Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

So I've been playing around with SimC and every sim with Horn of Winter yields better DPS than Freezing Fog, between 9k and 11k more dps. What do you guys think? Is HoW better than FF without the legendary helm? Should FF be taken regardless? 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/quelthalas/Bricktor/simple 

The theorycraft is one thing.. but since the helm nerf it's less cut and dried.

I would just test each build choice on a few dummy runs rather than simming, as the change is more about active choice (introduces variance via poor execution) over passive talent.

You may find in practice that your playstyle favours one over the other regardless of sim numbers.

I would suggest that with HoW and no leg.helm that you will find it better than FF for BoW uptime.. but do practice it and find out... you can log dummy runs too if you do sustained dps for enough time for it to be a valid upload. (at least for warcraftlogs)

Worth noting too that you have 1/3 relics with blast radius ... improve to 2 or 3 and the balance may swing more definitively but I wouldn't be too focused on that as the ones you have are good.

With your gear I would take freezing fog. Horn of winter is really a lower gear talent or a "halp i'm new to BOS talent". Considering you have the ring and a high ilvl I'm going to guess you have no problem keeping up BOS for at least 45 seconds if not much further. So because of that horn of winter doesn't help that much, it can lead to overcapping resources while freezing fog is just a pure damage increase. 

So in real play, in raid you will likely see more mileage out of freezing fog than horn of winter. Now by all means run lfr trying out both to see for you individually what plays out but i'd put my money on freezing fog for you by miles.

Again sorta repeating (i do that a lot) horn is better just at lower gear levels where generating enough resources for BOS would be difficult and/or you are struggling personally with the BOS playstyle and it provides a nice emergency HALP I NEED RESOURCES button. In addition without legendaries to help extend BOS horn can be taken and give good leg room. The time to say no no to horn is when you start overcapping yourself because of ring or 4 set or COF, what have you.

tldr take freezing fog in your case. likely the best one. but farting around in lfr or training dummy never hurts.

lol browed right when I hit submit reply it said browed replying as well, great minds think alike :D

25 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

lol browed right when I hit submit reply it said browed replying as well, great minds think alike :D

*brofist*

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this