FORUMS
positiv2

Subtlety Rogue PvE

19 hours ago, Guest elkiki said:

Hi,

I was just wondering what you meant by "Cleave situations fuel additional single-target damage." is it only to speak about the working mechanics of secret technique or smth else too ?

thanks

Having more mobs around you means that you generate a lot more Combo Points with Shuriken Storm than you normally would with Backstab. This is useful for situations where you have a priority target since you can use Combo Points on Eviscerate instead of Black Powder if the AoE damage is not needed.

Guest Johnyboy

I feel like this guide needs some updating. At least for me secret technique feels very bad compared to master, and weaponmaster feels more useful than premeditation, especially on tyrannical weeks...

On 2/24/2021 at 5:49 AM, Guest Johnyboy said:

I feel like this guide needs some updating. At least for me secret technique feels very bad compared to master, and weaponmaster feels more useful than premeditation, especially on tyrannical weeks...

Will be updating the M+ talents specifically soon, putting emphasis on talent choices for Fortified vs Tyrannical

Guest Ghastlywitch

Hi. I am having a lot of trouble reading the guides on my iPhone as one of the ads is continuously pulling the page down at intervals. It’s really annoying as it shifts where I was reading and then I have to keep going back to find my place. Happened here and in arcane mage guide. Thanks for the great guides though. 

11 hours ago, Guest Ghastlywitch said:

Hi. I am having a lot of trouble reading the guides on my iPhone as one of the ads is continuously pulling the page down at intervals. It’s really annoying as it shifts where I was reading and then I have to keep going back to find my place. Happened here and in arcane mage guide. Thanks for the great guides though. 

Hi! Thank you for reporting this. I have passed this feedback on for the issue to be looked into.

11 hours ago, Guest Ghastlywitch said:

Hello. I'm very sorry about that. It's not supposed to happen. Did you notice if the ad was the same both times? 

7 hours ago, less said:

Is the chest enchant Eternal Skirmish worth considering over the recommended Primary Stats +30?

For single-target, Eternal Skirmish is better by a very, very tiny margin (depends a bit on your gear and other factors, you can simulate the differences between the chest enchant for your own character on raidbots.com). For most players the difference is so negligible that they just use the +30 Stats enchant cause it is quite a bit better on AoE situations.

Just wondering, how come you guys dont have the soulbind talent tree pictures like all the other specs. The reason why they're helpful is so I know what path to take for each person you use. I'm venthyr with my sub rogue and would love to know which rows to use for each soul bind tree 

20 hours ago, goatyachty said:

Just wondering, how come you guys dont have the soulbind talent tree pictures like all the other specs. The reason why they're helpful is so I know what path to take for each person you use. I'm venthyr with my sub rogue and would love to know which rows to use for each soul bind tree 

The advised tree is meant to be there, I must've messed up when editing the page last time. Re-adding it as soon as possible.

• Like 1

Guest Moliee

Amazing guide. QQ though, is the shadow dance +sod macro correct with symbols after the filler? Shouldn’t sod be cast before the filler so that the macro’ed filler benefits from it?

• #showtooltip Shadow Dance
  • /cast Shadow Dance
  • /cast Shadowstrike
  • /cast Symbols of Death

23 hours ago, Guest Moliee said:

Amazing guide. QQ though, is the shadow dance +sod macro correct with symbols after the filler? Shouldn’t sod be cast before the filler so that the macro’ed filler benefits from it?

• #showtooltip Shadow Dance
  • /cast Shadow Dance
  • /cast Shadowstrike
  • /cast Symbols of Death

Yes, you are correct. Fixing as soon as possible.

Guest Fourth

Too many people posting in here are far too *filtered*

this is a website for gamers ... it is not for submitting dissertations for an English Degree

typos and imperfect  grammar are insignificant.. and they happen ....get over them or go elsewhere

Just a little trick on the Eye of the Jailer. You can guess using the Cloak of Shadows to remove the debuff in the 2nd phase. I recommend using it in the middle of the phase strictly 5 seconds or less before the debuff disappears, so that the stacks are discarded and go from the beginning. This will help to survive, and the healers will say "thank you".
But if you use the Cloak of Shadows for 5 seconds or more, it will be wasted and the debuff will not have time to be removed.

I checked it on myself, everything works.

P.S. It is also possible (probably) that similar tokens work with other classes, for example, the Anti-Magic Shell for the DK or the Hunter's Turtle. But I can't say more precisely.

Guest Artcoversme

sorry but I didn't get it: as Ventyr Sub shall I upgrade the Ventyr Legendary even for mythic plus? or fatality is still better for m+? thanks

7 hours ago, Guest Artcoversme said:

sorry but I didn't get it: as Ventyr Sub shall I upgrade the Ventyr Legendary even for mythic plus? or fatality is still better for m+? thanks

You can play either Finality or Obedience in Mythic+ as Venthyr. Obedience will be slightly more priority and single-target damage whilst Finality will be slightly more AoE.

• Toxic Onslaught Icon Toxic Onslaught is the new Night Fae-specific Legendary. This Legendary is very under-tuned and not worth using in practically any scenario.

I'm told by my raid leader that Toxic Onslaught is now BiS. It's listed as BiS for single targets over at Wowhead.

9.1.5 Subtlety Rogue Legendary Changes

The change to the Night Fae legendary power allows it to surpass the previous best best option ability_rogue_eviscerate.gif Finality on single target encounters.

8 hours ago, less said:

I'm told by my raid leader that Toxic Onslaught is now BiS. It's listed as BiS for single targets over at Wowhead.

This is correct, I missed that one in the updates. Will be fixing it asap.

20 hours ago, Ashine said:

This is correct, I missed that one in the updates. Will be fixing it asap.

Okay, I look forward to reading it. 🙂

Guest Moliee

I'm trying to simplify my aoe spam a bit with macros and I'm wondering if I'm using anything using these as separate binds:

/cast [stance:0] Shadow Dance
/cast Shuriken Storm

and another with SoD+Dance+Shuriken Storm

When in a pack can I just be spamming these instead of manually trying to chain dance?

On 3/21/2022 at 4:27 PM, Guest Moliee said:

I'm trying to simplify my aoe spam a bit with macros and I'm wondering if I'm using anything using these as separate binds:

/cast [stance:0] Shadow Dance
/cast Shuriken Storm

and another with SoD+Dance+Shuriken Storm

When in a pack can I just be spamming these instead of manually trying to chain dance?

You can indeed use that macro when you are AoEing if you want to simplify it a lot like you said.

I don't recommend that however as there are times during the end of the pack where you don't want to use Shadow Dance or Symbols and rather save them for next one.

But that comes down to personal preference, feel free to try it and see how it feels!

Guest Rouge

I was wondering why you won't talk about talent choices in the guide and why you take the choices you do.  I understand that this might just be for guide maker's personal preference but it gives the reader no understanding on why Tricks of the Trade is a bad Talent or why Cap stones aren't worth taking.  

On 10/30/2022 at 3:14 AM, Guest Rouge said:

I was wondering why you won't talk about talent choices in the guide and why you take the choices you do.  I understand that this might just be for guide maker's personal preference but it gives the reader no understanding on why Tricks of the Trade is a bad Talent or why Cap stones aren't worth taking.  

Honestly for most part the talent choices are simply X being better than Y and there not being much to talk about.

However I do agree with you that some of the choices can be explained better and ill commit some changes, especially for the utility ones that are based in the Class tree rather than Spec tree.

The Cap stones are currently just worse numbers wise than the other talents, at level 70 you will be picking them once we get more talent points.