FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
sebisoy

Character Choice!?

Hello everyone, I am conducting some personal research on WoW, specifically why people choose the primary character that they do. To answer this question, I have come up with several questions I would like to research, and hopefully gain valuable feedback. Please feel free to respond to as many of the questions below, as they will be very beneficial to the results of my research! Thank you all!

What character did you choose as your primary?

Why did you choose this character?

What do you enjoy doing most in WoW? Why?

Does your character choice reflect what you like to do in WoW? If so, how? If not, why not?

What do you enjoy doing outside of playing WoW?

Please respond right on this post! All of those responding, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to participate.

I main paladin and death knight dont really remember why i chose paladin when i first started btu i picked up deathknight because it was somewhat similar to paladin. i personally love the M+ system and run those a lot on both characters usually as the tank i like to run in there beat the crap outta them and never die and wut theres things to do outside wow :O

On 23.5.2017 at 4:37 PM, sebisoy said:

Hello everyone, I am conducting some personal research on WoW, specifically why people choose the primary character that they do. To answer this question, I have come up with several questions I would like to research, and hopefully gain valuable feedback. Please feel free to respond to as many of the questions below, as they will be very beneficial to the results of my research! Thank you all!

Does your character choice reflect what you like to do in WoW? If so, how? If not, why not?

1. Prot Warrior

2. It was back in BC or even in classis. Just felt that prot warrior is the best tanking class. I also like how warriors look and how the handle situations. We stand the ground! 

3. Raiding and playing with my longterm friends. Its just fun to achiev something together. 

4. There is no explicit content i like to do. But basically yes, a good tank is always needed for the most things. 

5. Living my life with every aspect of it :-) 

I change characters a lot but I allways come back to hunter

Is the oldest and was the 1st class I ever played

PVE, dungeons or raids. And solo old raids, the ones that are a chalenge

Not allways, I play hunter even if he is a bad dps class in that patch.

Im a PT at local gym so I like many sports with weights

I stared out with a brew monk, however when changed guilds I was pushed into a dps roll, As i dislike WW i swapped to my feral druid who is currently my main. 
I keep my monk tank as my alt.

Picked monk originally because i liked how the tanking spec felt to play.  When asked to dps i was unsure for a long time, looked at a few choices but main defining factors were i liked mdps over rdps. I wanted to be able to tank/heal if the raid needed it and don't like ret or WW...

Raiding.  But i feel I cant raid properly atm with out spending hours and hours farming ap / ledgendaries which unfortunately i don't have all that much time to do (what with socializing,  work and wanting to not commit all my game time to just wow). 

Yes in that i like the flexibility of changing roles if the guild needs something different for a boss or one of the main tank/healers are away. It very much is a concept i lean towards because I enjoy raiding.

Traveling - Friends - Playing other games... 

Death Knight

Was the only unique class not seen in other forms of high fantasy or rpgs. Every game has warriors, paladins, hunters, etc. Death Knight sounded unique and interesting. 

Raiding mostly. The challenge and rewards both cosmetic and functional that come with it. Gives you something to strive for. Also the constant character improvement is rewarding and also in ways a bit like gambling. You roll on gear hoping for that big win. It's delayed gratification but those jackpots are amazing.

It was independent. I didn't start off going "oh this looks good to raid with". It was more the design and story got me into it and raiding kept me going. DK's have had variable stints of being strong or worthless in raids and that is irrelevant to me. I like my class I play my class.

I love movies. I like gardening specifically flowers. I like animals and going to the zoo. I also enjoy being part of the icy-veins family and being a part of this website (im not technically playing the game :P )

Please respond right on this post! All of those responding, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to participate.

happy to help :D

1, Hunter - Beast Mastery

2. Unlimited mobility, double pet (AWESOME),

3. I enjoy the whole game, but i mostly enjoy Mythic + and Raids, not doing them a lot but when im doing it I'm doing it with friends

4. I always had/have problems with choosing a class, because I always wanted to be useful to the group, like playing a tank or healer for short queues and easy getting into raids/dungeons. That caused a lot of altoholism,( I got all horde and alliance classes maxed out). Finally I decided to stop caring about that, and now I play a spec I really enjoy, sadly it is the most played class but whatever I don't care anyomore as long as I have fun playing it.

5. Outside of playing WoW I enjoy working out, running, reading fantasy books, spending time with my wife and my son

• Monk, Rogue and Druid - I don't really have a single one here, since I maintain all 3 as active characters.

• I enjoy playing WoW with my own music a lot of the time. For me, it's incredibly important for my character to flow just as my music does. I don't like playstyles where I have to stand still, the movement is slow or choppy. I like to be able to dart around as I please, with abilities comboing themselves into one fantastic symphony of moves. These 3 stood out as the best choices for it, as well as allowing me to fill every role.

• PvPing - I absolutely love BGs as WW/Sub/Boomkin, especially if it's something like the Southshore Brawl as a Boomkin.

• Yeah, I think so. All 3 are excellent duelists or multi-target fighters, allowing me to swap as I wish.

• Reading and writing.

Priest

I wanted to play something that was needed at the time in Vanilla and I didn't care about killing things.

Tricky question.  While deployed overseas, the best part of WoW was visiting places that seemed familiar to me.  Elwynn Forest, Westfall, Redridge, Duskwood.  I enjoyed going to these places because I could not go home...at least I could log in and see something familiar...a home away from home...familiar names and silly things that made sense to me.

I've always enjoyed PvP though, especially on the Alliance side because it usually needed help.

I think it does.  My strongest priority in PvP has always been protecting my friends.  I would later roll a tank class to do the same in PVE.

Riding my motorcycle

V/R

Wolfie

Edited by Wolfcookie

1. My primary is a paladin.

2. Because I was a paladin in Diablo II and I love the idea of an iron-clad holy crusader who can heal allies.

Frankly though, I often consider changing my main to a mage, warrior or DK given the huge gap in bad-assness and burst damage/SFX satisfaction. Pallies are fairly bland and their Templar's Verdict sounds like tapping a stick on a tin box.

3. I enjoy healing the most. I have to say that despite ret's dissatisfaction, the holy pally's burst healing is bonkers-good!

4. My character choice reflects my desire to avatar iron-clad colossi that smash enemies, and possibly blast them with devastating spells or manipulate them with the DK's most super badass telekinesis.

5. Outside of WoW, I play FPSs (favorite is Titanfall), ride bicycles and rarely create art.