Classic Warrior Goldmaking Guide: The Best Ways to Make Gold
Welcome to our Goldmaking guide for Warrior, where you will learn the best ways to make Gold with a Warrior in WoW Classic.
Gold Making Guide for Warriors
Earning gold is an incredibly important part of Classic WoW and will be very important for many things. There are large purchases that you will want to make, such as getting your epic mount or getting better gear from the auction house. You will also have lots of reoccurring purchases, such as consumables for raiding and PvP. The bottom line is that gold is important, both for quality of life and for getting important items to help your gameplay. One of the most important things to do once you hit Level 60 for the first time, or even before that, is to work to establish a gold making source.
In Classic, there are no passive combat bonuses for choosing specific professions. This means that you are free to choose whatever you would like. Despite this, professions can be incredibly important for lots of things, and it is important to consider the possible benefits before choosing. Some professions are great for making gold, while some are more suited to helping you in actual gameplay.
Especially at the start, materials will be expensive. This is especially true for minerals, herbs, and skins that come from higher level zones and enemies. Mining, Herbalism, Skinning and Fishing are all great choices for gold making, and should be learned early during the leveling phase, so that you never have to return to low level areas to increase your skill. Keep in mind that keeping your Mining and Herbalism skill relevant as you level, will require you to spend more time in an area than what would be ideal for speed leveling. Gathering materials before hitting the level cap will also help you level crafting professions that use those materials.
Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, and Alchemy can all be quite profitable, as long as you level them early and search for rare recipes. Tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Leatherworking can craft good gear, some of it best in slot. Meanwhile, Enchanting and Alchemy can make consumables, which are especially relevant when raiding and in PvP. Due to the short duration nature of Alchemy's potions, this is an especially relevant profession for gold making. Engineering can also make some interesting gear and relevant consumables, but those are generally only usable by engineers, which limits its usefulness in gold making.
Certain vendors, such as Ghok'kah, sell very valuable recipes, or even raw materials, on a limited stock, which slowly replenishes over time. Being aware of this and reselling the recipe and materials to other players can generate high profits, although it is difficult to buy these items consistently.
Gold Making as a Tank Warrior
Warrior Tanks are not good world farmers in WoW Classic: their outgoing damage is very low, and fighting many enemies at once makes Shield Block, a Warrior's best defensive tool, essentially useless. Where they can shine, however, is inside dungeons and similar zones where enemies hit very hard, and a Warrior tank is all but necessary. As tanks can be very hard to find, you can try and sell your services in trade chat, either by asking people looking for a tank if they would pay you to tank for them, or by straight up announcing that you are available to tank, stating a price. As an example, good tanks are often found doing Stratholme (main-entrance), with the guaranteed Righteous Orb reserved as their reward.
Gold Making as a DPS Warrior
DPS Warriors can dish out extreme amounts of damage, both single-target and area of effect. However, their sustainability and capacity to continually pull is weak, as their self-healing is very weak, and they do not have strong pets like Hunters and Warlocks to take damage for them. Thus, we would strongly recommend that you find at least one other person, preferably a healer as they also have solo farming issues and synergize well with Warriors, to group farm with.
While describing every single possible farm spot in the game is out of the scope of this guide, you will generally be searching for spots with many enemies, ensuring that you can pull continuously without needing to wait for respawns. Also, these enemies should be able to drop valuable items for your time investment in killing them.
Eastern Plaguelands Farm Spots
Eastern Plaguelands is one of the best places to farm, and we will go into more detail on some of its best farming spots below, as an example:
Plaguebats are scattered around most of the zone (yellow areas), and are easy to kill for Warriors, since their main ability is a fear effect we can immune with Berserker Rage, and often drop valuable grey items, which leads to steady gold creation.
Tyr's Hand is a Scarlet Crusade fortified area, where a lot of elite enemies are present (red area). It can be a very profitable farming spot, as the enemies at Tyr's Hand drop a lot of currency, Runecloth, Major Healing Potion, high level greens and other profitable items.
Other Farm Spots
Besides Eastern Plaguelands, you can also farm:
- Elementals in Arathi Highlands for Elemental Fire, Elemental Earth, and Elemental Water, which are used to make Fire, Nature, and Frost Protection potions.
- Winterfall Furbolgs for Winterfall Firewater, Runecloth, and Major Healing Potion, as well as materials for Juju Power.
- Satyrs in Azshara and Felwood for Felcloth, Runecloth, and Major Healing Potion. Since Warriors do not need the bind on pickup Demonic Runes, this type of farming is typically left to Mana users but can still be profitable if Felcloth prices are high.
- Notably, Scarlet Spellbinders (found around this area) can drop Formula: Enchant Weapon - Crusader, which is the best weapon enchant for us and most other melee classes. You can sell this formula to enchanters for a huge sum of gold, or if you are one, learn it and sell the enchant to other players.
These are all valuable materials you can sell to other players, but beware of other people attempting to do the same, as the quantity of enemies available can become rather limited when there are more than a handful of farmers in the same spot.
- 20 Jul. 2019: Updated the location of the Crusader weapon enchant recipe based on feedback.
- 12 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed
- Are Paid Character Transfers Coming Soon?
- Honor Calculation Bug Clarifications: December 1st
- Blizzard Black Friday Sales 2019
- Diablo 2 Upscaled Intro Cutscene + Creation of Sanctuary Animated Fan Cinematic
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug
- Former Blizzard Employee on HGC's Cancellation and Heroes of the Storm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Weapon swing Timers
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Pet Talent redo
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion