FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Mosh'Ogg Announcer, Mark of the Loa & Snapjaw Shellfighter Reveals: Rastakhan's Rumble

OWT1JPSFSJRG1542828551471.jpg

Three new cards from Rastakhan's Rumble have been revealed: two Neutral minions and a Druid spell.

Mosh'Ogg Announcer and Mark of the Loa were revealed in the third part of the "A New Challenger Approaches" series of blog posts.

OROZVQC2CZOA1542828620838.pngTTY30F92LSG41542828618608.png

Snapjaw Shellfighter was revealed in a video by Alliestrasza.

636788558028198008.png

Image courtesy of Hearthpwn.

You can check the rest of the cards of the set in our Rastakhan's Rumble expansion hub.

Mark of the Loa might be ok with some of the beast synergy druids have, but what I really find interesting is the Snapjaw Shellfisher. 
I'm unsure whether or not it will actually see play,being as defensive as it is, but it can act as a protector for another key minion. 
I think there are better choices for 5 mana though, but it's an interesting card!

2 minutes ago, Clindberg said:

I'm unsure whether or not it will actually see play,being as defensive as it is, but it can act as a protector for another key minion

Despite the card being 5 mana, I wouldn't be surprised if some aggro decks included the card.

5 minutes ago, Rhondis said:

Despite the card being 5 mana, I wouldn't be surprised if some aggro decks included the card.

I was thinking about that, but 3 attack for 5mana just seems too slow for an aggro deck

36 minutes ago, Clindberg said:

I was thinking about that, but 3 attack for 5mana just seems too slow for an aggro deck

The attack does suck, but for an aggro deck it is important to keep your minions alive especially against board clears. 

Does it absorb damage on adjacent minions beyond its own health (like if it took the 15dmg from meteor, would it still soak up the 3dmg on the neighbours)? Guess so.

Still, seems weak. Aggro would much prefer to fungalmancer the minions in the first place. Don’t see anything else wanting it. Though it is quite funny against a board-centric aggro deck next to something like wickerflame/zilliax.

Wait...Snapjaw Shellfighter gets the attention here? I guess it could provide some protection from spells...especially from AoEs. Hmm, now that I think about it. It might work.

BUT Mosh'Ogg Announcer! Maybe I am mistaken, but a 6/5 for 5, that is really hard to kill with minions seems like a great deal for midrange or Zoo-decks.

1 hour ago, Taan said:

BUT Mosh'Ogg Announcer! Maybe I am mistaken, but a 6/5 for 5, that is really hard to kill with minions seems like a great deal for midrange or Zoo-decks.

Absolutly! IMO it is an amazing card. 6/5 for 5 are good stats. And the text says: "50% chance to attack someone else" - that is huge.

It does NOT specify "someone" -> meaning the attack could hit ANYTHING, even the OWN face e.g. (Or did I get this wrong?)

-> It is a huge risk to attack this minion without a spell.

And if the opponent doesn't dare to attack this minion you have a 6 attack minion for 5 mana.

And should he indeed attack it with a 5-attack minion, get unlucky und punch his own face - well, that could easily seal the loss.

I guess it'll be an amazing card for agressive decks like OddRogue.

46 minutes ago, WedgeAntilles said:

It does NOT specify "someone" -> meaning the attack could hit ANYTHING, even the OWN face e.g. (Or did I get this wrong?)

Iam not sure about that. It would be quite broken if "someone else" would include your own stuff. Also your minions (or your hero) can't attack each other normally, so they would not be legal targets. But I don't know...the wording is a bit wonky.

2 hours ago, Taan said:

Iam not sure about that. It would be quite broken if "someone else" would include your own stuff. Also your minions (or your hero) can't attack each other normally, so they would not be legal targets. But I don't know...the wording is a bit wonky.

I totally agree.

But there ARE cards that have a "choose random target" kind of wording that CAN let your own minions attack yourself.

Mayor Noggenfogger e.g. 

And since "someone else" doesn't say that is another random opponent - well, the own minions / face fulfill the definition of "someone else".

I seriously hope my interpretation is wrong and Blizzard is just not accurate enough in the description. 

Should I be correct, the card is broken IMO.