FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Great Vault

Guest Mojak

Are you sure the Mythic+ description of the great vault choosing your lowest completed mythic+ as your reward is in fact correct?  Searching around and found on wowhead they are stating the opposite as it chooses the highest m+ you completed.  I cant see Blizzard punishing people for helping out with lower keys.

22 hours ago, Guest Mojak said:

Are you sure the Mythic+ description of the great vault choosing your lowest completed mythic+ as your reward is in fact correct?  Searching around and found on wowhead they are stating the opposite as it chooses the highest m+ you completed.  I cant see Blizzard punishing people for helping out with lower keys.

Hey so I checked the game strings and with our writers and they confirmed Slot 2 is based on your 4th highest key that week and Slot 3 on your 10th highest.

Guest Gedren

Yeah, if i completed 10 Mythic+ and 9 of 10 of them were +12s, but the 10th was a Mythic 2. I would be F-ing pissed if i got an ilvl mythic 2 piece. I seriously hope that is not the case. the way it is posted here seems to be read that way.

4 hours ago, Guest Gedren said:

Yeah, if i completed 10 Mythic+ and 9 of 10 of them were +12s, but the 10th was a Mythic 2. I would be F-ing pissed if i got an ilvl mythic 2 piece. I seriously hope that is not the case. the way it is posted here seems to be read that way.

For the "10 mythic+ dungeons completed" that is the case, though. You need to have 10 +12s in order to get a +12 piece in the final Mythic+ vault row.

So in your example you'd get a +12 item, another +12 item and a +2 item.

Guest Gedren

Thanks Seksi for the reply, but if you look at Stan's reply, he seems to stating the opposite of what your saying. which one is correct?

20 hours ago, Guest Gedren said:

Thanks Seksi for the reply, but if you look at Stan's reply, he seems to stating the opposite of what your saying. which one is correct?

He's saying the same, just with different words. Take note of the use of Slot in his reply above:

On 9/24/2020 at 12:39 PM, Stan said:

Hey so I checked the game strings and with our writers and they confirmed Slot 2 is based on your 4th highest key that week and Slot 3 on your 10th highest.

So your first item choice is based on highest M+ key completed in the week, second item choice is based on 4th highest and third and final item choice is based on the 10th highest M+ key completed.

In practice, depending on your time availability you will want to complete 1, 4 or 10 very high M+ keys for the rewards. But in the end you can only pick one, so there are diminishing returns for doing all of these dungeons, as you will still get a maximum item level piece whether you complete 1 or 10, with the difference being that you can choose between 3 maximum item level pieces instead of having to stick with whatever you got in the Vault.

Sorry for the slight necro, but is there any known effect of Loot Specialization on the contents of the Great Vault? If so, is the effect at the point when you open the vault, or depending upon your loot spec when you do the qualifying content?

On 10/30/2020 at 1:35 AM, SkArcher said:

Sorry for the slight necro, but is there any known effect of Loot Specialization on the contents of the Great Vault? If so, is the effect at the point when you open the vault, or depending upon your loot spec when you do the qualifying content?

The loot in the chest respects your loot spec.

• Like 1

Guest total choices

pls update column from "total items" to "total choices"...  the greatest confusion is understanding choices for a SINGLE item

19 hours ago, Guest total choices said:

pls update column from "total items" to "total choices"...  the greatest confusion is understanding choices for a SINGLE item

done

Guest William

If that m+ description is true I might just quit.. at least m+, which is why I play wow. Thats so absurdly idiotic.

Guest Bringer
On 11/27/2020 at 10:19 PM, Guest William said:

If that m+ description is true I might just quit.. at least m+, which is why I play wow. Thats so absurdly idiotic.

Why? The new system is strictly better than the old system. For instance, let's say you do 10 Mythics in a week: 1 +12, 8 +10, 1 +2

Old system chest: One item with ilvl for +12 (no choices)

New system chest: Choice of: One item with ilvl for +12, one item with ilvl for +10, one item with ilvl for +2

Seems pretty good.

Guest Lecos

The way this guide is worded, in regards to M+ loot, it sounds like you will only get loot from the lowest level M+ you complete every week. Wowhead's guide says you will get up to three options, depending on how many M+ you complete, spanning between the highest ilevel for the highest key and lowest ilevel for the lowest key.

I have no idea which guide is more accurate but please fact check this information and update the guide accordingly, because only receiving the lowest level M+ loot sounds abysmal and disincentives pushing keys at all.

23 hours ago, Guest Lecos said:

The way this guide is worded, in regards to M+ loot, it sounds like you will only get loot from the lowest level M+ you complete every week. Wowhead's guide says you will get up to three options, depending on how many M+ you complete, spanning between the highest ilevel for the highest key and lowest ilevel for the lowest key.

I have no idea which guide is more accurate but please fact check this information and update the guide accordingly, because only receiving the lowest level M+ loot sounds abysmal and disincentives pushing keys at all.

Thanks for your feedback. I will update the Mythic+ section to make it less confusing. You should see the change go live later today.

Guest Eze

That system is a fking bust honeslty, considering the seemed to nerf drop rates from m+ end chests an raid bosses (5 narth killed and around 3 m+ without a SINGLE fking item). Blowing your *filtered* up just to see 8 items you can't get... they srsly shud have left it with 3 items being obtainable- 1 from each category.

One point of clarification. that confused our guild. 

For this one: Defeating 7 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 2 items.

We found out all 7 bosses need to be of the same difficulty level. We tried 6 Normal and 1 Heroic last week and it did not qualify. 

Maybe it should read: Defeating 7 Castle Nathria raid bosses ( all of the same difficulty) each week rewards 2 items.

Also do LFR Raids count against the chest?

Edited by Mackr0s

On 12/27/2020 at 2:05 AM, Mackr0s said:

One point of clarification. that confused our guild. 

For this one: Defeating 7 Castle Nathria raid bosses each week rewards 2 items.

We found out all 7 bosses need to be of the same difficulty level. We tried 6 Normal and 1 Heroic last week and it did not qualify. 

Maybe it should read: Defeating 7 Castle Nathria raid bosses ( all of the same difficulty) each week rewards 2 items.

Also do LFR Raids count against the chest?

Hey, did your guild defeat the same boss on two different difficulties? If you defeat 6/10 on Normal and 1/10 on Heroic, you kill the same boss twice, so it doesn't count toward the Great Vault.

If you, however, defeat let's say Denathrius on Heroic and 6/10 on Normal, it would count, since that's 7 unique bosses, not the same one twice.

Yes it counts for all difficulties even LFR. I'll see what I can come up with to make the explanation more clear.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Guest Will

if you were to kill heroic sire, would his loot be available in the weekly chest at 220 (the ilvl he drops) or 213 (what the weekly chest says will drop)? Thanks

If youre like me youll get the same items week after week. I now have received the same chest piece i got the last 3 weeks. the vault is a *filtered* joke, I will  be waiting til the end of the xpac to get a weapon.

Cleared 10 Heroic bosses last week didnt get a single drop

Guest Darkymyst

Strange that I'm not seeing more complaints about this, and maybe I'm daft, but there have been at least a couple of times where I've DEFINITELY done four M+ dungeons, but was given only a single loot choice in the Weekly Chest.  This happened most recently this last week.  I did four M 12s.  I even made note of them, being careful not to repeat the same dungeon at the same level, just in case doing that makes it so it doesn't count as an additional dungeon.  I did Sanguine Depths, Hall of Atonement, Spires of Ascension and Necrotic Wake.  Not all of them beat the timer, as you can't predict in advance the quality of the group you join.  But there you have it - all four of these dungeons were M 12, but I received only ONE loot choice in the Weekly Chest.  Any ideas what might be going on here?  Thanks in advance for your replies.

Guest Author?

Is there a blue post confirming this?

• Raids: The item level of rewards in this category is based on raid difficulty. You can unlock better loot by defeating bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones on higher difficulties. Loot from the first 8 Sepulcher of the First Ones bosses will always be available whether you killed them or not. Loot from the last 3 bosses (Lords of Dread, Rygelon, and The Jailer) cannot be obtained unless you kill them once. Skipping Rygelon and killing just The Jailer only adds the Jailer's loot to the Vault table.

Am i understanding wrong, or by killing 2 raid bosses on normal, this post implies that in my weekly vault, i can get anduin's normal loot?

On 2/26/2022 at 12:12 AM, Guest Author? said:

Is there a blue post confirming this?

• Raids: The item level of rewards in this category is based on raid difficulty. You can unlock better loot by defeating bosses in Sepulcher of the First Ones on higher difficulties. Loot from the first 8 Sepulcher of the First Ones bosses will always be available whether you killed them or not. Loot from the last 3 bosses (Lords of Dread, Rygelon, and The Jailer) cannot be obtained unless you kill them once. Skipping Rygelon and killing just The Jailer only adds the Jailer's loot to the Vault table.

Am i understanding wrong, or by killing 2 raid bosses on normal, this post implies that in my weekly vault, i can get anduin's normal loot?

Although there's no blue post confirming this it has been like that for the past two tiers (Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination), so I assume it's going to be the same for Sepulcher. 

A quick update: The guide has now been updated to reflect the latest changes to the Attendant's Token of Merit and new items from Ko'tul. Sorry about the delay.