FORUMS
Zadina

Tavern Brawl: Brawliseum - Miniature Warfare

Zt2mjfU.png

The Brawliseum returns this week with a twist, as the rules of Miniature Warfare also apply!

As you probably remember from previous times, you construct your own Standard deck in the Brawliseum and the reward structure is similar to the Arena one. This means you can achieve up to 12 victories, while you are out if you lose 3 times. One free entry is given to all players and you can purchase another run either with gold or real money.

This time around, the Brawliseum is also combined with Miniature Warfare, meaning that all minions in your deck will be 1/1s and will cost 1 mana. Miniature Warfare generally favours cards with strong Battlecries, especially if they buff other cards or do aoe board damage. You can build a pretty decent Rogue deck along with Spirit of the Shark for all the Battlecry and Combo shenanigans or go for an Elemental Shaman deck. Malygos OTK decks are also extremely favoured, with the blue dragon and his pal Alexstrasza being invaluable in this Tavern Brawl.

A final mystery to be determined is why Thrall is holding a cup featuring Beedrill in the chalkboard art.

If you have any decks that worked for you or you have an answer to the mystery, feel free to drop a comment below!

• Confused 1

I think they need to reword the rules about miniature warfare to include any minion that enters play is turned into a 1 mana 1/1, as I started this with a resurrect priest deck and it wasn't until my first match that I realized my mistake. Not a very intuitive feature when the rules clearly state minions in your deck, and don't mention anywhere else

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Leonmorte said:

I think they need to reword the rules about miniature warfare to include any minion that enters play is turned into a 1 mana 1/1, 

Jep. Tried Baku with a few nice EVEN cards. Bummer. They did not become ODD

That more or less haltet the synergy of that deck. Still got 2 wins.

But in two games I refrained from playing baku as a vanilla 1/1 because I was to embarrassed. 

Baku works If you make a real ODD deck. I expect Genn also works with a real EVEN deck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I ended up switching to Velen combo priest, just had to shuffle around a few cards, got to five wins with that, then refined it further and got 11, which I've never gotten. It's a good Brawl, but the wording sucks.

Too one-sided.

I played another 8 games. 6 vs rogue.

In 3 runs I didn't loose a single game against a non-rogue opponent.

Interesting brawl, but rogue is completly broken.

If you take anything else you have no chance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lemon1
      EVIL Recruiter, Riftcleaver and Desert Obelisk are the latest cards to be revealed from Saviors of Uldum.

German Youtuber Thanh has just posted his card reveal for Saviors of Uldum: EVIL Recruiter! Two other cards were also revealed last night, one on the Japanese website Gamewatch and one on Reddit.

EVIL Recruiter is Thanh's reveal - it's the Lackey synergy card for Warlock that was hinted at back when Weaponized Wasp was released. It's a lot of stats for not a lot of Mana, so it seems like a shoe-in for Zoolock. Check out the full German reveal video below:
      Riftcleaver is another addition to Warlock, revealed by Gamewatch. It's a hard removal option which calls to mind Vilespine Slayer, Omega Devastator and the Death Knight token spell Obliterate. All of those cards were and are extremely strong, so it's in good company. Its power comes at a hefty price though, especially if you're using it to destroy massive Minions like Mountain Giant.
      Desert Obelisk is the last card we have to share with you this morning. It asks you to complete the small puzzle of getting three copies onto the board if you want to make use of it. Achieve this, and it will start eating away at your opponent's board and Health total fairly rapidly. It seems a little steeply costed at 5 Mana, but it's a fun deck-building challenge.
      The honour of revealing Desert Obelisk went to /u/Scarlas, who was the first to solve a treasure trail left by /u/SecretsOfUldum. Here's how he did it:
      (Source)
      Simple, right?
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for more info on the next expansion and every card revealed so far.
    • By Lemon1
      Chinese streamer YiLingShu has revealed a new Rogue card from Saviors of Uldum on the streaming platform Douyu.

Chinese streamer YiLingShu has revealed a new Rogue card from Saviors of Uldum on the streaming platform Douyu: Bazaar Mugger.

It's a fine addition to Rogue's kit of Burgle-themed cards. The "from another class" text is in keeping with the new design philosophy for the mechanic which enables cards like Vendetta to be active in Rogue mirror matches. Older cards such as Blink Fox and Burgle itself tend to say "from your opponent's class". Pilfer, a Classic set card, was changed in Patch 9.14 to reflect the commitment to the new direction.
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for more info on the new expansion and all the cards revealed so far.
    • By Lemon1
      Hunter's latest additions are two massive creepy-crawlies with powerful effects.

Two new Saviors of Uldum cards have been revealed via the PlayHearthstone Instagram story. This time, it's a pair of massive creepy-crawlies for Hunter: Wild Bloodstinger and Scarlet Webweaver.

Wild Bloodstinger is slightly over-statted as a 6 Mana 6/9, but it will have to do battle with a Minion from your opponent's hand before you get to use those stats. This kind of effect has been seen occasionally before in Hearthstone: Dirty Rat was a much-loved (and much-hated) combo disruption card that denied many a Raza the Chained before they rotated to Wild together. Unseen Saboteur is a similar option in the current Standard card pool, but can be wildly inconsistent.
      Scarlet Webweaver is pretty much a Dreampetal Florist for Beasts. You could play King Krush for 4 Mana and do some big damage. You could also play Tundra Rhino for 0 Mana and do some big damage. The possibilities are endless.
      Taken together, these cards suggest Hunter might be playing with some bigger beasts than usual in Saviors of Uldum. This could be a nice change of pace after six months of messing around with Springpaw and various other 1/1s.
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for all the latest info on the new expansion, including every card revealed so far.
    • By Lemon1
      A new Druid Spell has been revealed on Firebat's Youtube channel - and it looks to have a lot of untapped potential.

Firebat has shared his exclusive Saviors of Uldum card reveal on Youtube: Hidden Oasis!

The card has huge synergy with the new Druid quest, Untapped Potential, and makes it look potentially very strong - the card can be played on turn 6 with both of its Choose One effects combined every time if you're willing to be patient.

That's all of today's scheduled card reveals - the next one is slated for Sunday at 6.00 AM BST, although it's always possible that we get some surprise reveals in the interim. See you then!
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for the latest info on the new expansion, including new Quests and every card revealed so far.
    • By Lemon1
      The Legendary Quest card for Paladin in Saviors of Uldum has been revealed by Spanish Youtuber Atlas (alongside an adorable 1-drop that will help you complete it).

The Legendary Quest card for Paladin in Saviors of Uldum has been revealed by Spanish Youtuber Atlas (alongside an adorable 1-drop that will help you complete it).
      It's all about playing minions with Reborn, the new expansion keyword. Reborn Minions come back with 1 Health the first time they die, making them especially tough to get rid of (and great to copy with Emperor Wraps, the Quest reward.)
      Alongside Making Mummies we also got Murmy, a new 1 Mana 1/1 Murloc with Reborn.

Seems like Paladin's identity in Saviors of Uldum is beginning to take shape: it's playing a lot of dudes with 1 Health, whether drawing them with Salhet's Pride, generating them with Sandwasp Queen, or resurrecting them with the Reborn keyword.
      Murmy has actually been teased already during a Reddit developer AMA. Asked if there were any cute cards forthcoming in Saviors of Uldum, designer Alec Dawson said:
      Alec Dawson (/u/HS_Alec)
      There are definitely a few in this expansion, especially if you like mummies! So there you have it. Murmy. Cute. In an undead, fish monster sort of way.
      (Also quite probably a terror in Murloc Shaman.)
      Watch the full reveal video below:
      Check out our Saviors of Uldum hub for more information, including details on the new Reborn mechanic and every new card revealed so far.