Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fouton

[Retribution-SoO] Knowing Which Tier 5 Talent To Use

6 posts in this topic

This thread is mainly to help ret paladins choose which talent they should use for which fight in Siege of Orgrimmar based on the trinkets/tier bonuses available to them.

The biggest factors in this would be having the Eye of Galakras, and the Tier 16-4set bonus. The following graph will cover all combinations of the two, but are NOT the definitive answers.

Boss T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
Immerseus DP DP DP DP
Fallen

Protectors

SW DP SW DP
Norushen SW DP SW DP
Sha of Pride SW SW SW SW
Galakras DP DP DP DP
Iron
Juggernaut
SW SW SW SW
Dark
Shamans
SW SW SW SW
Nazgrim SW SW SW SW
Malkorok SW SW SW SW
Spoils SW DP SW DP
Thok SW SW SW SW
Siegecrafter
Blackfuse
SW SW SW SW
Paragons SW SW SW SW
Garrosh SW SW SW SW

Heroic would be the same, now keep in mind, some of these fights are VERY generalized, and depending on how your raid kills them you could use a different talent, but generally I use the same builds on normal and heroic because structure in monster sense isn't that much different.

Now as we mention, these are not definitive. For example, if the trouble you are having on Galakras is that his final phase is taking too long and you are wiping, it might be best to pick up SW to help burst on his healthbar.

These are the generic cases before taking into account your specific raid comp, raid needs, and personal skill set. Choose what makes the most sense for you based on the factors in play.

Thanks for Auriel for helping work with me to create the talent choices.

4 people like this

Great post. Thanks for the info!

2 people like this

Glad to help :)

pffft we know who did all the hard work here, fout /flex

1 person likes this

Fact.

Table making is hard though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Flockha
      Is my 860 eye of command a better trinket for use than my 885 Faulty countermeasure because of the strength bonus? Which should I use
    • By Hoofy
      Hello,
      the gods of rng decided to reward me today with a  Draught of Souls titanforged from the timewalking chest. My question is, do I use it when I have max stacks of crusade or just use it on cd? Say for a fight that lasts 6 mins.
      Thanks!

• By Browed
      I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5...  why?
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=132459/perseverance-of-the-ebon-martyr
      Build:
      http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/death-knight/frost/cj7z
      Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
      If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
      Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
      Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
      Lets hear your thoughts?
    • By Rambobulba
      Hi, im new to sub rouge, i respec from outlaw when i saw changes :))) love blizz, but now im at first hard choice, which talent (gloomblade is now getting a buff) is now most stabilized from lvl 15 stage, gloomblade, weapon master or master of subtlety?
      And to the secondary stats. I changed my items and put everywhere masterygems and enchants. But now i see that if i have too low versa i should add few gems or smth to get it to more %. What are the GOOD stats for sub rouge? I have 98% mastery with 375 food 6% versa 34% crit and 5% haste.
      PLX halp wanna respec to be atleast decent in items to nighthold
      Forgot to add, im mostly PVE player but i sometimes play pvp for AP/fun, so i think 10% versa is minimum for pvp but pve? 6% enough or should i get more and lower the mastery
      Ah and from legends, i use Ravenholdt insignia with prydaz>sephuz becouse of a lot mastery it gives (haste isnt that necessery)
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Rambobulba/simple
    • By y3ll
      Hi guys, 
      I'm experiencing a very low dps rate since I'm playing in Legion, something I've never had in previouses addons of WoW. 
      You do an awesome job here for other retris so I guessed maybe you have some suggestions for me. 
      My amory link: Armory - Yelled
      My rotation while doing dungeons and quests is just like mentioned here in Icy Veins.  

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong now.. My dps in mythic or even heroic dungeons is WAY under the tank's dps, I'm always last in dps (except for the healer... mostly). 

I thank you guys in advance for your help!