FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lemon1

Tavern Brawl - The Burndown

jdnDETT.jpg

The second Tavern Brawl of the FIRE FEST-E.V.I.L. is an experiment in natural selection.

The second Tavern Brawl of the FIRE FEST-E.V.I.L., kicking off today, is an experiment in natural selection.

You'll start your first game in the Burndown with an automatically-generated deck. Win, and you'll get to keep playing your original deck; lose, and you'll be given a copy of the deck that beat you.

The upshot is that by this time next week, only the very strongest decks should remain standing. It will be interesting to see what they are!

Joe "joemag" Magdalena, a game designer on Hearthstone who heads up Tavern Brawls, shared some insight into how the decks are generated on Twitter: they're mostly random, but follow some rules to ensure you'll have some synergies going on. The names of the decks should be related to what's inside, but they won't always be a perfect reflection.

As with the Blackrock Crash, this week's Brawl awards a Saviors of Uldum pack for your first win, which can be opened on August 6th when the expansion releases.

(I took a loss in my first match, but I'm fairly sure the Token Paladin I inherited, complete with two copies of Sunkeeper Tarim, is in it for the long haul. Watch out for "Small Army 98" as the Brawl progresses!)