Damien

The Witchwood Monster Hunt

21 posts in this topic

Shouldn't Grizzled Reinforcement be Canoneer's unique? It's just that i barely found this card in the list

Edited by Yevhen

Facing the Whisperer as Tess. If you use your discover hero power on turn 2 before any spells have been cast, you get a "Small Rock" spell, 1 damage for 0 mana. Whisperer gives all spells echo. Forty small rocks later....

BTW, Whisperer can be the level 7 boss.

Edited by zifmia

In the beginning of the guide, it says "There are no second chances, and if you die against a boss, you will have to start all over again." This is false because if you get the treasure card "Rewind" then you in-fact get a second chance.

I'd like to note that the Gilnean Tracker doesn't just turn into any old 5/5 at the start of your turn, he turns into a 5/5 with "at the start of your turn, transform into an 8/8 windfury"

I don't have screenshots though

I just encountered Gobbles as my final boss. Same Hero Power, defeating him was a piece of cake, but I was so surprised to see him there that I had to restart my game to see if it's not broken.

Guide? This is an explanation of the mode, I was expecting some element of guidance....you know, like something a "guide" would do.

Found Raeth Ghostsong as 8/8 boss. Hero power (1): deal 1 damage to all minions. If any die, refresh this.

Tactics: similar to defense against Defile: flood your board but you should't allow 1-2-3etc HP minions at the same time.

8 hours ago, Guest Cyberspark said:

Guide? This is an explanation of the mode, I was expecting some element of guidance....you know, like something a "guide" would do.

Yeah, me too.  While I didn't always agree with every opinion expressed there, I did rather often look at the icy veins Dungeon Run guide.  That was a guide.  This is, like a cheap roadmap in comparison.

I'm not really sure what information should be in there that already isn't present or is not (going to be) inside the "sub-guides". Could you please give us some examples of what you expected?

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Guest Andy T. said:

Yeah, me too.  While I didn't always agree with every opinion expressed there, I did rather often look at the icy veins Dungeon Run guide.  That was a guide.  This is, like a cheap roadmap in comparison.

Nobody can help you win this mode. The choices are random, so you're not going to know what you're going to get in order to change your tactics.

• Like 2

This “guide” is as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Why. Because this mission is impossible to beat. It doesn’t matter what you do the computer at some stage will defeat you. The computer cheats like you wouldn’t believe. Oh you have a board, that’s nice here is my 0 kill all and neggate all death rattle cards followed by my 1 mana 10/10 with charge and do 10 damage to your hero card to fill the board with. 

Anyone who who claims they have beaten any computer controlled level in hearthstone is lying to you. IT CANNOT HAPPEN. THE COMPUTER IS CODED TO STOP YOU FROM WINNING

20 hours ago, Guest rubbish said:

This “guide” is as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Why. Because this mission is impossible to beat. It doesn’t matter what you do the computer at some stage will defeat you. The computer cheats like you wouldn’t believe. Oh you have a board, that’s nice here is my 0 kill all and neggate all death rattle cards followed by my 1 mana 10/10 with charge and do 10 damage to your hero card to fill the board with. 

Anyone who who claims they have beaten any computer controlled level in hearthstone is lying to you. IT CANNOT HAPPEN. THE COMPUTER IS CODED TO STOP YOU FROM WINNING

It is possible to win, but it is both difficult and dependent on RNG. It may take some attempts, but you should be able to beat it. If that still doesn't work, come back to the game mode later when you have more experience with the game.

Your Almost right, it is very RNG dependant on your side of the board and decisions. But on the computer side, not so much. Only the computer can decide who wins and who loses, the human can only make bad plays. This is because your good plays are negated by the computer at every stage and every turn so the only influence you have is loosing quicker than expected. But the computer 100% decides if your going to win or lose, and their is nothing you can do about it

12 hours ago, Guest Rubbish said:

Your Almost right, it is very RNG dependant on your side of the board and decisions. But on the computer side, not so much. Only the computer can decide who wins and who loses, the human can only make bad plays. This is because your good plays are negated by the computer at every stage and every turn so the only influence you have is loosing quicker than expected. But the computer 100% decides if your going to win or lose, and their is nothing you can do about it

Sorry, you have no idea about how a computer works.

A computer deciding about winning / loosing is ridicilous. That kind of thinking requieres intelligence. Just the concept of winning / loosing is completly beyond a computer. 

A computer does, what the programming tells him. Yeah, there are AIs that learn up to a specific point, e.g. by playing against themselves. This way they can become better. But not because they think, but because after 100 000 games they "learn" what building / setup results in more wins. (There is a Starcraft 2 AI, which is able to beat even the best Starcraft 2 pro-gamers (partly because of inhuman micromanagement. But the strategy itself is good too and can't be compared to anyhting Blizzard has ever created. There was a link on Battlenet Starcraft 2 about those matches not long ago.)

However, the idea that the computer "decides" who wins is a joke.

Yeah, the AI has some advanteges. It has some incredible cards, insane hero-powers, more HP. Generally spoken, it has a better deck. Because the AI itself is horrible. If it wouldn't have an advantage in very strong decks / hero powers, the AI would never win. 

It's like in every other game. Civilization, Stellaris, whatever. If the AI doesn't get more ressources, faster technology, whatever, it has 0 chance against the player. (If the player know what he is doing.) That's why there are higher difficulties in which the AI gets more and more advanteges. The AI still sucks hard and is incredible bad. But if it techs twice as fast as you, it will become very difficult to beat it nevertheless.

Unlike the games mentioned above a card-game obviously is based on luck. You need some luck to win, sure. 

Even the best poker-player won't be able to beat you with 7-2 hands if you have repeatedly double Aces.

Even the best Hearthstone player will not always win the Witchwood. 

But decent players are able to beat it, because skill matters.

And good players won't need 100 tries or something like that. My guess is they will win maybe 1/3 of their tries.

So what your saying confirms what I’m saying.... I’m saying the computer decides who wins, your saying skill matters but even so skilled players can only win 1/3 of the time. You say the AI is poor but it still wins 2/3 of the times, this doesn’t make sence, the ai still decides who wins and loses as it has the dominant position.  Your statement clearly says that the user requires the ai to make mistakes to win rather than the user making good plays to win or the win ratio would be switched. I’d hate to think what the odds are for an average player if good players can only win 1/3 of the time.

and no, your confusing what a computer game ai with real autonomy. A game can decide who wins and who loses with coding. Take your gambling example, a slot machine is programmed to only allow so many wins per spin, maths and not random. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.