FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Overwatch Doomfist

Heya

Pretty well formatted guide and easy to digest for the newer players who may seek advice here. Pictures are a great plus that makes it easy on the eyes to read.

Looking forward to more guides, Blainie

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dainara said:

Looking forward to more guides, Blainie

Thanks for the feedback! I'm hoping to have my next guide up very shortly (Reinhardt) and then follow up with finishing off the tanks. Sombra and Ana should be in there somewhere too. I'm aiming to get at least a few more guides up before the end of the month to get things going quickly.

• Like 1

Guest ColonelCustard

Hey I know this guide is a little dated but there are some inaccuracies to it with the current state of Doomfist that I wanna point out. With the combos the king of all combos is Slam, Uppercut. If they have no escape it's a guarantee free kill. With the doomfist rocket punch nerf the best use for it is mobility to get around the map and bounce of objects for height and saving the uppercut for combo. However, the fist works well if you do it from behind and above since it gives you the most overview as to who to hit and they won't have enough time to react if they don't see you. When it comes to counters, Solider 76 is one of the easiest heroes to kill with the slam uppercut combo since it takes him away from his healing station, you can actually kill him when he's ulting and completely shut him down. With Pharah she doesn't really counter you it's more of you can't kill her but she can't really kill you either unless she's going exclusively for you when you dive the back line but that's not really countering and more punishing. Sombra and Orisa are annoying but really only soft counter. Mecree and Roadhog hard counter doomfist since they have the best cc in the game. Doomfist is best against heroes that don't have any air mobility, since landing the slam, uppercut combo will basically be an insta kill, if they have a zen he's just gonna not have any fun since doomfist can just kill him as much as he wants. I mostly agree with the synergies but also zen is pretty good for doomfist since the healing orb can offer enough sustain for doomfist to last an engagement.

On 01/01/2018 at 9:06 PM, Guest ColonelCustard said:

When it comes to counters, Solider 76 is one of the easiest heroes to kill with the slam uppercut combo since it takes him away from his healing station, you can actually kill him when he's ulting and completely shut him down. 

This is only true if Soldier positions badly, though. You will never be able to touch him if, for example, he takes high ground on Dorado. By the time you pose a threat to him, he will easily be able to spray you down. In a fair 1v1, I agree, but in a normal scenario, a Soldier with even moderate positioning will prevent Doomfist from making any real impact. You just don't have the direct movement and defense that a Genji, for example, would. This is especially true if he has anyone else on high ground, which he most likely does. 

There are also levels of high ground that Doomfist will never be able to reach without manually walking up to him (high point on Lijiang or Hanamura A roof). A pushing has no way of reaching Soldier on Hanamura roof without first making it through the choke, then jumping on to the balcony, then the roof. By that point, he'd be dead. 

On 01/01/2018 at 9:06 PM, Guest ColonelCustard said:

With Pharah she doesn't really counter you it's more of you can't kill her but she can't really kill you either unless she's going exclusively for you when you dive the back line but that's not really countering and more punishing.

With her knockback, she can completely ruin your positioning and leave you in an open spot with no mobility ready if timed right. She prevents you from properly pushing their supports, especially with how popular Mercy is, since Mercy is no longer a killable target (perma-flight). She can also bait you into Pharah pretty easily. 

Also, using your ult anywhere near an edge/cliff can result in death because of her E. There's a delay between landing and actions that means you can't E back on immediately, due to the animation.