FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Great Vault

Guest Mojak

Are you sure the Mythic+ description of the great vault choosing your lowest completed mythic+ as your reward is in fact correct?  Searching around and found on wowhead they are stating the opposite as it chooses the highest m+ you completed.  I cant see Blizzard punishing people for helping out with lower keys.

22 hours ago, Guest Mojak said:

Are you sure the Mythic+ description of the great vault choosing your lowest completed mythic+ as your reward is in fact correct?  Searching around and found on wowhead they are stating the opposite as it chooses the highest m+ you completed.  I cant see Blizzard punishing people for helping out with lower keys.

Hey so I checked the game strings and with our writers and they confirmed Slot 2 is based on your 4th highest key that week and Slot 3 on your 10th highest.

Guest Gedren

Yeah, if i completed 10 Mythic+ and 9 of 10 of them were +12s, but the 10th was a Mythic 2. I would be F-ing pissed if i got an ilvl mythic 2 piece. I seriously hope that is not the case. the way it is posted here seems to be read that way.

4 hours ago, Guest Gedren said:

Yeah, if i completed 10 Mythic+ and 9 of 10 of them were +12s, but the 10th was a Mythic 2. I would be F-ing pissed if i got an ilvl mythic 2 piece. I seriously hope that is not the case. the way it is posted here seems to be read that way.

For the "10 mythic+ dungeons completed" that is the case, though. You need to have 10 +12s in order to get a +12 piece in the final Mythic+ vault row.

So in your example you'd get a +12 item, another +12 item and a +2 item.

Guest Gedren

Thanks Seksi for the reply, but if you look at Stan's reply, he seems to stating the opposite of what your saying. which one is correct?

20 hours ago, Guest Gedren said:

Thanks Seksi for the reply, but if you look at Stan's reply, he seems to stating the opposite of what your saying. which one is correct?

He's saying the same, just with different words. Take note of the use of Slot in his reply above:

On 9/24/2020 at 12:39 PM, Stan said:

Hey so I checked the game strings and with our writers and they confirmed Slot 2 is based on your 4th highest key that week and Slot 3 on your 10th highest.

So your first item choice is based on highest M+ key completed in the week, second item choice is based on 4th highest and third and final item choice is based on the 10th highest M+ key completed.

In practice, depending on your time availability you will want to complete 1, 4 or 10 very high M+ keys for the rewards. But in the end you can only pick one, so there are diminishing returns for doing all of these dungeons, as you will still get a maximum item level piece whether you complete 1 or 10, with the difference being that you can choose between 3 maximum item level pieces instead of having to stick with whatever you got in the Vault.