FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Darius Crowley Reveal: The Witchwood

rXwIDBg.jpg

Is Darius Crowley the most powerful card we've seen from The Witchwood?

A powerful Warrior Legendary has been spoiled by Chinese Hearthstone streamer Gouzei:

675cd2174daa46330747cc19601fa2f4.png

Card image courtesy of Hearthpwn.com

It took roughly 2 seconds for me to decide that this card is amazing. The majority of Hearthstone boards have a minion on it with 4 or less health. Against these boards, you'll get to kill one of those minions while leaving behind a 6 power body that demands an immediate answer. Your opponent can't just let Darius sit around and take over the game, which means that Darius will likely force a lot of awkward trades and generate many 2 or 3 for 1s. Darius seems like a big upgrade to The Boogeymonster.

Which decks do you think Darius will fit into best? Let us know what you think about the card in the comments, and check out our Witchwood Hub for more information about the Hearthstone's upcoming expansion.

Looks not bad and it suits warrior in general but I am not sure if it survives a turn it's great otherwise you might do better by playing something else. But it's too early to tell.

I guess it would have to cost more mana or have weaker stats as an Epic card but for a legend it looks not impressive.

Seems like it would fit in a tempo warrior deck.  But will that be a thing?  The lack of a strong early weapon to actually swing tempo seems problematic.  He plays poorly into cubelock, but well into most mid range decks.  I think if tempo warrior is a thing, he will be a part of it.  But I don't think he is nearly strong enough to carry the archtype.  Plus there are quite a few situations where he can be mediocre.  At a 4/4 he is guaranteed to trade down, and the minion has to have 3 attack or less.  In a lot of board states he can then take a 3 damage aoe or can be traded up into, still 2 for 1s, but may not be a huge tempo swing.  Still a worgen greaser that kills a 3 drop is solid.

It should also be noted that he is capable of winning a game by himself as well.

Edited by VaraTreledees

Hmm, it is definitly a good thing that Warrior gets some cards, that are good on their own.

The reason I always liked Warrior the least is, that so many cards of this class need to be combined with others to do anything at all.

If it kills a 4 attack minion, does it die or does the +2/+2 trigger first?

But anyway, let’s say it’s 5-mana deal 4dmg summon 6/3. Similar to Blackwing Corruptor with some pros (can get more +2/+2s, doesn’t need a dragon in hand) and some cons (can’t bypass taunts/poison, has to kill to gain stats).

Corruptor was pretty much an auto-include in dragon priest, but I wouldn’t say it carried it in the way, say, drak op did at times. This seems similar, it’ll be a strong card in a deck that wants it, but I don’t see it being so defining that people will scoff when someone asks ‘replacement for darius?’

Edited by Bozonik