FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Blizzcon Golden Legendary Announced, Hints at Pirates in Next Expansion

6YyUBGC.jpg

Marin the Fox will be the golden legendary minion that players will receive for purchasing a virtual Blizzcon ticket. What does this tell us about the next Hearthstone expansion?

With the first major announcements of Blizzcon only a week away, the official Hearthstone twitter account just revealed the name and art for the golden legendary minion that will come with a Blizzcon virtual ticket purchase. Say hello to Marin the Fox!

Marin gives us our very first glimpse at what we can expect to find in the next Hearthstone expansion: Pirates. A polarizing minion type for the past few years, could Marin be hinting at a full-on Pirate expansion? With the much maligned Patches the Pirate still a set away rotation and Southsea Captain seeing play in a wider variety of decks than ever, Blizzard would need to be awfully careful with a pirate-heavy set. Given the risks of a heavily pirate-themed set, I think we're more likely to see pirates take a backseat to other themes in the next expansion than playing a primary role. 

Marin is a brand new character for Hearthstone, which means we can't pull any clues from Warcraft to gain additional insight into the new set. What do you think that Marin the Fox tells us about the next expansion, and what do you think the card will do? Tell us all your predictions for the next in the comment section!

Will it be possible to craft the legendary card you get if you buy the ticket or will it be a totally exclusive card?

(And I seem to be too stupid to find the exact specs of this card...)

Card stats has not been shown yet, just art. And if it works like the other promotion cards (ETC and Mekkatorque) you will need a ticket for the golden one, but the non-golden is craftable by anyone.

Edited by Drachar
clarification

I just hope that they won't repeat the mistake they made with Patches: if a pirate minion have that effect, it must have written charrrge :)

I assume you will be able to craft the card (both normal and golden) once the expansion goes live, I doubt they would give out cards exclusively obtainable by buying a ticket or such for a competitive game. Even though it becomes more and more pay to win everyone is able to get every card. So far the only exclusive content is cosmetically like a hero or card back but these are not affecting the game, that's totally ok. 

5 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

I assume you will be able to craft the card (both normal and golden) once the expansion goes live, I doubt they would give out cards exclusively obtainable by buying a ticket or such for a competitive game. Even though it becomes more and more pay to win everyone is able to get every card. So far the only exclusive content is cosmetically like a hero or card back but these are not affecting the game, that's totally ok. 

A golden card has no advantage over a normal version, it is just cosmetic.

24 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

Don't be fuzzy I just wanted to say I think they will not include a card (golden or not) that is not obtainable by everyone..

And yet they have with both Mekkatorque (beta participation) and ETC (Blizzcon 2013). The golden version of those cards remain exclusive.

Oh well, sorry then that was before I started with the game and when HS was very young.

Anyway, I have a few nice golden cards looking cooler than the normal version but I don't craft them and I have no need to have more. In the end they are just a bit more shiny and as long as the normal version is obtainable for every player it's nothing that bothers me, but sad for ppl who want to collect them.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

As long as you can craft a non-golden copy I have absolut no problem with that.

If you "need" every single card in golden because you collect them - well, then you will just have to buy a ticket for Blizzcon to get it.

Is that ridiculous expensive? Sure, but well, no one forces you to have everything in golden. If you feel the need for it you will just have to pay (lots) of money.

But as long as you don't have an advantage - fine with me.

3 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

If you "need" every single card in golden because you collect them - well, then you will just have to buy a ticket for Blizzcon to get it.

Is that ridiculous expensive? Sure, but well, no one forces you to have everything in golden. If you feel the need for it you will just have to pay (lots) of money.

If you're collecting every golden card, you probably have already spent enough money on the game to not be bothered by buying a Blizzcon ticket.

• Haha 4

I don't see why would there be more pirates in the next HS xpac because of the next WoW's xpac. There wasn't a demon-themed xpac for legion launch ...

EDIT : Actually i just looked at parution dates : there wasn't an orc-themed xpac for WoD launch either

Edited by genbag

4 hours ago, genbag said:

I don't see why would there be more pirates in the next HS xpac because of the next WoW's xpac. There wasn't a demon-themed xpac for legion launch ...

EDIT : Actually i just looked at parution dates : there wasn't an orc-themed xpac for WoD launch either

The fact that the free card is a pirate does kind of hint that it is going to be somehow related to pirates, though.