FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Elemental Shaman Leveling

Guest The elem talent tree

The points are not spent in the correct order, you can't take unrelenting calamity yet because you've only spent 6 points before that but unrelenting doesn't unlock until 8 points are spent. You have to take primordial fury and flflow of power before you can move on.

I had us path to Lava Surge before I changed my mind which is why I forgot to readapt the tree properly. You indeed have to take Primordial Fury & Flow of Power (or lava surge) before Unrelenting Calamity. Because of the latest round of hotfixes however, this leveling build will change for DF release. 

Guest Astiok

Am I understanding this correct that it's not ideal to cast Lava Burst while leveling?  Because below is what the level up rotation is listed as.  Or was Lava Burst left out of the leveling rotation in error?  Thanks!

1. Keep Lightning Shield Icon Lightning Shield active on yourself (out of combat)
  2. Apply Flame Shock Icon Flame Shock if it is absent
  3. Cast Earth Shock Icon Earth Shock if Maelstrom is 90 or greater; or 50 or greater if you have Master of the Elements Icon Master of the Elements's buff.
  4. Cast Earth Shock Icon Earth Shock if Maelstrom is 60 or greater.
  5. Cast Lightning Bolt Icon Lightning Bolt as a filler on a single target.

I forgot to account for the new level unlocks, meaning you'd only see lava burst show up when you move the slider at the top of the page to level 11. 

Note that because of the new hotfixes, this build is being updated. There are a lot of things that are strong and viable and you may prefer picking other talents.

Guest Siferiax

I'm confused. On level 60 the rotation reads:
6. Cast Lava Burst if at 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon.

However when looking at the talent tree the talent Maelstrom Weapon is not picked.
This talent also doesn't make sense for a ranged damage class to begin with.

It looks to be a copy paste from the Enhancement Shaman.
So should it just be cast Lava Burst?

On 2/5/2024 at 9:29 AM, Guest Siferiax said:

I'm confused. On level 60 the rotation reads:
6. Cast Lava Burst if at 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon.

However when looking at the talent tree the talent Maelstrom Weapon is not picked.
This talent also doesn't make sense for a ranged damage class to begin with.

It looks to be a copy paste from the Enhancement Shaman.
So should it just be cast Lava Burst?

I think what happened is when I wrote the rotation I copypasted some spell IDs from the enhancement page for convenience and accidentally grabbed the entire line and didn't pay enough attention on review. Should be fixed soon, thanks! Essentially yes, it's Cast Lava Burst when available. You should look to the main guide when you reach max level however. I'd recommend you do it earlier than that tbh, since you can get pretty close to endgame builds when nearing max level.