FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jasmeralia

Tier 1 Post Nerf

Even Paladin is going to take a major hit with Call to Arms, and right now both it and Murloc Paladin are the two tier 1 decks (according to HASReplay). Spiteful Druid is t2 and liable to drop further with the Spiteful nerf. Odd Paladin seems to be floating between 1 to 2, but it's unaffected by the nerfs, so might go back up and stabilize?

What are your thoughts on how things will shake out? I've got the dust for Murloc Paladin (notably missing Tarim), but I'm obviously going to wait a bit to see how things shake out. (I didn't craft Genn yet either and now I'm glad I held off.)

I assume that a lot of players will go and play odd paladin after the nerfs hit.

Hell, even the warlocks might switch to pala. .. so we go from a boring warlock and pala meta to a boring pala meta :D

• Like 1

I think Aggro Mage's wr will improve. Even Paladin is a bad matchup for them, and its getting a big hit. Control Mage on the other hand, is losing one of its best matchup (Control Warlock).

Control Priest is very likely to lose its two good matchups (Control Warlock and Even Paladin) I don't know how they will be affected, but its probably not going to be great. Inner Fire Priest seems to be a bit weaker after Control Warlock sees less play though.

Control Warrior on the other hand, wasn't favoured against both decks aforementioned. I think it will improve (can be Tier 2) This can affect Aggro Mage negatively.

Spell Hunter is good against aggro decks normally, but was beaten by warlocks (slower ones). Warlock nerfs (I think Possessed Lackey might not even see play after its nerf) can help Spell Hunter improve its wr.

Spiteful Druid will emerge with a slightly different look, but it is far from dead. Spiteful Summoner is still a strong card, and the 6-mana slot can be filled with different options (Cairne Bloodhoof being the most prominent one) If Murloc Paladin becomes top dog (which is very likely), then Spiteful Priest (stronger against aggro thanks to Duskbreaker) might make a comeback. But this is a questionable prediction.

Odd Rogue will be stronger after Control Warlock and Even Paladin is nerfed. I don't know how they are supposed to deal with Odd Paladin though.

Odd Paladin will be stronger of course, but I don't think the deck is good at all. It is just recklessly aggressive, and if decks like Control Warrior, Spell Hunter and Spiteful Priest are stronger after-nerfs, then Odd Paladin might be in hell. Murloc Paladin on the other hand is my candidate for top Tier 1 in HSReplay.

• Like 2

Tempo Mage and Tempo rogue, Control Priest (some greedy version of), and last but not least, Wallet 40minutespergame Control Warrior will come back, sooner or later.

In wild, Jade Druid will be stronger again, and Giants will not disapper, but they'll adapt to the new Naga. If aggro deck will start rising, I'll think that Control Jade Shaman will be a thing, at least because all the people who crafted Shudderwock for the OTK, would now use him in a deck that is more consistent.

I agree that Murloc pala will be dominant, even though CTA was great in it will still be and they can easily compensate the 1 turn it comes down later by drawing and playing a murloc utilizing its battlecry instead of being summoned.

What I like about the Spiteful Summoner nerf is that it no longer collides with Lady in White :D

• Like 1

The Meta is already pretty versatile and the nerfs will probably increase this even more (as many people already guessed).

I think I give my vote to Murloc Pala to become the most dominant Aggro-Deck in Standard (maybe together with Odd Rouge). Also Even Shaman (yeah, there is a powerful Shaman Deck) will probably make the jump to T1 since its worst matchup (Warlock) is slower now.

I settled on playing Even Shaman myself, so I am looking forward to a bright future :P

I wonder what will happen to Quest Rouge? The 4/4-nerf seems not that big of a hit to kill the deck.

Maybe it's just me but Even Shaman looks so boring, pretty much a zoo style deck but more predictable than others. I know it's performing well so far but idk, every turn is just about "put a minion (or 2 or 3) on the board.

Not sure about quest rogue, it's still awkward, as all the quest, they are just a huge fail overall :D

Edited by Caldyrvan

18 hours ago, Caldyrvan said:

Maybe it's just me but Even Shaman looks so boring, pretty much a zoo style deck but more predictable than others. I know it's performing well so far but idk, every turn is just about "put a minion (or 2 or 3) on the board.

Give the version with Hagatha the Witch a try. She really cranks it up.

yea maybe I'll try this one also I would like to add more spells, not sure maybe it makes the deck worse but at least less boring for me :D

Edited by Caldyrvan