Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

WoW Classic Section & Class Guides

Recommended Posts

40257-world-of-warcraft-classic-patch-11

We now have a dedicated section on the site for WoW Classic, accessible through the main menu and we've started populating it with guides to be ready for Classic launch on August 27.

The new section contains the latest WoW Classic news and guides and will be handled in the same way as retail. We'll be updating it with more guides as we approach launch.

Today, we're releasing the first two Classic Class guides for Hunters and Warriors. The guides are complex and cover various aspects of the game, including endgame, PvP, addons, and goldmaking.

3AP8QPDFMH191465340163595.png

Q21ASBT2SDXX1465340163697.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the class I was going to try, good stuff. Druid next please

 

Does this mean Classic news will stop coming on the main site?

I'm getting tired of people moaning about that but equally see their point. 

Edited by Bobbis
added lines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bobbis said:

Ah the class I was going to try, good stuff. Druid next please

 

Does this mean Classic news will stop coming on the main site?

I'm getting tired of people moaning about that but equally see their point. 

Not at all. All news will be displayed on the main site, but the Classic category will only contain Classic news and guides.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your warrior pvp tree is wrong. you should never have points in 2h weapon spec. you will never miss that 3% damage. you will however notice an enemy warriors 1800 melee crit that you didn't parry. as a warrior in vanilla battlegrounds your leading the charge and directing the flow of the battle your largest goal should be survival. the enemy premade is undoubtedly going to focus you. early on thereby riding themselves of the MS buff that they have to worry about. you should focus on getting a sword NOT an axe with the highest damage range possible. sword spec spam string is the only way to beat mages and the best way to drop other classes on the battlefield especially coupled with HOJ and if your horde wind fury. blood craze also provides so little benefit that its most of the time better to simply go with IMP battle shout. https://classicdb.ch/?talent#LVhxdhboxuE0zm0x I've linked a proper pvp spec that most vanilla rankers will agree is optimum for warriors.

also your tanking chart for warrior's has some inconsistencies. blizzard has already stated that boss mobs will have a 14% chance to parry a player. you should have two combat tables set up for people to see one for boss mobs the other for dungeons and world play. you state that weapon-skill is the best threat increase in the game but list troll as 1st over orc. berserking's uses will be far and in between were as you will always benefit from weapon skill from your first dungeon orc and human should be listed as the best overall races. also you list improved revenge even in your raid build which most raid mobs are immune to stun in the first place. even with 1 point it will be nice in a dungeon but you should set it up with a separate dungeon build and a raid build. your fury tank build looks alright. i would reinforce on it thought that it is specifically for end game raiding guilds that clear MC in under an hour and it has a separate stat priority over standard tanking in progression guilds. specifically they duel wield tank raid bosses focus on + hit and agility to improve threat. these are guilds that are downing bosses in under 30 seconds.

Edited by Sanatsuo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Undeath said:

I believe your guides will benefit from a class-specific macros section by a large margin.

We have class-specific macros in the guide, check them out at the first part of this page, for example, what did you have in mind?

6 hours ago, Sanatsuo said:

your warrior pvp tree is wrong. you should never have points in 2h weapon spec. you will never miss that 3% damage. you will however notice an enemy warriors 1800 melee crit that you didn't parry. as a warrior in vanilla battlegrounds your leading the charge and directing the flow of the battle your largest goal should be survival. the enemy premade is undoubtedly going to focus you. early on thereby riding themselves of the MS buff that they have to worry about. you should focus on getting a sword NOT an axe with the highest damage range possible. sword spec spam string is the only way to beat mages and the best way to drop other classes on the battlefield especially coupled with HOJ and if your horde wind fury. blood craze also provides so little benefit that its most of the time better to simply go with IMP battle shout. https://classicdb.ch/?talent#LVhxdhboxuE0zm0x I've linked a proper pvp spec that most vanilla rankers will agree is optimum for warriors.

also your tanking chart for warrior's has some inconsistencies. blizzard has already stated that boss mobs will have a 14% chance to parry a player. you should have two combat tables set up for people to see one for boss mobs the other for dungeons and world play. you state that weapon-skill is the best threat increase in the game but list troll as 1st over orc. berserking's uses will be far and in between were as you will always benefit from weapon skill from your first dungeon orc and human should be listed as the best overall races. also you list improved revenge even in your raid build which most raid mobs are immune to stun in the first place. even with 1 point it will be nice in a dungeon but you should set it up with a separate dungeon build and a raid build. your fury tank build looks alright. i would reinforce on it thought that it is specifically for end game raiding guilds that clear MC in under an hour and it has a separate stat priority over standard tanking in progression guilds. specifically they duel wield tank raid bosses focus on + hit and agility to improve threat. these are guilds that are downing bosses in under 30 seconds.

That's a lot of feedback man, thanks! One of the beautiful things of Classic WoW is that, with more but less impactful points you can tailor your builds to your needs. I went with 3% damage over 3% parry for the example build simply because it is applicable to duels with non-melee enemies, while parry only helps against those, admittedly way more than 1% damage could. Skipping Blood Craze is also completely fine as these talents stand within the "pick whatever you prefer" type.

Sword spec is great for the extreme RNG combo potential, but I'd say that your best weapon defines what specialization you take, rather than the other way around. After all who can say no to a Dark Edge of Insanity on Orcish hands, right? 🙂 

The combat table I set up for tanking was purely an example, numbers wise. Its purpose is to illustrate the order in which combat outcomes are processed, rather than the exact numbers behind each possibility, as that varies wildly with enemy level / your weapon skill and defense / enemy's weapon skill and defense, and so on. Troll is listed as "arguably" #1 for main-tanking, which is a very specific scenario where you need to pull out all the stops to get ahead on threat immediately, hence why Berserking is superior. For the vast majority of players, who will also want to PvP and DPS often, Orc is a superior choice, and I will edit the guide to make that clearer, thanks!

Finally, on Improved Revenge and the Fury tanking build, I sought a compromise that will allow you to do both dungeons and raids at a good rate of efficiency without requiring expensive respecs all the time, hence the 1/3 revenge recommendation, and only if you require extra survivability (feel free to flex away from it at any point). The fury tanking build is an end-game thing, but it should be feasible to clear MC with it (and a shield ready on swap at any point, as I recommend) once you are well geared, fully buffed and acquainted with the raid.

Thanks again for your feedback and see you in Classic! 😄  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Seksi said:

We have class-specific macros in the guide, check them out at the first part of this page, for example, what did you have in mind?

Thanks didn't see that first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan
      Some WoW Classic realms are experiencing long queue times these days and Blizzard revealed they've been working on bringing some relief from the queues to these realms in the near future.
      Firemaw (EU), Incendius (US), and Faerlina (US) currently have extremely long queue times rendering many players unable to join raids unless they log into the game 3 or more hours before raid start.

      Incendius queue times posted by redditor Omgzjustin. [Source]

      Faerlina queue times. [Source]
      Blizzard today said they're working on rolling some changes to reduce the queue times, so either they will offer Free Character Moves from select realms or increase server capacity. More details will be available soon.
      Placeholder for tweet 1246211466266435584
    • By Stan
      Onyxia has been recently defeated in WoW Classic by a raid group comprised of Druids only.
      Reddit user fouronnes and his raid with 32 other Druids have downed Onyxia in WoW Classic.

      Twitch Clip

      Logs
      The raid was able to defeat the boss in a little over 10 minutes. Logs can be accessed by clicking on the image below.

      Source)
    • By Stan
      Queue times return to some WoW Classic realms with a high population amid the coronavirus lockdown and character transfers. Firemaw (EU) players report 3-4 hour queue times on a Sunday, urging Blizzard to lock the realm and a similar situation is occurring on Incendius (US).
      Redditor ANTRagnarok came up with a graph while waiting in the queue and it turns out you must log in at 4:45 p.m. if you want to make it to the raid that begins at 7:30 p.m.

      Players are urging Blizzard to lock Firemaw (EU) on the official forums and offer free character transfers, as many do not want to transfer to different realms using the paid character service.
      The situation was apparently worse the day before with queues exceeding 3,000 players which resulted in 5-6 hour queue times. Redditor Aoussar123 reports that people are idling in cities hitting the space bar every once in a while to stay logged in which makes things even worse.

      Incendius (US) is facing a similar situation, but the queues aren't as bad as in Europe. The realm was beyond capacity full even before paid character services, then came transfers from Faerlina, Skeram, and other realms, rendering Indencius beyond unplayable according to Redditors. Players reported 2-3 hour queue times on Incendius during raid time.
      Blizzard has so far not responded to any of the reports and we will keep you updated should they come up with any solutions in the near future.
    • By Stan
      UPDATE: The issue has now been resolved.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The aforementioned fix was completed with restarts at 6:00 a.m. AEDT, and the Battleground Holiday has been operating as expected on Oceanic realms since then. The first Battleground Holiday has been delayed in Oceania due to a bug. Blizzard is currently working on a fix that may require Classic realm restarts.
      Blizzard (Source)
      The first Battleground Holiday should have gotten underway on Oceanic realms at 12:01 a.m. AEDT (about 4.5 hours ago). That has not yet happened, due to a bug.
      We’re working on a fix, and the fix may require realm restarts of Oceanic Realms, which we would undertake very soon if necessary.
      We apologize for the delay.
    • By Stan
      Blizzard today announced they suspended numerous WoW Classic players that were found to be using anti-AFK cheats or bots that automated movement, mainly in Alterac Valley.
      Anything that degrades the gaming experience for other players will result in harsh penalties, according to Blizzard, and they will continue to issue suspensions based on player reports, so if you see someone circumvent AFK rules, make sure to report them!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Yesterday, we issued numerous suspensions to WoW accounts that were found to be violating our Code of Conduct. Affected players were e-mailed with details about the violation and suspension – a great many of which were found to be using anti-AFK cheats or bots that automate movement, especially in Alterac Valley.
      This was the most-recent in a series of similar actions we’ve taken to address unfair gameplay in WoW Classic.
      Please be reminded that using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.
      We’ll continue to monitor reports of and take actions against players who circumvent AFK rules. If you come across a player violating the Code of Conduct policies, please report them.
      Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...