Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Restoration Shaman Shadowlands

Recommended Posts

Guest MrGuffels

I'm reading Easy mode and it says that Resto uses Healing Stream Totem in its rotation. I only see Healing Tide totem in the spellbook but the other 2 specs have healing stream totem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Guest MrGuffels said:

I'm reading Easy mode and it says that Resto uses Healing Stream Totem in its rotation. I only see Healing Tide totem in the spellbook but the other 2 specs have healing stream totem.

For Restoration, Healing Stream Totem is replaced by Cloudburst Totem when talented, which is likely your case.

Use it on cooldown instead of Healing Stream Totem when you have it talented and you should be golden, cheers ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Shamaara

I feel like there is so much more info that could be given to new m+ resto's, that isn't in this guide..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Guest Shamaara said:

I feel like there is so much more info that could be given to new m+ resto's, that isn't in this guide..

Will be happy to include it if you can be more specific ? there are changes in the works already as is, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Rukotsu

I am having a blast in Torghast, my husband who plays an aff warlock and I (resto shaman) went in there and one of the powers I got gave us like 5 to 10 seconds of the hero buff every time I dropped a totem, it was pretty awesome. I didn't see it listed but I could have missed it, there are so many!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Guest Rukotsu said:

I am having a blast in Torghast, my husband who plays an aff warlock and I (resto shaman) went in there and one of the powers I got gave us like 5 to 10 seconds of the hero buff every time I dropped a totem, it was pretty awesome. I didn't see it listed but I could have missed it, there are so many!

I haven't seen that power yet, but it decidedly sounds S-Rank, especially when in a group! Perma hero ? thanks for the report, will go search which one it is and add it up on the next update ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Bookey
On 12/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, Seksi said:

I haven't seen that power yet, but it decidedly sounds S-Rank, especially when in a group! Perma hero ? thanks for the report, will go search which one it is and add it up on the next update ? 

I have had it multiple times. I am not sure the name of it, but its a lust every 15sec with a 30 sec CD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nahu

i checked the nathria drop, but none is Crit-Versa, so.. are we going to be equiped only on mythics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guest Nahu said:

i checked the nathria drop, but none is Crit-Versa, so.. are we going to be equiped only on mythics?

Mythics / PvP are good sources of Crit Versa gear.

Unfortunately the raid gear isn't looking too hot indeed..but you will still be using the highest item level stuff you can get from there since item level scales the amount of stats you get by a lot this early into the expansion.

So Item Level > Crit / Versa > Haste / Mastery as stated in the stats page. Have fun! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Odious Jackal

Who ever wrote this guide does not give quality advice.  You failed to mention defensive and if you think shamans don’t have single target healing abilities, you have never played at a high level.  How would you know any of this to be true? Through Beta?  Next week is the true test and quality shaman healers can be the best this tier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guest Odious Jackal said:

Who ever wrote this guide does not give quality advice.  You failed to mention defensive and if you think shamans don’t have single target healing abilities, you have never played at a high level.  How would you know any of this to be true? Through Beta?  Next week is the true test and quality shaman healers can be the best this tier. 

What are you talking about, defensives are mentioned all throughout the guide and so are single target heals.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-spell-summary has Healing Wave / Healing Surge / Riptide / Astral Shift explanations, and the defensive benefit of some of the new conduits is also talked about in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-best-covenants-soulbinds-and-conduits and single target healing is explained in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-rotation-cooldowns-abilities.

If you mean the strengths / weaknesses part on the intro, it reflects a comparison to the other healers. Shamans have defensives, mobility options and single target heals. Are they better than paladin bubble, druids having almost all heals being instants or 1.5 sec casts and monk soothing + enveloping? Not really, and hence those are relative weaknesses. Can a skilled player make do with a Shaman's toolkit and be successful? Absolutely, I'd even go as far to say it looks like the current #1 healer in Shadowlands, overall. But not presenting any weaknesses in the intro and saying everything is perfect would be disingenious.

Hope you are having fun in SL! 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CausticWombat said:

Thanks for the Torghast anima powers guide! It’s quite thorough, but I noticed it’s missing one of the epic ones - Deathseer’s Whip.

“Dropping a totem grants your party 15 seconds of Heroism. This can only occur every 30 seconds.”

50% uptime on Heroism is insane!

It is, I've actually been using it to great effect, thought I had listed it, thanks! 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncommon Patron

ElvUI link is broken in the addons section.  As well, the guide linked at the end of the ElvUI mention is 4 years out of date.  Has this mod been discontinued?  Do you recommend a different mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aeronar said:

ElvUI link is broken in the addons section.  As well, the guide linked at the end of the ElvUI mention is 4 years out of date.  Has this mod been discontinued?  Do you recommend a different mod?

Not at all, using it alongside a ton of the community atm, but that part of the addon section is part of a general addon include which must have gone out of date, will review it soon, thanks for heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Bis loot raid/dng

I was hoping to see the Bis, like the monk brewmaster guide, with a mix of dungeon as raid loot, i got disapointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Guest Bis loot raid/dng said:

I was hoping to see the Bis, like the monk brewmaster guide, with a mix of dungeon as raid loot, i got disapointed.

The problem with that is that some people don't do all types of content. We also lack healer sims to know which is the overall "best gear possible" setup. In general as long as you use whatever you have with highest item level as well as recommended trinkets (finishing the complete trinket ranking right now) you will doing as well as you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Xamartial

Great job!

 

It's secure to say that conquest gear have the most of RShammy bis gear? I'm raiding heroic atm, but I feel that conquest gear it's the way.

I've had some problems to reach Combatant, but the 207 versa/crit gear is awesome for pve content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Guest Xamartial said:

Great job!

 

It's secure to say that conquest gear have the most of RShammy bis gear? I'm raiding heroic atm, but I feel that conquest gear it's the way.

I've had some problems to reach Combatant, but the 207 versa/crit gear is awesome for pve content.

Yeah I agree, PvP gear is the best so far in Shadowlands! Go for it if you can, still working on my own 2100 rating 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Slaytan

Quick question - the castle nathria tokens for 1 handers - specifically the mace & dagger - theres no difference in stats except speed dagger 1.8 mace 2.6 - which is better (if at all) and why  - whats the meaning/result of this difference speedwise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Guest Slaytan said:

Quick question - the castle nathria tokens for 1 handers - specifically the mace & dagger - theres no difference in stats except speed dagger 1.8 mace 2.6 - which is better (if at all) and why  - whats the meaning/result of this difference speedwise? 

Speed doesn't matter since we are not meant to be swinging it around, take whichever's looks you like the best 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest N00biesham

Any chance you could give your thoughts on Consumptive Infusion
https://www.wowhead.com/item=184022/consumptive-infusion?bonus=6805
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its alright, lowest in A-tier when compared to the other trinkets in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-gear-best-in-slot. If you can remember to use the proc on yourself and it happens to line up nicely with fight mechanics you can get decent healing from its effect, but for the most part its value comes from the passive intellect bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest bobsyouruncle

In the BIS section, there is a linked picture that does not load when clicking on it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...