FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fettucini

Low damage as Frost on opener

On 13/02/2018 at 1:19 PM, Fettucini said:

I'm curious whether this is just bad playing or a lack of gear.

Your opener has low DPS because your priority in the opener just doesn't really make sense.

Why are you not pre-casting Ebonbolt? It's a slow cast that would allow you to start the fight with a Flurry-proc, but you instead use it about 4-5 seconds into the fight.

Why do you wait so long to use Frozen Orb? 

I'd recommend re-reading our opener section, because there's a few issues in yours.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-mage-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Your opener should be like this: icy veins>ebonblade>frostbolt>flurry>ice lance, then if u have another mind freeze, remember to always do FB>flurry>IL, after that opener, dump your FoFs if u have, if not, use Frozen Orb>Blizzard and get a lot of FoFs to use IL. Plus, as u have leggo wrist and not that much mastery, u should be using Thermal Void instead Glacial Spike, as GS scales with mastery

Alot of little things you have huge gaps in casting ABC always be casting. No pots the rest of the raid is using pots. Each buff you stack magnify's all the others.  Second hero is missed on some fights even if you cant line up all your cool downs just hero if the fight is going to end before you have iv and frozen orb is more then not. 

Blizzard on single target. Its not worth the GCD more so with out arctic gale. Exceptions being you will not be able to cast at any point IE mythic high command with stuns. Or if you are trying to force your frozen orb to line up with IV not always worth the effort. 

Your opener on every fight your order of operations should be 3-4 seconds to pull pre pot ( some pulls are a mess so 5 or even 10 seconds early if your tanks or some one likes ninja pulling after your pre pot start casting ebonbolt it will land as the boss is taunted. flurry as soon as the cast is finished then icelance. Next frozen orb frost bolt or blizzard ( depending on number of targets ) in the gap while frozen orb is moving to the boss. Dump FOF procs as you get them frozen orb is a pita taking you from 0 to 3 procs some times and munching, some times or giving you 1 to 3 total holding them risks munching.  Your FOF buff times look long so you may be holding. A fof proc is wasted if you proc BF holding them for bracers or chain reaction rarely is going to be to your benefit due to lost munched procs 

You don't have advanced logging so I cant say how much proc munching you have going on but I would assume its high. Frost bolt should never be your highest damage dealer ever it should be 2nd or 3rd  on a single target fight and should be miles behind ice lance. 

On 3/10/2018 at 10:51 PM, Malinaz said:

You don't have advanced logging so I cant say how much proc munching you have going on but I would assume its high. Frost bolt should never be your highest damage dealer ever it should be 2nd or 3rd  on a single target fight and should be miles behind ice lance. 

39 BF procs, only 35 Flurry casts. Looks like 4 overwritten or missed. 

Misses Frostbolt shatter multiple times on Flurry by interrupt Frostbolt and then casting Flurry anyway.

Also doesn't seem to ever shatter Ebonbolt. Casts Ebonbolt, then hard casts Frostbolt into Flurry.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aerlon
      Hello everyone,
      Last patch gave us 40% and 10% damage increase on ray of frost and glacial spike
      Does anyone know of these changes make them relevant ?
      Should frost mage play with these or one of these now ?
    • By Nireas
      I usually sim my characters to get the best possible results. I enjoy the process quite a lot and since I reached 120, I wanted to find out the best build of the spec. (Note, I didn't want to find out what to play, but rather how my own build fares in comarison.) I rarely mind a 1-2% difference. If it goes above 2%, I really mind a change. What this thread is about is mainly to bring something in the attention of those who help making the class guides, especially the talent choices. To my surprise, I was awed to find out that certain talents outperform previous "Standard" choices in the endgame, probably due to the stat squish.

The Frost go-to build (top dps) would probably be along the lines of <Icy Talons / Cold Heart - Runic Attenuation - Frozen Pulse - Gathering Storm - Breath of Sindragosa>. What I found out primarily was that after the removal of legendaries, Cold Heart severely underperforms at most given situations resulting in a major dps drop due to the low mastery. Gathering Storm also suffers from the same problem and most of the times, Frostwyrm's Fury is better overall. The biggest surprise of them all, however, was that Inexorable Assault overperforms quite a lot, and is the first reason why I made the topic. I then started simming with the above in mind and I came across a build that some would not consider on par with top dog builds around the meta, which is the use of Horn of Winter which overperforms both its other two options when using the Breath build. Talent Sim can be seen here. Another intresting thing, which I loved, was that the 2nd best build uses Obliteration as a lvl 100 talent and no other build surpassed it (Other than the first one, obviously). So, I encourage frost players out there to give their other, less common talents a try. To the class guide author(s), I believe that the two "underdog" talents will earn their spot in the class guides.

Thank you for your time reading this.

• By lChronosl
      Do we have any official statement on whether physical armor reduces non heroic damage, such as minions, mercs, monsters and structures? I tested it on the trial grounds, but since non-heroic damage numbers won't show up when the player character is hit, I was unsure. It seems to me it does, but can anyone confirm this, or link some resource?
    • By Buksh
      Hi all,
      Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
      TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it
      I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!
      However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.
      Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events
      and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh
      Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15