Zadina

Duplicate Legendaries Will No Longer Drop From Card Packs

35 posts in this topic

WJKFLYCJ26W91497985960515.jpg

Some exciting card pack changes are coming with the next Hearthstone expansion.

With the release of the next Hearthstone expansion, but still applying to ALL packs, you won't be able to get the same legendary card from a card pack. This applies to crafted legendaries, as well: if you have crafted a legendary card, for example Tirion Fordring, he won't drop for you if you open a Classic pack.

Moreover, beginning with the release of the next expansion, you’re also guaranteed to get a Legendary within your first 10 packs of a new set.

Watch Ben Brode announce this amazing piece of news in his usual excited tone. I mean, what is there not to be excited about?

Lastly, a special promotion is coming soon in the Store. The bundle prices will stay the same, but the number of the packs you will be able to get will be increased. The dates for the promotion haven't been announced yet,

43XccLP.png

• Like 2

Finally! This no longer makes the RNG as punishing. Getting a dup legendary is so heart breaking. It also lowers the pain of seeing a "worthless" legendary because at least it's the only time you will see him. This does mean (from my understanding) it's essentially never worth dusting a legendary because then it opens their slot to be rerolled in packs.

The 10 pack thing should have happened before anyways. Hell make it the first one just so everyone gets excited every expansion. Won't know what you get, but you get a CHANCE to be competitive.

I'm happy about this, no more crafting a legendary and then pulling it 6 more times (Looking at you Harrison ). My question though is what about golden legendaries, will they have their own counters? 

4 hours ago, HenrySteinway said:

but the pool of legendary cards will be soooo huge, that you'll get crap anyway

/B.B.

I guess the glass is never half full with you guys.

• Like 4

Just now, Yridaa said:

Can't please everyone. 

5 hours ago, KingMe said:

I'm happy about this, no more crafting a legendary and then pulling it 6 more times (Looking at you Harrison ). My question though is what about golden legendaries, will they have their own counters? 

The gold versions of cards have always been treated as different cards (e.g The auto disenchant will not notice any duplicates if you have 2 normal and 2 gold versions of a card) so a card pack giving you a golden legend should be a seperate list but it's just a guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yridaa said:

This game is incredibly greedy. No, GREEDY! And those measures they bring to fight their own greed are pathetic. In HotS I can have anything I want, for ex., just a little time to grind and voila! This collectible card game is not collectible at all. You got crap you play with, then you dump it for another crap. And don't force me pls to mention RNG. #saltyasusual #collectiblecrapgame

Beg your pardon.

Forgive me saying, but now we'll have to keep even totally shitty legendaries just to be sure we don't get them again. Dusted Manastorm? Get another one! Dusted him? No problem, we have more!.. 400 dust we could use, farewell. Feelgladman.

But right now you dust it then you might get it again. With the change  you might get a Legend you want instead of the same again saving you more dust on the long run.

Edited by Caldyrvan

4 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

With the change  you might get a Legend you want instead of the same again saving you more dust on the long run.

Yeah, but this run is not so long, except classic packs (tho Tirion or Alexa may become the next victim of The Hall of Fame). You see, I can find a downside anywhere. =)

I doubt they will remove any of the class specific classic legends, they are good but far away from being overpowered. But who knows ^^

1 minute ago, Caldyrvan said:

I doubt they will remove any of the class specific classic legends, they are good but far away from being overpowered. But who knows ^^

Anyway, if I stop being salty, I'd say they move in the right direction. But too slow (nevermind).

Great :)

But pay attention, the 15 cards offer best value, better buy this 4x instead of 60 packs, if you consider buying that many. Should give better value the more you buy imo, at least that would be the usual reward style.

Price in Euros (don't know $ prices):

Pack with 9 packs would be 1,11 € per pack.

Pack with 20 packs would be ~0,99 € per pack.

Pack with 52 packs would be ~0,96 € per pack.

Pack with 78 packs would be ~0,89 € per pack

I have no idea if there is an oversight with the dollar prices but in Euros the biggest pack still offers the best value.

Anyway it's not like they do this out of generosity. With that they make players buy more or player who do not pay often will consider to buy some packs now. But if you planed to buy a certain amount anyway then it's sweet ^^ 

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I thought about getting some new cards now, would be nice to an ETA :D

Blizzard is bad about that. "Coming this summer" Or my favorite "Available in August" 

21 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

The gold versions of cards have always been treated as different cards (e.g The auto disenchant will not notice any duplicates if you have 2 normal and 2 gold versions of a card) so a card pack giving you a golden legend should be a seperate list but it's just a guess.

This is what I was thinking but one never knows with Blizzard. lol 

• Like 1

And what is this shi... with the 60 packs for pc ? Trying to make ppl pay the most or trying to make ppl buy tablet? 

Edited by Caldyrvan

On 23. 6. 2017 at 3:31 AM, Caldyrvan said:

But if you type Extra in the search bar, it shows those cards, though I hope that one day I will be able to select that it will automatically disenchant non-golden extras.

On 24. 6. 2017 at 1:01 PM, Caldyrvan said:

And what is this shi... with the 60 packs for pc ? Trying to make ppl pay the most or trying to make ppl buy tablet? 

Quite the opposite I would say. It seems that tablet players will have access to all bundles except for 60, and PC will have access to all bundles, including the 60. 

• Like 1

What I am wondering: What will happen in the theoretical case (or not so theoretical, at least regarding the core set) that someone has all legendaries from one expansion? Will that person never ever get a legendary again from opening packs of that expansion?

4 hours ago, Kobal said:

What I am wondering: What will happen in the theoretical case (or not so theoretical, at least regarding the core set) that someone has all legendaries from one expansion? Will that person never ever get a legendary again from opening packs of that expansion?

That's what I am thinking. While it is nice to know that you will always get the legendaries that you don't have at the same time it kinda sucks that you lose out on the extra dust.