WoW Classic Warrior Leveling Guide 1-60
Welcome to our Classic leveling guide for Warriors. Here, you will learn how to efficiently level your Warrior all the way to Level 60.
If you were looking for TBC Classic advice, please refer to our TBC Classic Warrior leveling guide.
This guide will aim to provide you with a clear skill and gear path to max level in WoW Classic. While detailing every single quest and the optimal leveling routes is beyond its scope, you can find detailed talent builds for all tastes, their rotations and which skills to buy, as well as guides for class quests and weapons below.
Talents and Specializations for Leveling Warriors in WoW Classic
Warriors have three talent trees: Arms, Fury, and Protection.
Arms is the generally recommended leveling build, due to its consistency and flexibility when dealing with World PvP, as well as the raw power of Sweeping Strikes during leveling.
Fury is also viable to level with, as long as you can stomach the random nature of Enrage and Flurry.
Finally, Protection is much slower than the other two specs, due to its lower damage output, but if you are going to be leveling in a group and dungeons, there could be a case made for it.
Quickest Strategy and Talents for Leveling Warriors in WoW Classic
If you want to optimize your leveling speed, it is recommended that you use the Fury leveling build first for Cruelty and then Arms for Improved Overpower. Respec to the full Arms build at Level 30 for Sweeping Strikes and follow its recommended talent picks until you are 60.
Dungeon Leveling as a Warrior - Melee Cleave
Leveling with a premade group in dungeons is a popular way to level in WoW Classic, and theorycraft has been done on maximizing dungeon DPS as a Warrior by always using Sunder Armor and Rend, as well as Thunder Clap against 3+ enemies. Use these talents to level as quickly as possible until level 35 and swap to these talents from there on for maximum efficiency.
It should be noted that most dungeons in WoW Classic can be done with more than 5 people. While this will ruin your experience gain, it is an option if you are struggling to get through.
While leveling this way will not be for everyone, as it requires a group of people of certain classes for maximum efficiency, feel free to give it a try with your friends, in which case we recommend Hakurai's video guide for dungeon leveling in a melee cleave group.
Leveling 1-60 as a Warrior
In order to get to 60 as a Warrior you will also want to know about macros and addons, as well as which professions / gear / stats to pursue and how to complete your class quests. In the following sections we will be discussing each of these at length.
Warrior Macros and Addons
By setting yourself up with an upgraded user interface and macros from the get go, you will make your leveling process much easier. Check out our Warrior Macros and Addons guide in the link below for the full list.
Learning professions early on is very useful, as you can naturally level them as you go, avoiding extra work at max level. This is especially true for gathering professions, but crafting professions compensate your efforts by giving you extra tools to level with.
We recommend that you learn First Aid as soon as possible for easy self-healing. Skinning, Herbalism, and Mining are great primary professions for a leveling Warrior, allowing you to make extra gold, or accumulate materials that you can use to level crafting professions later. There is also a case to be made for leveling Engineering early on, since its crafts can allow you to immediately solo quests that would otherwise have to wait for later levels, such as Whirlwind Axe's.
While leveling, the number one thing is to use weapons with high damage. High damage per second on a weapon is also good, especially for Fury and Protection, but keep in mind that some of our best abilities (such as Whirlwind and Mortal Strike) scale off of the weapon damage itself, making slower weapons generally stronger. Finally, slower weapons allow you to kite with Hamstring more efficiently.
The rest of your gear should have Strength/Agility on it, as these stats increase your damage the most. You should also aim to have high Stamina/Armor, so that you can kill more enemies before having to rest.
Early on, for Warriors, Spirit has a huge impact on regeneration speeds and should be obtained whenever possible. However, by the time you reach Level 30, your maximum health will scale past your regeneration abilities, which means you should look to buy food, craft bandages, and use potions instead to keep yourself healthy.
Best Weapons for Leveling Warriors in WoW Classic
While all gear is relevant while leveling, the weapon makes the Warrior, as explained above. Thus, knowing which weapons are the best and how to acquire them is an important part in the path to success. Read our full guide on weapons below.
Key Warrior Quests in WoW Classic
Every class in WoW Classic has important class-specific quests that allow them to gear up and learn new active abilities, which are often critical to the class. For Warriors, these are the quests that grant you the Defensive Stance and Taunt abilities at level 10, the Berserker Stance and Intercept quest at level 30, and Whirlwind Axe, also at level 30. We will detail every single step of the way for you in our full guide for quests below.
Progressing your warrior at Level 60
Once you sweat your way to 60, our general specialization guides are there to pick you up and teach you all you need to know in order to make the most out of your /played time.
- Check out the Tanking Warrior Guide if you intend to tank for your group at 60, which is a great idea, as Warriors are the best tanks in WoW Classic!
- If you are, instead, looking to deal maximum damage with your Warrior, read our DPS Warrior and prepare to grind hard for all of your gear, which will in turn make you the #1 damage dealer in your group.
Finally, for PvP focused players, our PvP Warrior Guide is what you need to give you an edge, and the epic mount grind will become easier once you learn some of the tricks we discuss in the Goldmaking Guide for Warriors.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Added a Macros and Addons section.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Added a quick link section to level 60 relevant content.
- 19 Sep. 2019: Changed the layout of the guide, now each specialization has its own page and made a separate weapon guide.
- 14 Sep. 2019: Altered the Protection Warrior leveling rotation based on Demoralizing Shout's nerf.
- 12 Sep. 2019: Removed the video link to a Warrior soloing Cyclonian with Engineering pets as it has been made private.
- 04 Sep. 2019: Improved guide layout by moving weapons to the bottom, as a general section, also added Vanquisher's Sword and Sword of Omens to the weapon list.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Adjusted the dungeon leveling section to reflect that it is no longer a beta theorycraft but a tested and true live strategy.
- 30 Aug. 2019: Added the order in which you should take Fury and Protection talents, and added explanations on why those talents are the best.
- 29 Aug. 2019: Changed Arms recommended build, added the order in which you should take Arms talents, and added explanations on why those talents are the best. Added information on dungeon leveling with more than 5 people per dungeon.
- 27 Aug. 2019: Corrected a typo with Charge and Rend's unlock levels.
- 26 Aug. 2019: Added the best dungeon leveling talent spec in the dungeon leveling section.
- 26 Aug. 2019: Added Corpsemaker and Ravager as weapons to look for while dungeon leveling, and made it clearer that going for Whirlwind Axe is not usually desirable when speed leveling.
- 19 Aug. 2019: Added a melee cleave dungeon leveling section and notes on Thunder Clap, which plays an important role in such a group.
- 03 Aug. 2019: Added useful questing guides to follow.
- 28 Jul. 2019: Added information on Sunder Armor usage while leveling as a DPS spec.
- 16 Jul. 2019: Fixed a minor typo with Pummel and the leveling slider.
- 12 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Melee Hunter Guide - Hunter Melee Physical DPS
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC