FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Introduction to Hearthstone

Guest LightFixture

A note on this intro guide, and by association the other starter guides:

After reading the Introduction to Hearthstone, Mechanics, and Beginner guides it was not clear that playing a minion card costs mana, or where that mana cost is shown on the cards. I do not believe it is ever explicitly stated, and being new to card games I assumed mana was only for spells.

I would humbly suggest that adding a images of generic card types and pointing out the information found there could solve this problem. 

Other than that, excellent guides!

I think it's hard to cover everything one might ask and sometimes things slip through but usually you can find all you need for HS on Icy Veins, if not, ask and someone will help you eventually :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh btw I noticed in a few guides for cards which are from the Classic Set this line " This card can be obtained from expert packs.".

Example: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cards/mage/blizzard

For me it's not a problem I know they are from the classic set, but why use the word "expert" a bit confusing for new players maybe or is there a reason for it?

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

For me it's not a problem I know they are from the classic set, but why use the word "expert" a bit confusing for new players maybe or is there a reason for it?

Classic packs used to be called Expert packs. The change of name wasn't reflected in card guides and I was told that it is not important enough for it to be changed.

• Thanks 2

On 2/3/2018 at 7:12 PM, Caldyrvan said:

Oh btw I noticed in a few guides for cards which are from the Classic Set this line " This card can be obtained from expert packs.".

Example: https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/cards/mage/blizzard

Thanks again!  I started watching Youtube videos, but I will check out your link as well!