Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vecroct

MM Hunter getting Versatility on most items

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been struggling since the patch to understand what is going on.  I have been getting versatility on most of the drops I receive from dailies/quests and world bosses.  Before the 7.2 patch I was getting plenty of master items and afterwards nearly all of the items are versatility.  I am perplexed and wondering if somehow the game is broken and thinks I'm survival or somthing.  I've checked everywhere, it's set to MM and my loot specialization is set to Marksmanship. This is not a case of exaggeration, it's nearly a night and day difference.  Out of like 10 items which used to be mostly +mastery they are all now +versatility.  Trying to open a ticket for this is confusing as well.  Unless someone can offer any advice, I suppose I now have something to discuss at the Blizzcon Benefit dinner with the devs.  I'm totally not enjoying playing with all this gear dropping with this crummy versatility.  Anything people can think to check?  It seems like a bug to me..... I'm lost.

Just the luck of the draw mate; it's just RNG. You'll get the gear you want eventually. Check the icon on the world quest to show whether it's versatility or not; it also depends on the zone. Highmountain for example doesn't normally have items with mastery, and neither does the Broken Shore.

Thanks I will keep plugging away, it just seems like they changed something and are pushing Versatility.  I didn't know about the zones which don't often have mastery so perhaps that is contributing to my results.  Appreciate the feedback.

Stormheim is more crit/mastery, suramar is haste/mastery, azsuna is versa/mastery, highmountain is crit/haste, can't remember what val'sharah is. probably haste/versa or something? Doesn't apply for every quest but most. If you want gear from world quests usually try to go for Suramar.

1 person likes this

OK so I am going to watch for it, but so far I am still thinking something was changed or is broken.  Today for example here is what is showing for Gear:

High Mountain:

Ring with +Crit and + Versatility

Val'sharah:

Head with +Crit and +Versatility

Azsuna: no gear

Stormheim:

Neck with +Versatility and + Mastery

Suramar:

no gear

Broken Shore:

Ring with +haste and + Versatility

Eye of Azshara:

Chest with +Versatility and  + Mastery

So the breakdown is 5 gear items:

2 +Crit / +Versatility

2 +Versatility / +Mastery

1 +Haste / +Versatility

Since when is every single item needing Versatility?  this was not like this prior to 7.2.  I do dailies every day and as of the patch this is the BS that I am seeing.  Versatility is on all items, why? something seems to be broken with the hunter or my loot specialization as far as I can tell.

You seem incredibly unlucky. High versatility drops should only come from pvp.

My only recommendation is to do dungeons and raids. Drops from bosses have predetermined stats, so there's no random versatility added from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DarioZ
      Hello, since 7.1.5 my raid performances dropped dramatically. From checkmywow I fire too few AiS, but I'd ask for more analisys as I feel I'm constantly spamming AiS.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/pozzo-delleternita/Khazgor/simple

Logs:
      3/20 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gRAhwJpM1c8KXDLV
      3/22 - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HCRpntjF4913D6Vq
      Many thanks for anyone that would help me sorting this mess.

Dario
    • By Alst3r
      Hello hunters,
      i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion

In no-proc periods:  Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then  Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If  Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the  Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on  Vulnerable. When you get a proc: →  Marked Shot → Keep Cast  Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x  Aimed Shots.  
      But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
      - If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
      But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.

I dont understand.
    • By Zadus
      I am in a mythic raiding guild that is hoping to down M Cenarius tomorrow. This requires a lot of dps and I have a few questions concerning the rotation outlined on this site. It's easy for me to understand that you want to cast both windburst and marked shot at times when you have a lot of focus you can use to cast on aimed shots afterwards. However, in reality as I have played the spec and I try to build focus things start to happen that make me question this principle. 
      1. What if you get full focus--->marked shot--->aimed shot x 2/3 and run out of focus, and then windburst comes off cooldown when you have no focus? Theoretically I am supposed to use windburst on cooldown but should I wait until I have more focus again? Would waiting to cast windburst be a dps loss?
      2. What if both marked shot and windburst pop up at the same time? Should I use them both, and then drain my focus with aimed shots? Or should I try and stagger the two abilities?
      3. What if I am building focus with arcane shot, and marking targets procs twice when I have low focus? Instincually, since I can marked shot, I don't want to waste it, but then I do not have enough focus to follow up with any aimed shots (or maybe only 1 aimed shot). Should I use the marked shot proc without following up with aimed shots and continue to build focus? Or should I waste that marking targets proc and wait until I can follow up a marked shot with 2-3 aimed shots?

• By AartS
      Hi fellow hunters,
      I have been reading these forums for quite some time now, but never actually signed in and felt I could contribute anything so this is my first post. I am by no means an experienced player or what, but hopefully this post and topic won't be my last and I can contibute something to icy! :)
      I have the feeling, and number never really lie, that my dps is too far below par. First I tried to read, re-read and read some more on these forums to see what I can improve on. I have also done many uploads to warcraftlogs and checkmywow to see if I can find the issue. I know a lot of my dps issues come from moving to incoherent and just falling out of the rotation. Something I can and should improve on, but somehow keep finding hard to. Last night I felt I did the most I could in a semi pug/alt run in EN HC and earlier in a ToV pug. When I checked the logs, i keep finding that my resource management needs improvement. I am allready trying to focus (no pun intended) on that but really thought I was getting the hang of it.
      So here is the question: Can you guys (and possibly girls) help me to improve my dps with some tips and pointers practical enough for me to implement?
      What i tried so far:
      - packing more haste gear (felt my cast time and focus generation were a little behind at first)
      - keep better track of my focus (addon bar in close sight)
      - more closely monitor the vulnerable and true shot timers
      - use marked shot directly in vulnerable when >110 focus
      - improve the opener by trying to maximize the number of marked shots instead of aimed shots
      - more closely monitor the cooldowns of windburst and barrage to get as many of them in as possible
      - use the barrage/true shot combo in the last 20% to get a spike in the end
      Here is my armory link:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Aarts/simple
      Last nights logs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ny7d4twbcXxRqGYV#source=13&view=rankings&fight=3
      Same fights but analyzed through check my wow:
      http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/ny7d4twbcXxRqGYV/141427272/3?tab=casts
      I hope there is someone willing to add a few pennies or thoughts to make me understand what I'm doing wrong and help me to improve. Thanks in advance!
    • By bangla
      Hello everyone,

First of all here is my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/archimonde/Felantril/simple
      So I recently got some trinkets and I'm pretty confused about which one I should take, I looked at the comparison on here but it didn't really help, I hope you guys can.
      Here are the trinkets I have equipped at the moment :
      860 Thrice-Accursed Compass (1,353 Agility, 322 Critical Strike, Haste and Mastery)
      880 Tempered egg of Serpentix (1,631 Agility)
      And in my bags I have :
      850 Stormsinger Fulmination Charge (1,233 Agility)
      865 Eye of Skovald (986 Critical Strike)

I do not care about the item level at all, I think it's worth saying.
      Can you help me figuring out which trinket should I use? 
      Thanks !