FORUMS
Valks

UE Multishot Demon Hunter

On 6/30/2019 at 10:10 PM, Guest VanDamageV2 said:

Did you add the socket to the legendary with the gift but rolled the primal with the socket instead of a stat?

Aye, there's the rub.  I wasn't exactly sure what I did.  I know I had added the Socket with the Gift, but afterwards I thought maybe I messed-up and it was already there and I didn't see it.  D'oh<

Then I changed "something" to what was "Next" on the Build Guide, which was "Reduce Resource..." but I guess it was already there as a "Give" and I didn't see it.

So I changed "Reduce Resource" to "Life Per Hit" (and then to "Area Damage) and I still had "Reduce Resource..."

Obviously I was just Ignorant... and these folks figured that out!

Much Thanx to Yolo, Guest Hello and WedgeAntilles.

Edited by albabe

Guest Better option 4 t16

Garbage, Compared to other builds.

10 hours ago, Guest Better option 4 t16 said:

I disagree. I can very comfortably clear T16 4-man bounties and key farm with no issues at all. As long as you balance your Vaults well and gear properly for speeding, this is an excellent build.

I assume you are talking about T16, given the Guest user you used.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:36 PM, Guest Better option 4 t16 said:

What do you got?  Links?

Just curious.  I assume the 547% "Damage Increased" on the Left is much better, right?  Those kinda stats are Number One?

1656210932_ShortMansGiger-ScreenShot2019-07-15at12_30_30PM.thumb.png.8f9a13d4a4b25c1d9a3c786198ed754b.png

38 minutes ago, albabe said:

Just curious.  I assume the 547% "Damage Increased" on the Left is much better, right?  Those kinda stats are Number One?

1656210932_ShortMansGiger-ScreenShot2019-07-15at12_30_30PM.thumb.png.8f9a13d4a4b25c1d9a3c786198ed754b.png

In this particular case, Yes, because both rings have dual crit rolls, AND the affix have a very powerful effect even in current diablo standards, which also has a big roll range. (Its 7.4% increase in the affix which outweights the 0.9% from raw stats.) But if the gap would be much smaller (for example, 543% on the right ring, it would be better), or your older would be unideal Stat combination, it would be much more beneficial to use the newer one. It is mathematics, but you dont have to do it yourself - there are sites to do this for you, for example D3planner. 

I'm very curious why this build recommends the ring set for a 50% damage bonus when you can use a Stone of Jordan for another 9 max discipline boost which is 350% extra damage per point.

Or, am I not understanding something?

14 hours ago, BaconOverlord said:

I'm very curious why this build recommends the ring set for a 50% damage bonus when you can use a Stone of Jordan for another 9 max discipline boost which is 350% extra damage per point.

Or, am I not understanding something?

The math is (Your discipline with soj*350)/(your discipline with out soj*350). That is the damage multiplier you get from wearing soj. 

The damage multiplier of F&R is 1.5 for each buff, multiplicative with each other, if both buffs are active thats a 2.25 multiplier right there. 

On 7/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, Yolo said:

The math is (Your discipline with soj*350)/(your discipline with out soj*350). That is the damage multiplier you get from wearing soj. 

The damage multiplier of F&R is 1.5 for each buff, multiplicative with each other, if both buffs are active thats a 2.25 multiplier right there. 

So it's not just a straight 350*base damage per discipline?  That's... confusing.

I can't math, lol.

2 hours ago, BaconOverlord said:

So it's not just a straight 350*base damage per discipline?  That's... confusing.

I can't math, lol.

Base damage*(350+350+...(times discipline you have)... +350), which is Base damage*(350*discipline). If it would be multiplicative, it would be Base damage*350^discipline, which would be one ridiculous muliplier. 

Hey Dead!

There's a few mistake in the Proofreading on this Build.  (It also has the last update credited as "Last updated on Jun 23, 2019 a04:32 by Deadsetwhen the Captain's wasn't available 'till 2.6.6 this week.

On the Gear, Gems, and Paragon Points page, the entire paragraph (#7) still says that "You have two belts competing for the waist slot when Greater Rifting: the safer Hunter's Wrath Hunter's Wrath and the glass cannon The Witching Hour The Witching Hour."

And the "Stat Priorities" for the Captain Crimson's Two piece don't seem to be listed.  Only the Hunter's Wrath Hunter's Wrath and The Witching Hour The Witching Hour."...

Um, why is my post "hidden?"

Thanx for fixing that!

Edited by albabe

Guest Rob

Please update the skills page. Convention of elements ring no longer used for this build.

Hey DeadDude... as I said...

On the Gear, Gems, and Paragon Points page, the entire paragraph (#7) still says that "You have two belts competing for the waist slot when Greater Rifting: the safer Hunter's Wrath Hunter's Wrath and the glass cannon The Witching Hour The Witching Hour."

But your Pick above that on the same page for BIS is the Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle.

Can you put in the Stats for the Captain's Gear.  What you have says:

1. Dexterity
  2. Crit Damage (if The Witching Hour The Witching Hour)
  3. Increased Attack Speed (if  The Witching Hour The Witching Hour)
  4. Vitality
  5. All Resistance

Witching Hour is no longer an option.

Guest Question

With the introduction of Captain Crimson's Trimmings into the build, permanent Vengeance can be obtained without any cooldown reduction rolls on gear; it is sufficient to have a Flawless Royal Diamond in the helm with a cubed Dawn and full paragon points in cooldown reduction. Thus it is no longer necessary to roll cooldown reduction on the gloves, quiver, rings, or weapon (, but still beneficial on shoulders for additional damage). What stats should replace these rolls? Area damage? Elite damage? Attack speed? Resource cost reduction?

Guest Robert

Am I missing something here? This doesn't appear to have the full set bonus for unhallowed, unless I'm missing something? This only gets to 5, right?

20 hours ago, Guest Robert said:

Am I missing something here? This doesn't appear to have the full set bonus for unhallowed, unless I'm missing something? This only gets to 5, right?

There is a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the cube, which decreases the Number of set items needed to complete the bonus by one (to a minimum of 2), which is used to obtain both the 6 bonus of UE and the 3 set bonus of Crimson's. 

On 8/31/2019 at 6:10 PM, Guest Question said:

With the introduction of Captain Crimson's Trimmings into the build, permanent Vengeance can be obtained without any cooldown reduction rolls on gear; it is sufficient to have a Flawless Royal Diamond in the helm with a cubed Dawn and full paragon points in cooldown reduction. Thus it is no longer necessary to roll cooldown reduction on the gloves, quiver, rings, or weapon (, but still beneficial on shoulders for additional damage). What stats should replace these rolls? Area damage? Elite damage? Attack speed? Resource cost reduction?

I believe the best option is Area Damage, although some people use Attack Speed. At the moment, I'm still rolling with CDR because it does give a boost but I might change that to Area Damage as well. So far, I haven't seen a thread where the math is explained showing what is best.

2 hours ago, Shaymon said:

I believe the best option is Area Damage, although some people use Attack Speed. At the moment, I'm still rolling with CDR because it does give a boost but I might change that to Area Damage as well. So far, I haven't seen a thread where the math is explained showing what is best.

go with AD.  Stack it on weapon, shoulders and gloves and if possible, chc/chd/AD on both rings too (I think you can roll AD on focus/restraint, but haven't played UE MS for a few seasons so might be wrong).  IAS chews hatred on the UE MS build imho and should be avoided in favour of AD.  

Guest Guest

Given that resource cost reduction now adds to your survivability as well as enabling more Multishot spam, is it worth prioritizing it higher in the desired stats? Get that number high enough and you don't especially need Seethe, which could free up the armor cube slot  for something else

Guest Wirzax

Hey ?

I have looked on a few guides now for multishot dh and every guides says to use Restraint and Focus but wouldn't Stone of Jordan be better because it can give up to 10 more discipline? or am i missing something?

On 12/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, Guest Wirzax said:

Hey ?

I have looked on a few guides now for multishot dh and every guides says to use Restraint and Focus but wouldn't Stone of Jordan be better because it can give up to 10 more discipline? or am i missing something?

nah, focus/restraint are better...I can't remember the maths, but it's been mathematically shown many times both on these forums and D3's official forums...

On 12/16/2019 at 12:59 PM, Guest Guest said:

Given that resource cost reduction now adds to your survivability as well as enabling more Multishot spam, is it worth prioritizing it higher in the desired stats? Get that number high enough and you don't especially need Seethe, which could free up the armor cube slot  for something else

I think it really comes down to balance...you want CDR, but you also want chc/chd too on some slots...

Guest Hello
On 12/16/2019 at 1:59 PM, Guest Guest said:

I agree. Rolling rcr on gloves, shoulders, weapon, and quiver can alleviate resource drain, allowing Seethe to be swapped for Dark Heart and Visage of Gunes for Magefist potentially.