FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Shudderwock Animation Speed & Battlecry Cap to Be Fixed Soon

LCQGKha.jpg

The team has finally responded to the community's concerns on the new Shaman legendary minion.

Two weeks after The Witchwood's release, Team 5 has addressed the issues surrounding Shudderwock. Its animation will go faster and it will cap at 20 Battlecries. Hopefully, it will be less of a nuisance now. Lifedrinker will also receive a bump on its animation speed.

I assume the fix will go live on April 26 along with the Monster Hunt.

Blizzard LogoJesse Hill

Recently, our players have had feedback regarding the Shaman card, Shudderwock. We understand that the length of its Battlecry animation and other animations spawned from its Battlecry can be frustrating.

In a future update, we will be doubling the animation speed of Shudderwock’s Battlecry so it will lessen the impact on the overall pacing of your current Hearthstone match. In addition, the amount of Battlecries Shudderwock can reproduce will be capped at 20.

We will also be speeding up the animation of Lifedrinker for similar reasons.
Thank you for your feedback, and we’ll see you in the Tavern.

Cheers!

(source)
  • Thanks 1

20 is still too much considering with 10 mana you play 2x Shudderwock one with 9 mana and one with 1 mana after. That makes 40 battlecries in a row. Limit at 10 woulda have been more than enough already considering how boring the card is especially if get played multiple times in a row.

10 hours ago, Zadina said:

The team has finally responded to the community's concerns on the new Shaman legendary minion.

Glad to see they are finally doing something about it, thank you for the news :)

7 hours ago, Hanz39 said:

20 is still too much considering with 10 mana you play 2x Shudderwock one with 9 mana and one with 1 mana after. That makes 40 battlecries in a row. Limit at 10 woulda have been more than enough already considering how boring the card is especially if get played multiple times in a row.

I think 10 would be too limiting, 20 is fine. Also now that they listened to the community and realized it was an issue that needs to be fix I assume that if it will become again problematic by playing multiple Stuttercocks in one turn they will address it. Or am I too optimistic? :D

I'm curious if this will be like Caverns Below, where they said it was a known issue, and still took 2 months to nerf. At least on this they seemed to have a clear direction of what they felt needs to happen, so hopefully not.

Shudderwock is fine. The iteration with Grumble, Saronite and the lifedrinker may not be fine.

IMHO, the right nerf should be that Saronite and his kind of minion should make Shudderwock summon a copy of theirselves, instead of a copy of Sudderwock.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, Synesthesy said:

Shudderwock is fine. The iteration with Grumble, Saronite and the lifedrinker may not be fine.

IMHO, the right nerf should be that Saronite and his kind of minion should make Shudderwock summon a copy of theirselves, instead of a copy of Sudderwock.

I like the sounds of this!

All they would have to do is change the description of Saronite Chain Gang so it says something along the lines of "Battlecry: Summon another copy of this Saronite Chain Gang".