FORUMS
Damien

Meteor Wizard

Guest Jessica

I don't understand, everything one shots me with this build at level 70 greater rifts, i thought it was supposed to be top tier? or am i not understanding something, my vyr build is better

On 9/5/2018 at 7:25 AM, Guest Jessica said:

I don't understand, everything one shots me with this build at level 70 greater rifts, i thought it was supposed to be top tier? or am i not understanding something, my vyr build is better

I agree...I definitely seem to be missing something about this build, one projectile from one mob almost one shots me w/o channeling and takes me to half health while channeling. 

Guest Jessica
3 hours ago, Fablezim said:

I agree...I definitely seem to be missing something about this build, one projectile from one mob almost one shots me w/o channeling and takes me to half health while channeling. 

I figured it out, i wasn't igniting mobs. the melee mobs hardly touch me but the projectiles really hurt, like the goats that throw spears or the flying witches that shoot the red orbs, I have to speed past most regular mobs and fight only the elites and bosses, and i manage 80-90 GR so far. ty for the build, it has helped me unlock primal and keep my interest in the game.  I just need to figure out a way to protect a lil more from projectiles maybe.

Guest Guest

Speed farm variation of this needs error correction. Few examples:

1. Weapon is said to be Aether Walker because "you drop the channeling aspect of the progression build" and yet shoulders still shown to be Mantle of Channeling.

2. Cube section recommends RoRG for "6 piece Firebird and 3 piece Sage" even though gear outline stipulates Tal Rasha.

Guest Arthemus

Hi. I have a couple questions about the Tal Rasha Variation.

- I don't understand how it's supposed to be playable without Hergbrash's Binding in the cube. I simply cannot sustain the fire-rate for more than a few seconds without that belt.

- The Halo of Karini's drop rate is abysmal. What would be the next best choice in slot?

On 9/30/2018 at 4:05 PM, Guest Arthemus said:

Hi. I have a couple questions about the Tal Rasha Variation.

- I don't understand how it's supposed to be playable without Hergbrash's Binding in the cube. I simply cannot sustain the fire-rate for more than a few seconds without that belt.

- The Halo of Karini's drop rate is abysmal. What would be the next best choice in slot?

Storm Armor and the RCR on shoulders should cover the Hergbrash's - you can try running Ray of Frost - Cold Blood over Frost Nova if you want to play around with AP costs. Can also go for Arcane Weapon - Conduit, but you'll lose some survivability.

As for Karini, there isn't really a replacement for it. It's a massive boost to toughness. I'd recommend farming some GR keys in T13 and then using the Death's Breath to just upgrade rings until you get one.

Guest Arthemus
8 hours ago, Blainie said:

Storm Armor and the RCR on shoulders should cover the Hergbrash's - you can try running Ray of Frost - Cold Blood over Frost Nova if you want to play around with AP costs. Can also go for Arcane Weapon - Conduit, but you'll lose some survivability.

As for Karini, there isn't really a replacement for it. It's a massive boost to toughness. I'd recommend farming some GR keys in T13 and then using the Death's Breath to just upgrade rings until you get one.

Thanks for the reply.

I tried using Storm Armor +  RCR 7% on shoulders and gloves + Magic Weapon - Conduit + Astral Presence.

It's close but not enough. The arcane power still goes down. Ray of Frost or Hergbrash's seems to be the ways to go.

I've been using this variation for a couple days and it works VERY well:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95421-tal-rasha-meteor-gr-build-110

And I got Karini... after spending a TON of Death's Breath. Funny thing is the ring is now dropping regularly for me.

It's like the probability of it dropping goes up after the first time.

Guest iPhoneSux
9 hours ago, Guest Arthemus said:

Thanks for the reply.

I tried using Storm Armor +  RCR 7% on shoulders and gloves + Magic Weapon - Conduit + Astral Presence.

It's close but not enough. The arcane power still goes down. Ray of Frost or Hergbrash's seems to be the ways to go.

I've been using this variation for a couple days and it works VERY well:

https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95421-tal-rasha-meteor-gr-build-110

And I got Karini... after spending a TON of Death's Breath. Funny thing is the ring is now dropping regularly for me.

It's like the probability of it dropping goes up after the first time.

I use Critical Hits restore 4 Arcane Power mod on Etched Sigil... can channel constantly most of the time.  You could also try Magic Weapon with conduit. 

Guest Spes

Hello, did you guys update for season 15 yet? Because I was trying to build Firebird top tier according to your site. I happened to check top Wizard GR's and almost everyone in first 500 people were using DMO set with Tornado. So isn't this the top tier anymore?

Thank you,

Spes

Guest Condutas#2364

Got all items for this, in season 15, some of them even ancients... anything in grifts 50 that shoots me from far away two shoot my ass.

Over 622k life at the moment, I can do Grifts 70 but not without around 10 deaths inside the rift.

The damage is unreal but the defence/damage mitigation/thoughness of this build is a bloody insult to be honest, its the first time in the past 3 seasons I have a full items build char (and even with the right legendary gems at least at rank 25) that isnt even capable to doing Torment 13 related stuff without a problem.

Guest Alex

I'm using this precise set with the right gems (upgraded around 80 each) and skills with also some Caldesans and my Paragon is 795 atm (joined diablo about 3 weeks ago) and my highest GR so far was 86 +5 (empowered with no deaths) in 7 minutes. Yeah, most of the items are ancient and properly enchanted, but i do find this as a good build. I did try several variatons of items and skills but, so far, this one seems the most fluid of them all. Well, you do have to know your moves with Teleport and take advantage of it, but once you get it, you'll just fly around T13 and grifts 70 will be douable in 2-3 minutes, solo. 🙂

Guest Alex
12 hours ago, Guest Alex said:

I'm using this precise set with the right gems (upgraded around 80 each) and skills with also some Caldesans and my Paragon is 795 atm (joined diablo about 3 weeks ago) and my highest GR so far was 86 +5 (empowered with no deaths) in 7 minutes. Yeah, most of the items are ancient and properly enchanted, but i do find this as a good build. I did try several variatons of items and skills but, so far, this one seems the most fluid of them all. Well, you do have to know your moves with Teleport and take advantage of it, but once you get it, you'll just fly around T13 and grifts 70 will be douable in 2-3 minutes, solo. 🙂

Forgot to mention that i'm using the Tal Rasha Variation.

Guest dwf

those who get 1 shot, check the following:

- are u using ice armor with halo of arlyse OR storm armor with halo of karini?

- unity on you and follower?  add esoteric alteration for more toughness

- you should be able to use teleport almost constantly (illusionist passive)

- forget trash, only kill elites

i'm using fb set, dont know if these apply to rasha as well

teaguk gives you dmg and surivability as well but i think esoteric is better to start with until u get used to the build

Guest Ruy Lopez

I'm a bit confused as to how the burning proc works. It says you need damage from 3 different fire skills, but this build only has two? (Torrent and Meteor) What am I missing?

On 1/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, Guest Ruy Lopez said:

I'm a bit confused as to how the burning proc works. It says you need damage from 3 different fire skills, but this build only has two? (Torrent and Meteor) What am I missing?

The magic weapon with ignite is your third source of fire.

Guest Thibs

So why would I equip the Unwavering Will passive if im constantly moving? What could i replace it with?