Classic Guide to Hunters' Best Addons and Macros
Welcome to our Addons & Macros guide for Hunters where you will find out what the best addons and macros are for your Hunter in WoW Classic.
While it is possible to play perfectly with the default UI, there are many critical things missing that will make your life more difficult. This is where addons can be extremely useful. There are a vast number of addons, including more comprehensive UI packages, but below we have listed some of the basic addons that are highly recommended as a Hunter.
Questie (Quest Helper)
Quest helper addons like Questie are a must have and will make your leveling experience much smoother. Over the years, Blizzard has reworked WoW's questing interface to make it more user friendly and to present more information. In Classic, that was not the case. Quests were not readily displayed on the map, enemies did not have text to indicate you should kill them for a quest you had, and items did not have the glowing lines or sparkles around them to let you know that you should interact with them for a quest.
Knowing your attack timer for both ranged and melee is critical for Hunter. If you want to be able to properly kite, weave melees, and do your best rotation, you need to be able to track your basic attacks, and the above two addons will help you do that.
Weak Auras is a very popular addon in modern WoW that allows you to create and customizes trackers for different auras such as your damage cooldowns. This addon gives you lots of customization and will let you track whatever you want, however you want.
Recount (Damage Meter)
Being able to track and compare your damage with other people's is a valuable tool and does not exist in the default UI. Recount lets you do so quite easily.
If you plan to raid, having a Boss Mod addon, such as Deadly Boss Mods is a must. It will help you track important raid abilities and give you important messages from fight to fight. Most importantly, it will give you warnings and notifications if you are targeted by something or if an important mechanic is happening.
Auto Shot Macro
- #showtooltip Auto Shot
- /cast !Auto Shot
This is a simple macro that makes it so you cannot cancel your Auto Shot if you spam the button. Pressing this will always start an Auto Shot.
Hunter's Mark Macro
- #showtooltip Hunter's Mark
- /cast Hunter's Mark
A simple but useful macro that commands your pet to attack a target while also casting Hunter's Mark on it. This is very useful for opening on new targets while soloing when you want your pet to tank.
Freezing Trap Macro
- #showtooltip Freezing Trap
- /cast Feign Death
- /cast Freezing Trap
This will cast Feign Death and Freezing Trap, allowing you to instantly drop combat and place a freezing trap at the same time. This will also place your pet on passive, ensuring it does not break the trap.
Scatter Shot Macro
- #showtooltip Scatter Shot
- /cast Scatter Shot
Places your pet on passive when you cast Scatter Shot so your pet does not attack the target and break the disorientation effect.
- 12 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Keyring Coming in Patch After Phase 2, Clarification on Phases
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: November 12th
- World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tues/Wed 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Classic WoW "Realm Layering"
- [A][US][Bloodsail Buccaneers]Acies | WoW Classic | T/Th | 8:30 PM-11:30 PM ET |LFM
- Classic expectations