FORUMS
Zadina

Tavern Brawl: Brawliseum - Miniature Warfare

Zt2mjfU.png

The Brawliseum returns this week with a twist, as the rules of Miniature Warfare also apply!

As you probably remember from previous times, you construct your own Standard deck in the Brawliseum and the reward structure is similar to the Arena one. This means you can achieve up to 12 victories, while you are out if you lose 3 times. One free entry is given to all players and you can purchase another run either with gold or real money.

This time around, the Brawliseum is also combined with Miniature Warfare, meaning that all minions in your deck will be 1/1s and will cost 1 mana. Miniature Warfare generally favours cards with strong Battlecries, especially if they buff other cards or do aoe board damage. You can build a pretty decent Rogue deck along with Spirit of the Shark for all the Battlecry and Combo shenanigans or go for an Elemental Shaman deck. Malygos OTK decks are also extremely favoured, with the blue dragon and his pal Alexstrasza being invaluable in this Tavern Brawl.

A final mystery to be determined is why Thrall is holding a cup featuring Beedrill in the chalkboard art.

If you have any decks that worked for you or you have an answer to the mystery, feel free to drop a comment below!

• Confused 1

I think they need to reword the rules about miniature warfare to include any minion that enters play is turned into a 1 mana 1/1, as I started this with a resurrect priest deck and it wasn't until my first match that I realized my mistake. Not a very intuitive feature when the rules clearly state minions in your deck, and don't mention anywhere else

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Leonmorte said:

I think they need to reword the rules about miniature warfare to include any minion that enters play is turned into a 1 mana 1/1, 

Jep. Tried Baku with a few nice EVEN cards. Bummer. They did not become ODD

That more or less haltet the synergy of that deck. Still got 2 wins.

But in two games I refrained from playing baku as a vanilla 1/1 because I was to embarrassed. 

Baku works If you make a real ODD deck. I expect Genn also works with a real EVEN deck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I ended up switching to Velen combo priest, just had to shuffle around a few cards, got to five wins with that, then refined it further and got 11, which I've never gotten. It's a good Brawl, but the wording sucks.

Rogues.

Rogues, rogues, rogues.

Out of the last 10 games I played against 8 rogues.

Well, I have to admit I play rogue too.

Whoever gets the totem first wins.

Too one-sided.

I played another 8 games. 6 vs rogue.

In 3 runs I didn't loose a single game against a non-rogue opponent.

Interesting brawl, but rogue is completly broken.

If you take anything else you have no chance.