Elemental Shaman Dragonflight Leveling Guide From 1 to 60 (Dragonflight 10.1)
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Elemental Shaman leveling guide for Dragonflight Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Shaman leveling guide.
When leveling up, always choose the piece of loot with the highest item level. The only exception to this rule is if you have a Ring or Necklace with a slightly lower item level, but 2 secondary stats on it instead of 1.
Level by Level Rotation and Talents
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talents to Level Up as an Elemental Shaman
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
This is an example setup; it is difficult to go wrong while leveling; I would encourage experimenting with the feel of different talents. Note that the value of some talents/talent combos can change significantly depending on your secondary stats. This assumes no particular stat is heavily favored. This guide chooses to skip Icefury as you already have a lot of buttons, especially if you pick a lot of active talents on the class tree, and Icefury can be overwhelming for newer players. It is a healthy option for leveling.
- Level 11 and 12: Get Astral Shift then Astral Bulwark on your class tree and Earth Shock on your elemental tree. If you would prefer a higher Astral Shift uptime at the cost of a significantly lower damage reduction, you can spec into either Planes Traveler instead, or take Wind Shear early to deal with pesky spellcasters.
- Level 13 to 18: Get Wind Shear then Earth Elemental and Capacitor Totem on your class tree and Fire Elemental, then Refreshing Waters and Lava Surge on your elemental tree.
- Level 19 to 24: Get Guardian's Cudgel, Fire and Ice and Healing Stream Totem from the class tree, then path to Call of Thunder on the elemental tree, grabbing Inundate.
- Level 25 to 34: Get Hex, Nature's Guardian and Thunderstorm from the class tree and Elemental Fury, then Unrelenting Calamity, Stormkeeper, Call of Fire then Echo of the Elements.
- Level 35 to 44 Get Swirling Currents, Spiritwalker's Grace, Brimming with Life and Nature's Furyfrom the class tree and Surge of Power, Master of the Elements then Eye of the Storm from the elemental tree.
- Level 45 to 50: Get Winds of Al'Akir and Gust of Wind from the class tree and Focused Insight, Flow of Power and Swelling Maelstrom from the elemental tree.
- Choices!: At this level, you can pick Primordial Wave, Ascendance and either Primal Elementalist or Liquid Magma Totem. You may want three of those. Primordial Wave will help kill spread-out mobs faster and is also a nice single-target boost. The others give you strong DPS cooldowns, although apart from Liquid Magma Totem, they can be pretty overkill. Alternatively, you could skip 2 of the "choice" talents and a path directly to Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence.
- Level 51 to 56: Get Ancestral Guidance, Graceful Spirit and Surging Shields from the class tree and the 2 previous talents, you did not get to level 51 on the elemental tree.
- Level 57 to 62: Finish Surging Shields, then get Earth Shield. On the spec tree, grab Magma Chamber and Windspeaker's Lava Resurgence.
- Level 63 to 70: Get Elemental Orbit, then depending on preferences, any/all of Lightning Lasso, Earthgrab Totem Nature's Swiftness, you could also take 2 points into Elemental Warding, Ancestral Defense or Go with the Flow. There are no wrong options, depending on what you are struggling with. You can also pick any of those earlier during the leveling process; it is largely personal preference, how fast you want to go, whether you take pauses or grind non-stop... The elemental tree picks are also down to preference and what you feel you need more. You can get Oath of the Far Seer to have a stronger Ascendance you can use much more often. You can get Rolling Magma for more Primordial Waves along with Primordial Surge for more single-target (generally overkill), or Splintered Elements if you also use Liquid Magma Totem if you do big pulls, Searing Flames to get more Earth Shocks, Flames of the Cauldron and Improved Flametongue Weapon for some basic damage increases. I even skip Ascendance for those, as I feel it is overkill for leveling.
- 02 May 2023: Modified a setting to make things clearer for people leveling from 60.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated for the class talent overhaul of Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 18 Nov. 2022: Updated with a new build order. People who want to know in advance where to go from level 60 to 70 can now see my recommendations.
- 07 Nov. 2022: Talent pick order in calculator should be fixed. .
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Tuning: June 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 1st
- Treasure Goblin Sets Portal Trap and Sends Players Away
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon Drops Item Level 421 Loot on the 10.1.5 PTR
- New Headless Horseman Candy Bucket in Patch 10.1.5
- Kalimdor Cup Scheduled for August 15th
- A Video Overview of the June Trading Post Items