FORUMS
Damien

PoJ Tempest Rush Monk

Guest -cHiLLI-

The Crimson set is "Whalers" not "Waders" please correct Typo.

thanks

-Update... just noticed these are the lvl30's and 70s are Waders...

Sorry ? thanks

Guest Warden

In reference to trading dexterity for area damage on the gloves, what is considered high paragons? I'm at 987.

Guest GratzDude
7 hours ago, Guest Utter1jc said:

Why the azurewrath instead of vengeful wind?

As I understand SW is a set tick rate of 2 per second, but the damage it does is affected by attack speed (essentially doing 2x your sheet dps every second). By using Azurewrath, you get the 15-20% cold damage as well as the 20-25% chance to freeze which would trigger your Caesars Momento bracers translating into more TR damage. 

Guest Anton

What would be the ideal balance among cdr,rcr and area damage? This for the poj build as described in icy veins.

Thank You in advance.

Guest ShierTerror

I'm using Sunwoku's pants and ammy instead of Capt. Crimson's.  That freed up the belt slot for Kyoshiro's Soul which keeps SW constantly active.  I haven't gone higher than GR 85 so far but it seems to be working.  The two piece Sunwoku gives 50%DR while SW is active which is about what I'm getting with Crimson's and I don't have to worry about recasting.  I'm also not losing any Spirit so I don't need resource management.  Will this be viable in higher rifts?

Guest Garion

just tried the build and noticed that Won Khim Lau does not seem to trigger Cyclon Strike ... ?!  Can anybody confirm it ? btw. when and how often should Cyclon Strike be triggered by this weapon when using Tempest Rush ?

Guest Cycy
On 11/29/2019 at 10:06 AM, Guest Garion said:

just tried the build and noticed that Won Khim Lau does not seem to trigger Cyclon Strike ... ?!  Can anybody confirm it ? btw. when and how often should Cyclon Strike be triggered by this weapon when using Tempest Rush ?

I noticed it too, it only seems to work when cyclone strike is an active ability. 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:06 PM, Guest Garion said:

On 12/1/2019 at 7:58 AM, Guest Cycy said:

I noticed it too, it only seems to work when cyclone strike is an active ability. 

Won Khim Lau DOES trigger cyclone strike whether you have it equipped or not. I can confirm it.

Also the build is really strong, i've just cleared GR98 in 7 minutes (i was being sloppy and not very focused!)

I only change to vengeful wind when doing speed T16 nephalem rifts, as it makes it an insanely fast build. Thanks for the build

Just thought I would add a small Speedfarmin note. As others have said the Vengeful winds part.

I do speedfarming by
Replace Azurewrath -> Vengeful Winds
Replace Mantle of Channeling  (Cube) -> Nemesis Bracers (Cube)
Replace Mantra of Salvation or Serenity -> Dashing Strike (Quicksilver) (depending on Survivability)

if you feel that you can survive you can also exchange either Harmony or The guardian's Path for FleetFooted

On 12/1/2019 at 7:58 AM, Guest Cycy said:

It will trigger, however, it only triggers for the Tempest rush hits, and the Sweaping wind does a lot of the hits and this will not trigger it.
It triggers very seldom with if you use Vengeful winds instead of Azurewrath, since the winds will kill most enemies without the tempest rush not really hitting enemies.

Guest Wildo

What are your thoughts on using a sledge fist over the azurewrath?

30-50% stun for the bracers effect vs 20-25% freeze and the 20% cold damage boost.

Guest Kai

Hi

i follow your build while having question in my head.

why you choose to have damage% on weapons instead of cool down %?

since the crimson set increases damage% according to the cool down %
if so, you would have both benefit damage % plus cool down%

i might be missing something or misunderstanding something 

Thank you

On 1/7/2020 at 8:05 AM, Guest Kai said:

Hi

i follow your build while having question in my head.

why you choose to have damage% on weapons instead of cool down %?

since the crimson set increases damage% according to the cool down %
if so, you would have both benefit damage % plus cool down%

i might be missing something or misunderstanding something 

Thank you

Damage% on weapons is a separate muliplier in the equation that determines the damage of your skills. 

Your cooldown reduction numbers get evaluated multiplicatively to get your total cooldown reduction, which will be lower than adding them together. (for example, if you have 2 x 8%rolls, 10% paragon and 10% on weapon, it will be only 31,44% reduction, not 36%)

Edited by Yolo
Typos

Guest Kai
45 minutes ago, Yolo said:

Damage% on weapons is a separate muliplier in the equation that determines the damage of your skills. 

Your cooldown reduction numbers get evaluated multiplicatively to get your total cooldown reduction, which will be lower than adding them together. (for example, if you have 2 x 8%rolls, 10% paragon and 10% on weapon

It sounds so complicated lol

but, I’ll just trust you. So far, it’s been great!!!! I enjoy playing D3 once again. Thank to you

cheer

kai

Guest ElfRiderX

Hey.

This guide says that Flavor of time  has quaranteed socket which isnt correct. Movement speed and cooldown reduction is  or am i understood something wrong?

Guest Neritias

@ElfRider as i know u are right.

@Damien Why to use Seize of Initiative in passive ? Any other passive would be better On tempest rush monk Attackspeed makes no sense right ? 

8 hours ago, Guest KaTaLySt said:

Why does this build not use the 6 piece set?

The build uses the Ring of Royal Grandeur in the cube to give the 6 set bonus for the PoJ set and give the 3 set bonus for the Captain Crimson set at the same time.

Guest KaTaLySt
5 hours ago, Orthios said:

The build uses the Ring of Royal Grandeur in the cube to give the 6 set bonus for the PoJ set and give the 3 set bonus for the Captain Crimson set at the same time.

Wow I can't read lol, says that right at the beginning of the gear page, thank you for explaining for me though

Guest Kasiella
On 3/24/2020 at 3:15 AM, Guest Kelamor said:

Why is "Pig Sticker" used instead of "Vengeful Wind"?

I was just about to ask the same thing. Reading from the comments above it used to be Azurewraith (azurewrath?) and with that it had its own reasons for existing. so why make the change to pig sticker? It makes no sense. I'd just say go with vengeful wind ( if its even still available ive been farming it for a week now and absolutely 0 luck )