FORUMS
Valks

UE Multishot Demon Hunter

Guest Hythix

Excellent build, thanks. I've funded all other classes with it now. 

For those who are ranting about better builds, I have not played since cash auction was still around. I just came back maybe two weeks ago, and thanks to this guide I am now paragon 1010 and can quite comfortably solo chain-farm t100 grifts. 

I don't have a single primal, I'm still looking to replace two pieces with ancient versions, I don't even have Caldesann's on four pieces, and the rest are a range between 50 and 80. My LG gems are 25, 52, and 68. Sheet DPS is only 1.74m, and sheet toughness is only 184m. 

When I die, I enter what happened and why in a spreadsheet. 97% of my deaths this week alone were due to my not paying attention to surroundings or making a conscious choice to be lazy and play chicken with something when I knew I should have moved instead.

My point here being, I've only played for about two weeks recently since vanilla, I'm a total noob with a sub-optimal setup, and I'm wrecking t100 solo. I'm sure the elitists are gonna come for my head now about how I could and should be running t120's or something, but I'm a casual and t100 is plenty good enough for my needs. 

Thanks again for the solid and easy-to-follow guide

On 1/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, Guest Hythix said:

Excellent build, thanks. I've funded all other classes with it now. 

For those who are ranting about better builds, I have not played since cash auction was still around. I just came back maybe two weeks ago, and thanks to this guide I am now paragon 1010 and can quite comfortably solo chain-farm t100 grifts. 

I don't have a single primal, I'm still looking to replace two pieces with ancient versions, I don't even have Caldesann's on four pieces, and the rest are a range between 50 and 80. My LG gems are 25, 52, and 68. Sheet DPS is only 1.74m, and sheet toughness is only 184m. 

When I die, I enter what happened and why in a spreadsheet. 97% of my deaths this week alone were due to my not paying attention to surroundings or making a conscious choice to be lazy and play chicken with something when I knew I should have moved instead.

My point here being, I've only played for about two weeks recently since vanilla, I'm a total noob with a sub-optimal setup, and I'm wrecking t100 solo. I'm sure the elitists are gonna come for my head now about how I could and should be running t120's or something, but I'm a casual and t100 is plenty good enough for my needs. 

Thanks again for the solid and easy-to-follow guide

Primals are nice, but not really mandatory, unless you're desperate to min/max DPS.  Sheet dmg means nothing btw.  

Are you running the standard UE MS or captain crimson variant?  

impale is stronger, both DPS and toughness.  But, some find it not as much fun to play as UE MS.  The main thing is that you're enjoying the build, and the game.  Well done on GR100!

Guest Conan

So I was checking out the farming version for unhallowed essence build. The nem bracer says to have fire % as a stat. Fire skills are not used for this build, but rather mainly cold skills for this farming variation.

On 3/18/2020 at 11:43 AM, Guest Conan said:

So I was checking out the farming version for unhallowed essence build. The nem bracer says to have fire % as a stat. Fire skills are not used for this build, but rather mainly cold skills for this farming variation.

Depends on how you define farming I guess. I farm with goldskin/goldwrap/nem bracers for gold/DBs/keys.  It's slower than a purpose speed build, but can handle T13 (T16 is a bit too much for it without having to grab ancients, add augments, add lgems etc - I just run my farming build "as is", very few ancients, pre-requisites are that most, if not all items have gold find on them).  I run kymbo's gold too, and physical as my MS rune (can drop arsenal as a passive).  I'm obviously not running trapped, so losing a bit of damage there, but no real issue with T13 as the gold pickup really helps with survivability.  

Guest Kevin J

How does bane of the trapped works in here if none of the skills have control impairment?

On 4/3/2020 at 3:33 PM, Guest Kevin J said:

How does bane of the trapped works in here if none of the skills have control impairment?

The Thrill of the Hunt passive Slows mobs, fulfilling the requirement. 

• Like 1

Guest Jsun947

I’m stuck. I’m following the guide to a T.

All my items are ancient, three are primal, I’ve augmented 7 items with level 96 gems, and I’m paragon 1050.

I can speed run GR 95s in 3-4 minutes like clockwork but 108 kicks my *filtered*. It’s hard as hell to kill anything and I die incredibly easy. It’s such a night and day difference between paragon 102 and 108 that it’s shocking. I know I can augment the rest of my items but am I just stuck because my paragon level is too low?

Most of the videos on YouTube players doing higher level GRs are paragon 2500-3000....

12 hours ago, Guest Jsun947 said:

I’m stuck. I’m following the guide to a T.

All my items are ancient, three are primal, I’ve augmented 7 items with level 96 gems, and I’m paragon 1050.

I can speed run GR 95s in 3-4 minutes like clockwork but 108 kicks my *filtered*. It’s hard as hell to kill anything and I die incredibly easy. It’s such a night and day difference between paragon 102 and 108 that it’s shocking. I know I can augment the rest of my items but am I just stuck because my paragon level is too low?

Most of the videos on YouTube players doing higher level GRs are paragon 2500-3000....

Pretty much yes. The GR system uses exponential scaling, and mob health gets substantially more with each level. If you want to push, you'll need more damage and toughness. This will come from augments and paragon. 

On 4/11/2020 at 2:41 AM, Yolo said:

Pretty much yes. The GR system uses exponential scaling, and mob health gets substantially more with each level. If you want to push, you'll need more damage and toughness. This will come from augments and paragon. 

Sadly, this is the case.  I still think you might be able to get past a 108, do you have a 3dplanner link to your gear?  

This is also why I prefer and recommend shadow impale over UE MS these days - it's just tougher and easier to progress at higher GRs.  I've already done a GR105 (HC btw) a week and a half ago with p700 and a single augment @ 100...  

Are you using the CCR set?  Are you using focus/restraint/hellfire, or endless walk set + elusive?  

Fire or physical rune for MS?

Are you stutter stepping and herding mobs and timing MS outbursts with the CoE cycle?

Guest Jsun947

Thanks. I tried everything but I’m using fire right now

https://www.d3planner.com/117280300

On 4/15/2020 at 2:34 AM, Guest Jsun947 said:

Thanks. I tried everything but I’m using fire right now

https://www.d3planner.com/117280300

restraint ring is sub optimal - you want chc/chd/dex

wraps of clarity - same thing, you want fire/dex/vit/chc

quiver - if you can, get rid of socket and re-roll it to multishot bonus dmg.  You'd ideally want dex/ias/chc/cdr/ms

boots - terrible boots.  just cos it's a primal doesn't mean it's any good.  you want dex/vit/AR/ms dmg.  Yours don't have any ms dmg (impale lol) and AC over AR, which is about 8% less toughness...not good!

pants - not much better.  AC instead of AR.  Again, just cost it's ancient doesn't always make it better.  Try and get ancient with dex/vit/ar and lpk as a secondary...

belt - even worse than your boots.  Try and get dex/vit/AR/%life and lpk as a secondary...

chest - same thing...I'm seeing a theme here...AR is BETTER than AC...every day of the week.  

helm - if you can, roll out vit for ms dmg.  You really want dex/chc/ms dmg...

shoulders - not bad shoulders, I'd really recommend swapping out AD for cdr...you really want as close to full uptime for vengeance as possible...

focus ring is atrocious too...dex/chc/chd...

gloves - not bad.  You can roll off vit for AD if you want a bit more dmg...you'll lose some toughness of course...

squirts - I'm not a fan of this item, even though many people now use it.  Personally, in your instance, I'd swap it for a good ancient hellfire with a passive you can use as a bonus.  fire/chc/chd.  steady aim as a passive on the hellfire ammy would be good (or any of the other 4 that you currently use, and then just swap out the passive on your character accordingly).  

a decent yangs, but only if you can roll off cdr for AD...don't go with IAS with multishot, it'll speed up hatred usage and create issues.

very badly rolled character.  I wouldn't even waste augments on it with the gear you have. 

These are harsh words, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to make you very much aware of getting the right gear, with the right stats, is much more important than getting ancients/primals with the wrong stats...

I did a GR99 with lvl 100 gems, no augments, pre CCR set back in s15 with 6 mins to spare...you should not be stuck on a GR96, especially with the CCR/squirts improvements.  

Some newbie mistakes - overusing vault.  Use it sparingly (unless your running an s6 impale build).  Learn to herd mobs and time CoE.  

Oh and lgem - don't bother with stricken at such a low GR level.  Go with powerful.  A much better option.  

Guest Jsun947
I’m stuck at GR 108... And frankly I could probably do it now but I can’t push much further. I didn’t know AR was that much better than Armor. Thanks for the tip.

At what point does All Resist matter more than a shitty dex roll on a item?

i know my gear isn’t perfect but unless I’m doing something wrong the odds of a better ancient or primal dropping is uh not likely in the short term. This is my second season after starting late in 19 so I’ve been spending shards on other characters to see what’s fun to play. Other than that all my diablo experience was 16 years ago in D2.

New restraint ring is 579 dex, 4.5 CHC, 44% CHD (rolled). Wish it was better CHC but it’s the best one that’s dropped.

My wraps already have fire (rolled), high dex, and max CHC. Just has Life per bit instead of vit.

I’ll reroll the socket on the quiver to multishot damage

My boots have multishot, putting impale was a mistake. That was originally impale that I re-rolled.I had almost perfect ancient UE boots but accidentally salvaged them -_-

My pants has bolas damage or some *filtered* and I re-rolled it to vit.

The belt does suck and eventually I’ll gamble a new one.

I rerolled the max discipline on chest to get it to 12... it was terrible.

I rerolled some crappy stat on the helm to CHC. Should I change that to something else?

Shoulder Area damage was my roll. I’ve got full uptime on vengeance already but that’s because I’ve got Dawn cubed. Are you suggesting cubing COE instead of Dawn or Visage?

I rolled my CHD on gloves up to 45%

I hate my focus ring. I wish I’d get a better one.

I’ll try for a hellfire and see how it goes. I’m don’t like the Squirts I’ve got but it’s another item that gets a billion shitty drops.

My Yang’s had shitty damage so that’s the stat I rolled. It’s gonna be hard to find a better one.

21 hours ago, Guest Jsun947 said:
I’m stuck at GR 108... And frankly I could probably do it now but I can’t push much further. I didn’t know AR was that much better than Armor. Thanks for the tip.

At what point does All Resist matter more than a shitty dex roll on a item?

i know my gear isn’t perfect but unless I’m doing something wrong the odds of a better ancient or primal dropping is uh not likely in the short term. This is my second season after starting late in 19 so I’ve been spending shards on other characters to see what’s fun to play. Other than that all my diablo experience was 16 years ago in D2.

New restraint ring is 579 dex, 4.5 CHC, 44% CHD (rolled). Wish it was better CHC but it’s the best one that’s dropped.

My wraps already have fire (rolled), high dex, and max CHC. Just has Life per bit instead of vit.

I’ll reroll the socket on the quiver to multishot damage

My boots have multishot, putting impale was a mistake. That was originally impale that I re-rolled.I had almost perfect ancient UE boots but accidentally salvaged them -_-

My pants has bolas damage or some *filtered* and I re-rolled it to vit.

The belt does suck and eventually I’ll gamble a new one.

I rerolled the max discipline on chest to get it to 12... it was terrible.

I rerolled some crappy stat on the helm to CHC. Should I change that to something else?

Shoulder Area damage was my roll. I’ve got full uptime on vengeance already but that’s because I’ve got Dawn cubed. Are you suggesting cubing COE instead of Dawn or Visage?

I rolled my CHD on gloves up to 45%

I hate my focus ring. I wish I’d get a better one.

I’ll try for a hellfire and see how it goes. I’m don’t like the Squirts I’ve got but it’s another item that gets a billion shitty drops.

My Yang’s had shitty damage so that’s the stat I rolled. It’s gonna be hard to find a better one.

The re-rolls you've done should help, well done.  Hunt down better belt and focus ring and re-test.  I think you'll find it better.  Squirts will do more DPS than hellfire, but there's the cutting edge sword of you'll also take more dmg.  And, a dead DH doesn't kill every effectively!  You could try the flavour of time ammy instead (doubles pylon times).  

an alternative is to go with the endless walk set + elusive ring rather than focus/restraint/squirts/flavour/hellfire.  endless walk = compass rose ring and traveller's pledge ammy.  elusive ring will add a fair bit of toughness via DR after vaulting.  

Have you tried impale s6?  It's a lotta fun and better (imho) to play than UE MS.  

Stricken doesn't really become useful until around GR120 or so.  I see people using it a lot though.  It's generally useless during the GR, and only useful for the RG until you get to very high GRs.  I much prefer powerful - sure, it does less potential dmg, but you can use it through the entire GR, it does bonus dmg vs the RG too, and you get some DR from it.  

ww rend barb (ww = whirlwind) is very popular and very powerful.  I'm seeing average players do 116 without augments at around p1000...the build is not my cuppa tea though.  

I managed a 116 on my 3rd go last night, but only just, still rank 4.  First attempt was just a no go, full of tusked bogans on a crappy map, so I instaquit, 2nd map I quit with just over a minute to go at 98% as I had procced awareness and wasn't prepared to chance it.  Remember, I'm playing HC.  3rd 116 attempt was neck and neck until the 2nd map where I got better mobs and was able to pull ahead and keep that margin.  A soft boss in perdition was nice.  Again, I keep getting damn arcane packs...getting frost/horde/waller/arcane on HC is *not* fun lol...

I have a crappy tp ammy, so losing around 15% dmg there and I'm holding back on my gloves and elusive ring, so another 15% dmg there probably, so reckon I can definitely get a 117, possibly a 118 with what I have once I get a better tp ammy.  Then it'll be time to take risks and swap out the helm and off hand to maximise dps at the cost of toughness and risk dying, which should get me a 118, probably a 119, since I know the build very well.  I'm still low paragon (under 1k) and the 3 above me are all high level group players north of p2600 already.  That 1600 paragon is a massive advantage that I cannot compete with just on skill alone sadly.  A 119 is my goal this season, once I get that I'll just farm paragon solo on and off until season (will prolly end up playing PoE more to be honest).  I may make a push for a GR120 right near the end of the season, dunno yet...

Guest Jsun947

Thanks for the help.

Got a decent belt, dex/all red/vit/life %, and a new focus ring, dex/CHC/CHD. Only 5% crit but better than before.

After those changes I can complete 108 in about 12 minutes. Probably a lot faster if I was better about skipping certain packs. I’ll see how it goes for a bit. I’m sure the hell not dying like before.

after I feel maxed out on Multishot I’ll try Impale for a bit

On 4/19/2020 at 6:36 AM, Guest Jsun947 said:

Thanks for the help.

Got a decent belt, dex/all red/vit/life %, and a new focus ring, dex/CHC/CHD. Only 5% crit but better than before.

After those changes I can complete 108 in about 12 minutes. Probably a lot faster if I was better about skipping certain packs. I’ll see how it goes for a bit. I’m sure the hell not dying like before.

after I feel maxed out on Multishot I’ll try Impale for a bit

good luck!  

This build is always fun to play with, thank you for it !

A question that is nagging me : is there math to prove that Visage of Gunes is better than Stone Gauntlets ?

With my 34421 base armor I have a 90.77% damage reduction and 85.6% additional elemental resistance whether I use one or the other.

With VoG my additional elemental resistance goes to +92.77% and apparently the 50% doesn't show on the sheet damage reduction ??

With SG my additional elemental resistance goes to +91.75% but with 5 charges I get +96.72% in damage reduction as my armor goes to 103263.

It would seem that my overall damage reduction is better with a fully charged SG but the element resistance additional bonus is 1 point less. Hard to tell which is better or else I am missing some math ?

10 hours ago, excession said:

This build is always fun to play with, thank you for it !

A question that is nagging me : is there math to prove that Visage of Gunes is better than Stone Gauntlets ?

With my 34421 base armor I have a 90.77% damage reduction and 85.6% additional elemental resistance whether I use one or the other.

With VoG my additional elemental resistance goes to +92.77% and apparently the 50% doesn't show on the sheet damage reduction ??

With SG my additional elemental resistance goes to +91.75% but with 5 charges I get +96.72% in damage reduction as my armor goes to 103263.

It would seem that my overall damage reduction is better with a fully charged SG but the element resistance additional bonus is 1 point less. Hard to tell which is better or else I am missing some math ?

sheet doesn't show a lot...I wouldn't rely on it whatsoever.

To me, I'm old fashioned, I prefer gunes.  You must have 100% vengeance uptime if using stone gauntlets and that means CDR on both shoulders and another item - rings or gloves.  That means sacrificing damage.  No thank you.  I've ran gunes and CDR just on shoulders for years without issue - I have 2 seconds or so of vengeance downtime but have dealt with it with zero problems.  

7 hours ago, huntress said:

sheet doesn't show a lot...I wouldn't rely on it whatsoever.

To me, I'm old fashioned, I prefer gunes.  You must have 100% vengeance uptime if using stone gauntlets and that means CDR on both shoulders and another item - rings or gloves.  That means sacrificing damage.  No thank you.  I've ran gunes and CDR just on shoulders for years without issue - I have 2 seconds or so of vengeance downtime but have dealt with it with zero problems.  

you need Vengeance uptime to benefit from both config but it's true that SG penalty is less forgiving than gunes...

FYI I have 100% vengeance  uptime (even a 1-2 seconds advance) with only crimson,  the gem in the helm and 8% on one ring (and parangon of course). 42.02% of CDR overall.

I'll try pushing rifts to the limit and see if one or the other is better to survive (currently completed 115 with 2 minutes to spare).

2 hours ago, excession said:

you need Vengeance uptime to benefit from both config but it's true that SG penalty is less forgiving than gunes...

FYI I have 100% vengeance  uptime (even a 1-2 seconds advance) with only crimson,  the gem in the helm and 8% on one ring (and parangon of course). 42.02% of CDR overall.

I'll try pushing rifts to the limit and see if one or the other is better to survive (currently completed 115 with 2 minutes to spare).

I forgot about the CCR set.  I presume you have AD on your shoulders (dex/vit/AR/AD)?  Personally, I'd switch to Gunes and re-roll the CDR on ring to CHC or CHD (whatever you're missing) for that little bit of extra dmg.  Good positioning of a UE MS character should help mitigate a lot of incoming dmg, thus negating any advantage from stone gauntlets imho.  

A 115 with 2 mins to spare is pretty good, nicely done!  Should be able to clear a 116 easily enough and a 117 with some fishing imho.  

I'm personally no longer a fan of UE MS - too much having to herd mobs at higher GRs and I find it both unenjoyable and annoying as hell.  It's not how the game should be played imho.  I much prefer impale s6 these days (can't stand GOD HA build!).  

s20 was my last season - I'm planning to quit the game effective immediately.  I've just had enough of Blizzard screw ups on consoles...it's beyond a joke.  We don't even get an acknowledgement from Blizzard, let alone an apology or fix.  I simply cannot continue to play a game with such poor post sales support that creates nothing but angst and frustration for me.  

GLHF in s22. 

2 hours ago, huntress said:

I forgot about the CCR set.  I presume you have AD on your shoulders (dex/vit/AR/AD)?  Personally, I'd switch to Gunes and re-roll the CDR on ring to CHC or CHD (whatever you're missing) for that little bit of extra dmg.  Good positioning of a UE MS character should help mitigate a lot of incoming dmg, thus negating any advantage from stone gauntlets imho.  

https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/959480100

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot with Gunes as its buff is permanent vs needing to get hit with SG, which starts getting problematic at high grs... And d3planner gives better numbers with it also...

A 115 with 2 mins to spare is pretty good, nicely done!  Should be able to clear a 116 easily enough and a 117 with some fishing imho.  

I'm personally no longer a fan of UE MS - too much having to herd mobs at higher GRs and I find it both unenjoyable and annoying as hell.  It's not how the game should be played imho.  I much prefer impale s6 these days (can't stand GOD HA build!).  

I was going through all my characters to see if I could fine tune them to be competitive with my tempest rush monk which does gr 122 but so far I am stuck around 115-118 (DH or wizard) or lower with other classes.

I don't find impale as satisfying as clearing a huge mob from afar but what's important is that everyone finds the right style !

s20 was my last season - I'm planning to quit the game effective immediately.  I've just had enough of Blizzard screw ups on consoles...it's beyond a joke.  We don't even get an acknowledgement from Blizzard, let alone an apology or fix.  I simply cannot continue to play a game with such poor post sales support that creates nothing but angst and frustration for me.  

I understand you, I myself did a good 6 months break as I had the feeling of not progressing and getting frustrated by changes (or lack of), and am just planning of playing one more season before moving on.

GLHF in s22. 

thanks, have fun in your next game !

7 hours ago, excession said:

I don't find impale as satisfying as clearing a huge mob from afar but what's important is that everyone finds the right style !

to each their own.  I typically can push to GR119 with p1200 or so with impale s6 - have done so since the s6 impale buff several patches ago.  I hit a 124 with 45 seconds to go (crappy mobs, maps and elites, so could have been better; p1230) in s21, but that takes account the latest impale buff.  You don't want to be clearing mobs or hitting from a distance with impale, that's the wrong play style for the build.  You want to be up close and personal.  

Guest Illeriia

Am I crazy or can the captains crimson silk girdle literally just not roll all resist..?

1 hour ago, Guest Illeriia said:

Am I crazy or can the captains crimson silk girdle literally just not roll all resist..?

If you have an individual resist Secondary Stat (ie. Physical Resist or Fire Resist), then you can't also have All Resist primary stat.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Guest Thunder said:

Question about the Weapons stat prioritys https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/unhallowed-essence-multishot-demon-hunter-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

Shouldn't we aim for CDR or resource cost instead of Attack speed to make use of our set boni with crimson?

You don't want IAS on this build anyway - it will cause you to chew through hatred quicker and run out.  

8% CDR on shoulders is perfectly fine, you don't need CDR anywhere else.  You won't have perma-vengeance, but you'll have downtime of only 2 seconds or so.  Easy to dodge/kite for that period.  If playing hardcore, you could go with dex/AD/AR/CDR on the shoulders for extra AD.  You'll want AD on your yangs (bonus dmg/dex/AD/socket).  I prefer chc/chd on my rings, but you could roll off dex on both rings for AD I guess - note that doing so will mean you lose some toughness (from losing main stat).  

UE MS is one of those builds that benefits greatly from AD/CHC/CHD.  I'm old school and don't really use the CCR set that much.