FORUMS
positiv2

Restoration Shaman PvE

Guest MrGuffels

I'm reading Easy mode and it says that Resto uses Healing Stream Totem in its rotation. I only see Healing Tide totem in the spellbook but the other 2 specs have healing stream totem.

13 hours ago, Guest MrGuffels said:

I'm reading Easy mode and it says that Resto uses Healing Stream Totem in its rotation. I only see Healing Tide totem in the spellbook but the other 2 specs have healing stream totem.

For Restoration, Healing Stream Totem is replaced by Cloudburst Totem when talented, which is likely your case.

Use it on cooldown instead of Healing Stream Totem when you have it talented and you should be golden, cheers ?

Guest Shamaara

I feel like there is so much more info that could be given to new m+ resto's, that isn't in this guide..

39 minutes ago, Guest Shamaara said:

I feel like there is so much more info that could be given to new m+ resto's, that isn't in this guide..

Will be happy to include it if you can be more specific ? there are changes in the works already as is, too!

Guest Rukotsu

I am having a blast in Torghast, my husband who plays an aff warlock and I (resto shaman) went in there and one of the powers I got gave us like 5 to 10 seconds of the hero buff every time I dropped a totem, it was pretty awesome. I didn't see it listed but I could have missed it, there are so many!

46 minutes ago, Guest Rukotsu said:

I am having a blast in Torghast, my husband who plays an aff warlock and I (resto shaman) went in there and one of the powers I got gave us like 5 to 10 seconds of the hero buff every time I dropped a totem, it was pretty awesome. I didn't see it listed but I could have missed it, there are so many!

I haven't seen that power yet, but it decidedly sounds S-Rank, especially when in a group! Perma hero ? thanks for the report, will go search which one it is and add it up on the next update ? 

Guest Bookey
On 12/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, Seksi said:

I haven't seen that power yet, but it decidedly sounds S-Rank, especially when in a group! Perma hero ? thanks for the report, will go search which one it is and add it up on the next update ? 

I have had it multiple times. I am not sure the name of it, but its a lust every 15sec with a 30 sec CD. 

Guest Nahu

i checked the nathria drop, but none is Crit-Versa, so.. are we going to be equiped only on mythics?

2 hours ago, Guest Nahu said:

i checked the nathria drop, but none is Crit-Versa, so.. are we going to be equiped only on mythics?

Mythics / PvP are good sources of Crit Versa gear.

Unfortunately the raid gear isn't looking too hot indeed..but you will still be using the highest item level stuff you can get from there since item level scales the amount of stats you get by a lot this early into the expansion.

So Item Level > Crit / Versa > Haste / Mastery as stated in the stats page. Have fun! 🙂

Guest Odious Jackal

Who ever wrote this guide does not give quality advice.  You failed to mention defensive and if you think shamans don’t have single target healing abilities, you have never played at a high level.  How would you know any of this to be true? Through Beta?  Next week is the true test and quality shaman healers can be the best this tier. 

14 hours ago, Guest Odious Jackal said:

Who ever wrote this guide does not give quality advice.  You failed to mention defensive and if you think shamans don’t have single target healing abilities, you have never played at a high level.  How would you know any of this to be true? Through Beta?  Next week is the true test and quality shaman healers can be the best this tier. 

What are you talking about, defensives are mentioned all throughout the guide and so are single target heals.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-spell-summary has Healing Wave / Healing Surge / Riptide / Astral Shift explanations, and the defensive benefit of some of the new conduits is also talked about in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-best-covenants-soulbinds-and-conduits and single target healing is explained in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-rotation-cooldowns-abilities.

If you mean the strengths / weaknesses part on the intro, it reflects a comparison to the other healers. Shamans have defensives, mobility options and single target heals. Are they better than paladin bubble, druids having almost all heals being instants or 1.5 sec casts and monk soothing + enveloping? Not really, and hence those are relative weaknesses. Can a skilled player make do with a Shaman's toolkit and be successful? Absolutely, I'd even go as far to say it looks like the current #1 healer in Shadowlands, overall. But not presenting any weaknesses in the intro and saying everything is perfect would be disingenious.

Hope you are having fun in SL! 🙂 

6 hours ago, CausticWombat said:

Thanks for the Torghast anima powers guide! It’s quite thorough, but I noticed it’s missing one of the epic ones - Deathseer’s Whip.

“Dropping a totem grants your party 15 seconds of Heroism. This can only occur every 30 seconds.”

50% uptime on Heroism is insane!

It is, I've actually been using it to great effect, thought I had listed it, thanks! 🙂

ElvUI link is broken in the addons section.  As well, the guide linked at the end of the ElvUI mention is 4 years out of date.  Has this mod been discontinued?  Do you recommend a different mod?

1 hour ago, Aeronar said:

ElvUI link is broken in the addons section.  As well, the guide linked at the end of the ElvUI mention is 4 years out of date.  Has this mod been discontinued?  Do you recommend a different mod?

Not at all, using it alongside a ton of the community atm, but that part of the addon section is part of a general addon include which must have gone out of date, will review it soon, thanks for heads up!

Guest Bis loot raid/dng

I was hoping to see the Bis, like the monk brewmaster guide, with a mix of dungeon as raid loot, i got disapointed.

57 minutes ago, Guest Bis loot raid/dng said:

I was hoping to see the Bis, like the monk brewmaster guide, with a mix of dungeon as raid loot, i got disapointed.

The problem with that is that some people don't do all types of content. We also lack healer sims to know which is the overall "best gear possible" setup. In general as long as you use whatever you have with highest item level as well as recommended trinkets (finishing the complete trinket ranking right now) you will doing as well as you can!

Guest Xamartial

Great job!

It's secure to say that conquest gear have the most of RShammy bis gear? I'm raiding heroic atm, but I feel that conquest gear it's the way.

I've had some problems to reach Combatant, but the 207 versa/crit gear is awesome for pve content.

18 hours ago, Guest Xamartial said:

Great job!

It's secure to say that conquest gear have the most of RShammy bis gear? I'm raiding heroic atm, but I feel that conquest gear it's the way.

I've had some problems to reach Combatant, but the 207 versa/crit gear is awesome for pve content.

Yeah I agree, PvP gear is the best so far in Shadowlands! Go for it if you can, still working on my own 2100 rating 🙂

Guest Slaytan

Quick question - the castle nathria tokens for 1 handers - specifically the mace & dagger - theres no difference in stats except speed dagger 1.8 mace 2.6 - which is better (if at all) and why  - whats the meaning/result of this difference speedwise? 

32 minutes ago, Guest Slaytan said:

Quick question - the castle nathria tokens for 1 handers - specifically the mace & dagger - theres no difference in stats except speed dagger 1.8 mace 2.6 - which is better (if at all) and why  - whats the meaning/result of this difference speedwise? 

Speed doesn't matter since we are not meant to be swinging it around, take whichever's looks you like the best 🙂

Guest N00biesham

Any chance you could give your thoughts on Consumptive Infusion
https://www.wowhead.com/item=184022/consumptive-infusion?bonus=6805

Its alright, lowest in A-tier when compared to the other trinkets in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restoration-shaman-pve-healing-gear-best-in-slot. If you can remember to use the proc on yourself and it happens to line up nicely with fight mechanics you can get decent healing from its effect, but for the most part its value comes from the passive intellect bonus.

Guest bobsyouruncle

In the BIS section, there is a linked picture that does not load when clicking on it.