FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Hench-Clan Hogsteed & Jepetto Joybuzz Reveals: Rise of Shadows

7Ai3oYD.jpg

Two neutral minions, one Common and one Legendary, were revealed earlier today.

Hench-Clan Hogsteed was unveiled by Chinese streamer MengTaiQi:

c4wQImw.png

There's not much to say about this. It looks like a pretty decent 2-drop and with 2 different Keywords and 2 different tribes, it can be flexibly used in many different classes. Solid, without being overpowered.

Jepetto Joybuzz was revealed by Korean Streamer Flurry:

I7cS33t.png

Obviously the two things that come into mind when you see this card are Malygos and Prophet Velen. In Rogue, this could get particularly good with all the bounce cards, Togwaggle Scheme and Pogo-Hopper. Other than that, though, I don't see this card being particularly useful.

Card images are a courtesy of u/czhihong.

Honestly I think Jepetto just costs too much, even if you get him early he has to wait till about 1/3 of your deck is drawn, and you can't combo it with much in the same turn.  

Geppetto is the father of Pinocchio, and this gnome is creating long nose wooden puppet. I like it.

However, this card is either trash or OP.

The boar with the murloc should be a charge minion. It's equivalent to (2) 1/1 deal 2 damage to a minion, but worse if there is taunt. I don't think it would be played.... Except maybe some kind of deathrattle priest, maybe in wild, if the meta is aggro enough.

16 hours ago, Migol said:

Honestly I think Jepetto just costs too much, even if you get him early he has to wait till about 1/3 of your deck is drawn, and you can't combo it with much in the same turn.  

Hmm, I don't think so. Jepetto seems like a really dangerous card in the right deck, enabeling OTK-combos. So making him cost 8 makes possible combos like Malygos and Prophet Velen hard to get consistently (since you might draw them before you are able to play Jepetto). So the design seems reasonable (at least if you don't like OTK-combos). But still...there a so many cards with powerful Deathrattles or Battlecries that you play just for their textbox anyways. So such a huge discount might definitly be worth the 8-mana 6/6.

Edited by Taan

It will probably work in Maly Rogue better than everywhere else.

You can empty your deck fairly easily. Shuffle 2 3 copies of Maly to your deck with Scheme. Then draw two of those with this guy. Play a couple of burn spells, and profit.

Problem is, how does Maly Rogue, or actually Rogue, makes it that far in the game? No heals, no viable form of defense, nothing of that sort.