Fouton

[Retribution-SoO] Knowing Which Tier 5 Talent To Use

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

This thread is mainly to help ret paladins choose which talent they should use for which fight in Siege of Orgrimmar based on the trinkets/tier bonuses available to them.

The biggest factors in this would be having the Eye of Galakras, and the Tier 16-4set bonus. The following graph will cover all combinations of the two, but are NOT the definitive answers.

Boss T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
T16-4set
Eye of Galakras
Immerseus DP DP DP DP
Fallen

Protectors

SW DP SW DP
Norushen SW DP SW DP
Sha of Pride SW SW SW SW
Galakras DP DP DP DP
Iron
Juggernaut
SW SW SW SW
Dark
Shamans
SW SW SW SW
Nazgrim SW SW SW SW
Malkorok SW SW SW SW
Spoils SW DP SW DP
Thok SW SW SW SW
Siegecrafter
Blackfuse
SW SW SW SW
Paragons SW SW SW SW
Garrosh SW SW SW SW

Heroic would be the same, now keep in mind, some of these fights are VERY generalized, and depending on how your raid kills them you could use a different talent, but generally I use the same builds on normal and heroic because structure in monster sense isn't that much different.

Now as we mention, these are not definitive. For example, if the trouble you are having on Galakras is that his final phase is taking too long and you are wiping, it might be best to pick up SW to help burst on his healthbar.

These are the generic cases before taking into account your specific raid comp, raid needs, and personal skill set. Choose what makes the most sense for you based on the factors in play.

Thanks for Auriel for helping work with me to create the talent choices.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Akezhar
      So I just got my Rogue to 110 on Monday and plan on raiding soon. But  I am a bit unhappy about Vigor not being an option. Every guide I found put the other two talents above it. I really like playing with Vigor, this might just be because my gear is still kinda bad and messed up(850ish), but it feels a lot smoother with Vigor.
      So I wanted to know why excactly the other two are better and by how much. 
      Edit: Sub
    • By Crudetorrent
      Hi, This is about Ice Veins Demonology 100 talent discussion. I'm greatly confused about this, since I can't see any synergy between Ascendance and Soul Conduit. If anyone could clarify this. I've already thought about it having something to do with summons. But it has to do with DE so yeah. Simply can't see the synergy with theese two together.
      Copied right from the 100 talent discussion from Icy Veins:
       Soul Conduit is the best option for single target and light cleave and should be your go-to for most encounters. This talent is only worthwhile if using  Thal'kiel's Ascendance.

• By XvaL
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/azralon/Väl Good evening. I am currently raiding ToS and I see that I am my heal not this "cool" compared to the previous raids .. I am usually rarely getting first in HPS and I have the biggest ilvl of the healers in my group. (Hpriest, Rdruid and Monk). Am I doing something wrong? Or maybe it's because I lost mastery? I remember I was with 118% in the last raid .. I need help please :) I apologize for bad english .. I used a translator  

• By Rambon
      Hello!

As the topic says, I need some help with my paladin. I feel that I'm underperforming extremely during single target fights, such as Goroth. I feel sort of comfortable with my AoE encounters, but open to suggestion and advice there as well. 
      I feel that I've focused on the wrong stats as well, because I've read somewhere that if you have the cloak, you should have around 28-30% haste.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/twisting-nether/rambon 
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/rambon - Take a look at the Goroth encounter, where I don't even reach the epic bracket for my IL.
      I'm pretty sure I'm using the right and best rotation, my opening may differ tho. Open to input and advice, and of course criticism about my rotation.
      If there is something I've missed in this thread, that someone notices that I'm doing wrong, please include it in your comment.

Thanks!
    • By PingChanGeR
      Hello there guys.

So I was wondering if there's something like a top 10 list for SP trinkets because I'm switching trinkets like crazy and I don't recognize any difference at all. Switching between WitD/Haste-Stat and Haste-stat/Mastery-stat at the moment.
      Now the next question is if we're using AS or SL and what stats to prioritize with them? Some of the top dps SP are using weird setups and confuse me. They all favor haste of course but some play with a crit heavy build and SL and some are playing with a mastery heavy build and AS. I don't get that tbh.
      At least that's what their logs and their armory are saying.