FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

The Boomsday Project Card Reveals: Eternium Rover & Mechanical Whelp & Fireworks Tech

SKsZddP.jpg

Check out the latest 3 new Boomsday Project card reveals!

Check out our Boomsday Project hub for latest card reveals and news!

Eternium Rover

The Warrior card has been revealed by WalkTone.

636681709278547367.png

(Image courtesy of Hearthpwn)

Mechanical Whelp

This card was revealed by Heige.

636681816926421483.png

(Image courtesy of Hearthpwn)

Fireworks Tech

Leeroy revealed the rare Hunter card.

636681924659219399.png

(Image courtesy of Hearthpwn)

I think Rover will see play. 1/3 stats are good, and it should give at least 2 armor earlier in the game. I'll definitely test in Odd Warrior, and maybe some Midrange Warrior.

6 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

I think Rover will see play. 1/3 stats are good, and it should give at least 2 armor earlier in the game. I'll definitely test in Odd Warrior, and maybe some Midrange Warrior.

It can't really trade up and reminds me of the miniature war bot with enrage.

Best case seems like 1 Mana gain 3 armor, maybe kill a weak Minion if drawn in the early game.. I would like it better as a 3 Mana 2/4 with the same effect, this one seems too weak.

1 hour ago, Istinon said:

It can't really trade up and reminds me of the miniature war bot with enrage.

Best case seems like 1 Mana gain 3 armor, maybe kill a weak Minion if drawn in the early game.. I would like it better as a 3 Mana 2/4 with the same effect, this one seems too weak.

It’s a mech so you can grow it. Pairs together with Lumi quite nicely for instance.

rover is great for pairing with magnetic stuff, if u manage to give it taunt it can be valuable. firework seems good, definitely gonna see play. if this magnetic mech stuff becomes a thing, every deck going to carry as many silences as they can 😄

1 hour ago, blackstar128 said:

if this magnetic mech stuff becomes a thing, every deck going to carry as many silences as they can 😄

Maybe. Silence generally lowers the power level of a deck though with understatted minions, and you can play around it by either not fusing, or making sure you get immediate value when you do fuse.

I have a hard time to imagine a world where Eternium Rover isn't just great in any given Warrior-Deck. Just remember that Dire Mole saw quite some play in aggressive decks mainly because of its stats.

So I guess aggressive (Mech)-Warriors want the Rover as a powerful turn 1 body that can be magnetized later on, while control Warriors could probably play it as an early defense tool against aggressive decks.

Yeah, I go as far as to say: Eternium Rover is one of the most powerful cards revealed so far.

Fireworks Tech, on the other hand, seems okay...the stats are quite bad and it asks not only to have a Mech already on the board but also for it to have Deathrattle to be worth it. Cool card, but it needs to find its shell.

Edited by Taan

Fireworks tech is *insane* if you get her battlecry off, a 3/2 with battlecry do something good is always going to be good at 2 mana.  IF you can construct a deck where that is a reasonable play, then she will see play, if you can't, then she wont.  As for the dragon, don't think it will see play.  Be good as a discovery off of boom.  Just don't see it being placed into a deck without some way to really abuse it.  Even then, there are probably other better death rattles to abuse.  Works great with the fireworks tech though, still probably won't save it.  Eternium rover is insane.  A 1 drop with good stats and a strong effect is just great + magnetize shenanigans abound with this.  A 1 mana 1/3 that gains 2 armor is good, a 1 mana 1/3 that gains 4 armor is broken, realistically it will probably fall somewhere inbetween on average, making it still amazing.  Probably better then armor smith in most control decks.  There are still some decks that would prefer the smith though (patron decks, ones that want to abuse whirlwind effects).