FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Aleco

Cybertech Chip Card Reveal

38521-autodefense-matrix-reveal-the-boom

Cybertech Chip is a new Hunter spell for Mech decks, but will it see play?

We've got another spoiler for you from The Boomsday Project, and this one is a Hunter spell:

Di7e19CXsAAmqrl.png:large

Cybertech Chip is Infest for Mechs, except its 1 Mana cheaper. Infest barely saw any play, and there is no denying that Beast is a more relevant minion type for Hunters than Mech. I doubt that a 1 Mana discount is enough to make Infest for a worse minion type a playable card, as this effect is incredibly slow and does not help aggressive Mech decks deal damage. Cybertech Chip is a pass right now, but a few new Mech-related spoilers might change that.

Do you think Cybertech Chip will see any play when the new expansion is released? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to check out our Boomsday Hub for more spoilers from the upcoming set.

I dunno, assuming hunter gets enough mech support this doesn’t seem bad to me. But I always did have a weakness for Infest hehe.

I think this is significantly better then infest, but, I don't think this will see play.  You need to draw at least 3 cards off this, if not 4 before you would consider it, and even then, only really good against control and hunters have the deathknight for that.  Maybe after he rotates it might find a home in more aggressive hunter decks.  Still think its a stretch.