on these forums to see what I can improve on. I have also done many uploads to warcraftlogs and checkmywow to see if I can find the issue. I know a lot of my dps issues come from moving to incoherent and just falling out of the rotation. Something I can and should improve on, but somehow keep finding hard to. Last night I felt I did the most I could in a semi pug/alt run in EN HC and earlier in a ToV pug. When I checked the logs, i keep finding that my resource management needs improvement. I am allready trying to focus (no pun intended) on that but really thought I was getting the hang of it.
So here is the question: Can you guys (and possibly girls) help me to improve my dps with some tips and pointers practical enough for me to implement?
What i tried so far:
- packing more haste gear (felt my cast time and focus generation were a little behind at first)
- keep better track of my focus (addon bar in close sight)
- more closely monitor the vulnerable and true shot timers
- use marked shot directly in vulnerable when >110 focus
- improve the opener by trying to maximize the number of marked shots instead of aimed shots
- more closely monitor the cooldowns of windburst and barrage to get as many of them in as possible
- use the barrage/true shot combo in the last 20% to get a spike in the end
Here is my armory link:
Last nights logs:
Same fights but analyzed through check my wow:
I hope there is someone willing to add a few pennies or thoughts to make me understand what I'm doing wrong and help me to improve. Thanks in advance!