FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Rumble Run

Guest big ol guest

I noticed that the shrine tier list accidentaly mentions Akalis war drum twice (both in good and avarge tier)

Guest Cerberus

I was at over 100 teams defeated without a single win. Found the shrine tiers list as I was in my 2nd-3rd battle with bottled terror. Figured I was screwed. Nope, hello first win ^_^

Needless to say, I'm questioning all of the rankings on that tier list now ?

On 1/4/2019 at 2:22 AM, Guest Cerberus said:

I was at over 100 teams defeated without a single win. Found the shrine tiers list as I was in my 2nd-3rd battle with bottled terror. Figured I was screwed. Nope, hello first win ^_^

Needless to say, I'm questioning all of the rankings on that tier list now ?

This game mode is fairly RNG dependent due to how some matchups are highly polarised and how card buckets work. You could get an awful shrine and still win, and you can get a great shrine and lose anyway. Generally though, you should have an easier time with higher ranked shrines than you would with a lower ranked shrine.

From experience, the shrine tier list holds for me, as I have completed the whole run successfully with each of the tier 1 shrines on my first attemp, with the exceptions of Jan'alai's Progeny, which I had won with on my second attempt, and Bwonsamdi's Tome, which I never got around to picking. For lower ranked shrines, it was up to three failed attempts to finally win with it. Nonetheless, I am glad that you finally achieved a victorious Rumble Run.

Guest Newbie

Again icy veins does a good job saying what is available. But another pointless guide as this is another of hearthstones great pointless adventures. I struggle to see why anyone plays this game as it’s obviously impossible to win unless the computer wants you to. I’ve never in my life found a game as good as this at making sure the human interface has literally 0 input into winning. The cheating by the ai is simply mind boggling. You never have a chance from the moment you press play unless you get the 1 in 100,000,000 game that the computer allows you to win on.

Mh, I won with 3 shrines.

10 tries or something like that.

But all 3 were "strong" shrines that are considered good and strong. I oriented heavily on these guides (which shrines are good? Which buckets / boni...) And with those the runs are definitly winable.

Sure, you need some luck. Some encounters your and/or the opponents card-draw are too unlucky and you have no chance of winning.

And yeah, you need to have some idea what you are doing. You can't afford many missplays.

The rumble run is actually a quite well made "solo-modes". That's one part Blizzard does really nice. I enjoyed every solo-part in the last expansions. They put some thinking and effort into those encounteres. Sure, you need luck, there is no "winning-strategy" that guarantees your victory. But a game like this doesn't require that. RNG is fine, as long as there is a chance for you to actually win. And all solo-modes have that. I won every one of them at least once (which every halfway decent player will have done if he tried it more then once.)
And I am one of the users on this site who critizes Blizzard most. I don't like the games they produce (story, characters, atmosphere) compared to 15 years ago. I don't like how they try to squeeze more and more money out of Hearthstone (I do NOT complain that they try to make money. They shall make money. I used to always buy their games as soon as they were released. Because they deserve to make good money on a good game. But switching the adventures for more expansions (Hearthstone) is just over the line.)
However, Blizzard does several things right. And you spreading stupid lies is just annoying.

But I know, you don't want an answer, you just want to troll. Your claims are obviously false and I have no idea why I am stupid enough to even answer^^

Guest Newbie

Ah yes the age old, if I call you a troll it avoids myself being called a troll. You realise that between the two of us only one has made a direct personal attack on the other... but of course your clearly the one in the right because your allowed to troll others but as long as you believe yourself that’s all that matters.

as soon as you made a personal attack on someone meone you do not know you invalide your own argument. Next time try to be more reasonable and you might have a chance at a convincing argument. Untill you learn to behave like a grown up I’ll just have to assume your opinions cannot be taken seriously. 

You also contradict yourself in your own assessment so again, try to troll better next time. Untill that point I’ll continue to believe the accuracy of the facts as I know it. This adventure cannot be beaten unless the computer decides it wants you too. At that point you win.

15 hours ago, Guest Newbie said:

Ah yes the age old, if I call you a troll it avoids myself being called a troll. You realise that between the two of us only one has made a direct personal attack on the other... but of course your clearly the one in the right because your allowed to troll others but as long as you believe yourself that’s all that matters.

as soon as you made a personal attack on someone meone you do not know you invalide your own argument. Next time try to be more reasonable and you might have a chance at a convincing argument. Untill you learn to behave like a grown up I’ll just have to assume your opinions cannot be taken seriously. 

You also contradict yourself in your own assessment so again, try to troll better next time. Untill that point I’ll continue to believe the accuracy of the facts as I know it. This adventure cannot be beaten unless the computer decides it wants you too. At that point you win.

So many text and such little content :)
And on top of that you ignore every fact about other players being able to win (you can watch on youtube-vids, you do not have to take my statement as face value) but you still claim your "facts" to be true.

Let me guess - politician?

Well, I am out of this "conversation".

Guest Newbie

And yet again the troll begins with a personal attack. I do feel sorry for you that your only outlet is to try to abuse others. Their is only one set of facts how you interpret them is a different matter, and our opinions differ. But of course as the troll, your only response is to make petty personal attacks.

12 hours ago, Guest Newbie said:

And yet again the troll begins with a personal attack. I do feel sorry for you that your only outlet is to try to abuse others. Their is only one set of facts how you interpret them is a different matter, and our opinions differ. But of course as the troll, your only response is to make petty personal attacks.

The problem here is that you present your opinion as a fact, and honestly, your opinion a person winning only when the AI lets them to is pretty far from real reason why people win in Rumble Run. It's incredibly naive to assume that luck is the only, or even main, factor here, and that I assume is the main reason you're being called a troll—because you are stating something that is clearly wrong and then you even double down, which is what trolls usually do.

If you said that Dungeon Run or Monster Hunt was just dumb and way too luck-reliant, I'd wholeheartedly agree, but Rumble Run is actually well designed (aside from replayability) piece of content, and one's skill is still pivotal here.

Besides, you say that their only response was to call you a troll but if you actually read their post, you'll notice that it does not make even a tenth of that post, yet you apparently only read that. You're either delusional, or are a troll.

Guest Newbie

I would absolutely disagree that skill has anything to do with it. Apart from the standard argument that hearthstone is more luck than skill anyway this game mode is filled with luck. You cannot decide which card packs you get offered nor what’s in them, you cannot decide which specials you get, you cannot decide which enemy you get, you cannot decide what order you get your cards and that’s just the stuff on your side of the game. On top of that your against a computer that gets (more often than not) perfect synergy, perfect card draw, overpowered hero powers, more starting crystals and a direct counter to whatever you do. The only way you can beat such decks with your own ‘random’ (slightly synergies) decks is waiting for a missplay from the computer (which can only happen if it’s progreammed to, that’s how computers work).

i would absolutely disagree that victory is more skill than luck given how little chance you have to influence the game

6 hours ago, Guest Newbie said:

Apart from the standard argument that hearthstone is more luck than skill anyway

This is a problematic mindset that won't get you far in the game. Usually the people that do well, do so consistently, like Kat's recent double #1 legend finish—it's way more likely that she managed to stay there thanks to her skill rather than luck.

You cannot decide which card packs you get offered

You can't, but with the choice of three card buckets, you'll more often than not have a strong bucket in the selection. Of course, selecting the right bucket is again a skill-based decision.

you cannot decide which specials you get

Although there are some team mates and passive effects than can nearly win the game on their own, it's definitely possible to win even with weak options if you play smart. As I said before, you are also offered a choice of three, which means you'll usually have a solid option.

you cannot decide which enemy you get

You'll need to be flexible with your card choices to allow you to win against all possible opponents you could face, and you'll need to adapt your playstyle accordingly, which is of course a skill-based action. 

you cannot decide what order you get your cards

What you can do, however, is play well enough to mitigate the negative side of this. If you get unlucky, with enough skill, you'll be able to salvage the game, and vice versa.

On top of that your against a computer that gets (more often than not) perfect synergy, perfect card draw, overpowered hero powers, more starting crystals and a direct counter to whatever you do.

The computer does not have an unfair advatage in this. The computer has cards that you could be offered when playing for that Shrine. If you think that some combos that the computer pulls of are ridiculous, try to get your hands on the shrine later on. 

waiting for a missplay from the computer (which can only happen if it’s progreammed to, that’s how computers work).

It might be programmed to make misplays, but it's more likely that the AI is just dumb, as it has been getting progressively better with time. Rather than the devs removing misplays the AI is allowed and supposed to make, it's more likely that they are making the AI better at the game (but it still sucks hard). Either way, it's up to you to take advantage of the AI's misplays. Identifying them, and knowing how to use them to boost your own position is a skill.

Guest Newbie

But if skill was the most important thing, your top player would be at the top every season and not just some of them so skill is not the key criteria. You see top streamers getting beaten all the time using the “best” decks and that shouldn’t happen if skill is everything.

even if you get a semi decent bucket choice your still not guaranteed any decent cards in that bucket as both the bucket and the cards are random.

their are no win on their own cards. Oh my that is a stupid thing to say. It may be a strong card yes,  but as you can’t decide when you recieve nor if you have anything that works with it, it it cannot turn a game on its own.

flexible in card choices is just daft, you can’t be flexible when you can’t decide the cards you are offered and the. Ore flexibility you have the less synergy your deck has and the weaker it becomes, then you have no chance either. You can’t be both flexible and strong.

i really would love to see you turn a game with a bad draw against an enemy that makes almost no. I stakes and has near perfect synergy. I really would love to see that, let’s see you go up to top level and have a bad draw and still win the game. That’s a very very bold statement to make.

The computer absolutely has an advantage. A synergised deck that always draws what is needed when it needs it and a starting bonus of crystals. How is that not an advantage?

On 2/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, Guest Newbie said:

But if skill was the most important thing, your top player would be at the top every season and not just some of them so skill is not the key criteria. You see top streamers getting beaten all the time using the “best” decks and that shouldn’t happen if skill is everything.

This happens even in games where no RNG is present, most notably chess. In Hearthstone, there is also the factor of time, as you may not have the time to grind for so many games to stay at the top. However, the players that get to the top usually do so consistently, albeit a few positions lower.

their are no win on their own cards. Oh my that is a stupid thing to say. It may be a strong card yes,  but as you can’t decide when you recieve nor if you have anything that works with it, it it cannot turn a game on its own.

That was a hyperbole from my side; although they do not win the games on their own literally, they usually provide you with such value that they can turn a losing game into a winning game, and winning game into a won game.

flexible in card choices is just daft, you can’t be flexible when you can’t decide the cards you are offered and the.

You are granted a lot of card buckets. The chance of not getting what you need over the course of several runs for the deck is simply negligible. 

Ore flexibility you have the less synergy your deck has and the weaker it becomes, then you have no chance either.

Flexibility is a form of synergy. If a card that fills an empty spot in your deck enables you to win games where the synergstic cards are weaker, then it works as a synergy.

You can’t be both flexible and strong.

This is just silly. You can be strong by being flexible.

i really would love to see you turn a game with a bad draw against an enemy that makes almost no. I stakes and has near perfect synergy. I really would love to see that, let’s see you go up to top level and have a bad draw and still win the game. That’s a very very bold statement to make.

I did win games with bad draw, and those that I lost, I know that I made misplays and could have possibly won if I did not make them, even with subpar draw.

• Thanks 1

The computer absolutely has an advantage. A synergised deck that always draws what is needed when it needs it and a starting bonus of crystals. How is that not an advantage?

Obviously there is luck involved. EVERY card-game has this element.
Poker is a great example: Of course you can win hands against a better opponent. By being lucky. But nevertheless, your chances of beating a better player regularly is virtually non existent. If you put 4 good player and 4 new player on one table, the outcome is quite certain. 
Every game you throw a dice has this element. Ever played Axis & Allies or Backgammon?
Sure, you can curse the dice and your bad luck - and loose game after game after game. 
Yes, luck is a part, but skill too.

Which game has absolutly no luck? Where is "skill" the only variable? E-Sport? Or football? No, every now and then a "worse" team can beat the better one. If you beat a premier-league club as a second-devision club in the FA Cup, are you better then the premier-league club? No. Out of 10 games you loose 9. But there is one game you win. 

Hearthstone is the same. Sure you need luck, but if you have no skill you will win very few games against skilled players.

In the rumble-run I finished 3 runs and beat 58 opponents (IIRC). One  Run is 8 encounteres.

That's 24. -> I defeated another 34 opponents. Since you do not loose your first or second game it is a safe bet that I made maybe another 8 attempts I lost. Some at boss 4, some at boss 6, something like that.

Out of approx. 10-12 runs I managed to win 3.

-> As you see the encounter is clearly winable. And not even that difficult. Sure, you won't win every game (would be boring if you would, don't you agree?).
But yeah, you need to know what you are doing. My last run (dragon-warrior) I was lucky regarding my companion. Got twice the one that killed all enemy minions as a battlecry. Very strong. However, I had a few games I had to calculate quite hard if I could afford to play it next turn or not. Because the enemy-board wasn't full. I could play it on turn 8 and clear the enemy board. BUT: The enemy had some cards and would probably refill it very fast. I would kill 4 or 5 minions.
And what would happen if I play some dragons this turn? The dragons weren't great, the opponent would manage to kill them and get a few hits in the face. But I would use my shrine well, reduce the cost of the dragons in my hand - and kill more minions of the enemy on turn 9.

Sure, that's no rocket science. However, the first instinct is to clear the board and have the advantage. However, it would have cost me the game several times. By waiting I took damage, my minions were destroyed. But in the long run I could afford the hits, I killed more (and stronger) enemie minions. This way I got down on HP but had then a much stronger board (because of cheaper dragons) - and the enemy depleted his ressources.

By anticipating 2 rounds in advance the I realized that the "correct" move at turn 8 would in fact be fatal and would kill me.

And the CPU doesn't start with more manacrystals and no, the CPU doesn't decide what it draws. 

He has more HP then you, that's all.

On 2/25/2019 at 4:08 PM, WedgeAntilles said:

He has more HP then you, that's all.

Not really, the computer also has quite insane synergies you mostly lack at the higher encounters. Best example is the "Gain armor - Refresh Mana crystals" Loti deck that can powerdraw and play its entire deck and Gonk you so hard it should be classified as crime against trollkind.

That's the real problem with these PvE encounters, they're supposed to feel epic when you win, but all they feel is frustrating when you lose. Give me the Boomsday puzzles any day of the week, at least they depend on you thinking things through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keep getting to 7 ok, then get slaughtered at the 8th run, the AI - at least for me - seems unbeatable.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:47 PM, Keizoku said:

Give me the Boomsday puzzles any day of the week, at least they depend on you thinking things through.

yep.. got through that - Eventually, a lot by luck rather than skill, lol

Guest Newbie

Sorry, but your assertations that this is easily beatable are just plain lies. The computer cheats so badly it’s unbelievable. You claims that you can get good stuff even out of sub optimal card packs is wrong and worse than that it messes up your synergies making you weaker and weaker. The computer plays insane synergy and always has a counter to you in hand, which indicates a dodgy draw. The computer always steals what you need if that’s it’s thing or clears right when it needs to if that’s it’s style. And if it’s a draw game you draw badly it draws well, and no, you haven’t beat the game with a bad draw, that’s so untrue. Once your behind in this game you are not comming back.  In this game you cannot be strong by being flexible or you will not, absolutely will not, have the ability to beat the bigger decks and stronger computer characters. 

3 more runs in the last days.

Two of them wins. One loss.

Lost with Jan'alai's Mantle

Won with Bottled Terror + Treasure from Below.

That are 5 completed runs now. With less then 15 tries. 

I am not sure how exactly you define "easy". You won't win 90% of your runs, sure.

But if you are able to win approx. 1/3 that may not be "easy" but it isn't "unbeatable" 

If lots of players are able to complete the run repeatedly (and not with tons of unsuccesful tries!) - but you do not manage to finish it a single time - well, maybe the fault is not within the system but with you.

And yes, the AI has more HP and has  good decks. Better decks then you. But the AI plays horrible. That's why he needs some advanteges. Or you would win nearly every encounter. But NO, the AI does not "decide" which card it chooses now.

Treasure from Below "steals" a card each turn it is alive.

The AI was close to fatigue and I stole his second-last card.

I controlled the board since several turn and killed everything he threw on the board. The second-last card I stole was Unbound Punisher. A warrior Teammate which is incredible strong (kills every enemy minion + you get +2 armor for each minion killed)

If he would have gotten that Teammate a few turns earlier he may have turned the game.

I am quite confident, that I would have retaken the board easily, but you can never be sure.

If the AI would have been able to "choose" which card it draws, it would have choosen this (totally imbalanced) teammate.

It did not. It was in the last 2 cards of his deck (which is a probability of less then 10%).

And I stole this card.