FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Beast Mastery Hunter 5.4

OMG!!! Hmm right ok.. I can assure you at the time of me posting the first question it was a totally different scenario. I've just looked myself and yes now it's saying the right thing. Even my wife was stuck with it and she's played since vanilla! We even spoke to several hunters in game and asked them. I'm really not blonde I promise Posted Image

Ok in that case I have a couple of questions if that's ok.

1. When using Mr Robot the are the reforge stats based on the optimised enchants and gems being in place? From what I can make out they seem to be which is kind of a problem if there is no enchant in place, because you can't tell it to ignore it. You can only lock something if there is something there to lock. Which surely means your only going to get the best out of the reforge stats once all the optimised items are in place. That kinda leads me onto the next query...

2. Wow reforge reforges what you have at the time so if your at a point in the game where you can't afford or obtain the optimised enchants/gems would that not be better to get the most out of your stats? For example the best gem for my helm is nearly 1000g for me to buy, now i could buy it but i dont see the point in spending that until i get a better helm that im likely to keep for a while. If I use wow reforge now it tells me to reforge in a completely different way to what Mr Robot has so is wow reforge now wrong?

Thanks for your time hope you can shed some light on this.

1. Yes. And that's the only way that it can give you accurate results. If it was optimizing your gems regardless of what enchants/reforges you have, they wouldn't really be optimal. You can indeed not lock something in place unless there's already something there to begin with - this is not really ideal, and I can see your predicament. The folks at Mr. Robot said that while such a feature is in the works, it's not a top priority at the moment.

2. It looks to me like currently, not counting the gems/enchant suggestions from Mr. Robot, it's advising a different set-up to wowreforge, but the results of which are almost identical (it seems like Mr. Robot's version ends up with slightly, and I do mean slightly, better results).

Guest Sean

Fair enough thats good enough for me! Thank you for taking the time to look into that much apreciated Posted Image Awesome site too guys wouldn't be without it muchas gracias.....

Guest MezhevenOnlyou Agenc

Hi,

I just bought the Arrowflight Medallion from Operation: Shieldwall. I added it as a /use on my current Bestial Wrath macro:

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath

/use Yaungol Slayer's Gloves (Synapse Spring)

/use Arrowflight Medallion

/cast Bestial Wrath

/cast Rabid

Looks like I can't be using two /use at the same time. Synapse Spring procs, but nothing with the trinket. Both are on a 1 min CD, which is perfect for BW.

Any suggestion?

Guest Sly

Just have a question about the BiS trinkets, i have spoken to a few hunters and they seem to believe that the darkmoon fair trinket Relic of Xuen fully upgraded is better then the Terror in the Mists trinket and the only time you might possibly use the Terror in the Mists is when its Heroic and fully upgraded, the reasoning is due to the Relic having agi with agi proc and that is very hard to beat compared to the agi with crit proc. Where do you stand on this?

thanks for the guide i have found it very usefull

Just have a question about the BiS trinkets, i have spoken to a few hunters and they seem to believe that the darkmoon fair trinket Relic of Xuen fully upgraded is better then the Terror in the Mists trinket and the only time you might possibly use the Terror in the Mists is when its Heroic and fully upgraded, the reasoning is due to the Relic having agi with agi proc and that is very hard to beat compared to the agi with crit proc. Where do you stand on this?

thanks for the guide i have found it very usefull

2/2 RoX beats everything until H TiTM and H bottle.

Guest Starboardten

Hi, in the BM section on Rotation etc in Section 5.1 it says:-

A Beast Mastery Hunter's focus has a maximum capacity of 120, and regenerates at an innate rate of 6 focus per second. This rate is increased by Haste Rating. In addition to this, certain abilities such as Posted ImageSteady Shot (Marksmanship-only) and Posted ImageCobra Shot (Beast Mastery and Survival-only) also grant focus.

I have a BM hunter ad I have Steady Shot, you say it is MM only, hope you dont mind me pointing this out.

Guest Jabari

I hate to break it to you guys, but you're going to have to completely re-write this guide. The rotation and stat weights are totally wrong.

The main reason is that "Kill Command on cooldown, without delay" is so important that everything else revolves around it.

This has 2 basic effects:

- You don't have a single "rotation", nor a priority scheme. What you have is a set of "mini-rotations" for what you can fit in before the next KC. These are either 3 or 4 shots, based on whether you have one of RF/FF/Lust active. (Or even 5, if two of the big-hastes are active).

- Haste is competely and totally worthless. It really should have a stat weight of about 0.1 - the only thing that it effectively affects are autoshot and pet-autoattack. With no "big-haste" going, you can only do Cobra/Cobra/Arcane between KCs, whether at 0 haste or 3000.

The Elitist Jerks guide is up to date, and is correct (though worded strangely). Might be better to get the main ideas from the Maintankadin forum - look in the Other Specs forum there.

(As a humorous side note: Simcraft is currently using the rotation listed here. I run about 10-15% higher than a "perfect reflexes, zero lag" simulation on the target dummy!)

Guest Infjustice

- Haste is competely and totally worthless. It really should have a stat weight of about 0.1 - the only thing that it effectively affects are autoshot and pet-autoattack. With no "big-haste" going, you can only do Cobra/Cobra/Arcane between KCs, whether at 0 haste or 3000.

Completely agree with this. I believe they also mention that stacking rapid fire or focus with bestial wrath is recommended. Because haste doesn't do anything but increase pet autoattack speed (because our ranged attack speed is not a huge factor) you might as well stack them.

Thanks for all this info! I haven't played for a year+, so things have changed drastically. These guides really help me understand all the new stuff and how to use it. Great job!

-Ogichidaa @ Bronzebeard, US

I have a slight issue with the. One pertinent to dps and one not. You guys have a spelling error. In the focus fire/frenzy area it says "non-existant" when it should be "non-existent". Then with it you go on detailing that the dps difference is non-existent, but it isn't. It's a pretty hefty dps increase and on top of that with any Real PPM abilities or items the value increases.

Guest kirrot

I recently switched from Dire Beast to Thrill of the Hunt and notice a nearly 10k increase in DPS yet it's completely disregarded in this guide. Any thoughts or explanation on why I would see such a large increase in DPS from a talent that is supposedly the worst in it's tier?

I recently switched from Dire Beast to Thrill of the Hunt and notice a nearly 10k increase in DPS yet it's completely disregarded in this guide. Any thoughts or explanation on why I would see such a large increase in DPS from a talent that is supposedly the worst in it's tier?

You would need to provide us with a proof of some kind or more explanations. What was the context of your tests?

To expand a bit on what Damien said, you need to take several factors into account when you look at a recommendation we give in one of our guides, and how that relates to the actual results you see.

• When we assess the value of certain talents or abilities, it is always in the context of a typical raid encounter. This means that it is a sustained fight where you benefit from all available raid buffs, among other things.
  • The value of a talent assumes that the player uses that talent to its maximum potential (or reasonably close to that).
  • We rely on extremely high sample sizes to reach our results (Simulationcraft is typically used with 10,000 iterations per simulation).
What I'm trying to say is that one or more of the following three things might be true, and they would account for you seeing higher DPS with Thrill of the Hunt than with Dire beast:

• You are not trying these talents out in normal raid situations.
  • You were not using Dire Beast optimally.
  • Your sample size is very limited.
Anyway, if you provide us with additional details, we can probably answer more fully.

Guest Haithere

Talents : Tier 5 Talents.

Blink strikes for BM is by far the better choice, there are a lot of reasons for this :

> It vastly increases your pet up-time to nearly 99%, without the talent you will never reach this up-time unless you put your place on the boss for the entire fight, which is bad and most hunters don't do that.

> Claw/Bite etc damage is generally around 26% of your pets total damage when not using the talent, however when using the talent that value jumps up to well above 45%. That is more of a damage increase than aMoC. aMoC is on average a 3-5% gain (for BM), while blink-strikes is around a 2% gain over aMoC.

I don't expect you to take my word, but I did a lot of PTR and research on live realms about these abilities, and without a fact blinkstrikes is a big improvement over aMoC. So I recommend you to evaluate these talents in real time playing which could be raiding or 100 million dmg dummy parses with different talents.

-

Stats : You should definitely mention something with different trinkets and gear levels, haste might be better than crit due to how it interacts with RPPM effects such as trinkets and 2set/4set.

Guest WarBringerPT

Saying that using either exotic pet in conjuction with aoe rotation to yield more dps is wrong, since when both pets are channeling both their aoe attacks, they are not using their auto attacks, therefore not getting a benefit from beast cleave.

There is no reason whatsoever to use either a chimera or a worm, other than looks.

Talents : Tier 5 Talents.

Blink strikes for BM is by far the better choice, there are a lot of reasons for this :

> It vastly increases your pet up-time to nearly 99%, without the talent you will never reach this up-time unless you put your place on the boss for the entire fight, which is bad and most hunters don't do that.

> Claw/Bite etc damage is generally around 26% of your pets total damage when not using the talent, however when using the talent that value jumps up to well above 45%. That is more of a damage increase than aMoC. aMoC is on average a 3-5% gain (for BM), while blink-strikes is around a 2% gain over aMoC.

I don't expect you to take my word, but I did a lot of PTR and research on live realms about these abilities, and without a fact blinkstrikes is a big improvement over aMoC. So I recommend you to evaluate these talents in real time playing which could be raiding or 100 million dmg dummy parses with different talents.

-

Stats : You should definitely mention something with different trinkets and gear levels, haste might be better than crit due to how it interacts with RPPM effects such as trinkets and 2set/4set.

Thanks! I was actually in the process of updating that very issue regarding talents before you posted, but I thank you for it anyway, since your post was helpful. To the best of my knowledge, AMOC and BS are basically equal for single target in terms of DPS, but the other benefits of BS (which you mentioned) turn it into the preferred choice.

Saying that using either exotic pet in conjuction with aoe rotation to yield more dps is wrong, since when both pets are channeling both their aoe attacks, they are not using their auto attacks, therefore not getting a benefit from beast cleave.

There is no reason whatsoever to use either a chimera or a worm, other than looks.

I moved the AoE pets to a separate section, and mentioned that they don't offer a DPS boost. I basically just left them there for completeness' sake. Thank you for your comment!

Guest Martouf

I got confused about the Rabid use. Guide says that Rabid has 2min cooldown and should be used with every 2nd BW. However when I go in game I get 1min 30sec cd on Rabid. Is it better to wait for Rabid cd and line it with BW or keep Rabid on cd and line it with every 3rd BW ? Thanks!

I got confused about the Rabid use. Guide says that Rabid has 2min cooldown and should be used with every 2nd BW. However when I go in game I get 1min 30sec cd on Rabid. Is it better to wait for Rabid cd and line it with BW or keep Rabid on cd and line it with every 3rd BW ? Thanks!

Thanks, yeah, it is 90 seconds. I'm fixing the guide right now :)

Guest Martai

Blink Strike became 'passive' for my BM hunter... ?...

Guest Dakayras

Hoy,

Whenever possible, you should stack Stampede and Posted ImageRapid Fire, since this increases the amount of attacks the pets from Stampede will do.

If rapid fire give me "ranged haste" I think I have no use to stack with stampede and so it didn't increase the amount of attack of both stampede and my pet (just like focus fire)

Wrong?

Guest Wbsclan

I just noticed that there is no mention of Aspect of the Hawk on the Buffs, Debuffs and Useful Abilities Pages for any of the hunter guides. It is mentioned earlier in the guides on the Rotation and Cooldown pages as the only Aspect that we should be using.

Just an observation.

I wrote my request on wrong place. Please Help me on this one.

Hello,

I want to create a Worgen Hunter to start over a new game with my 4 other friends. I will play PVE based games. We are not into PVP stuff. I have never played Hunter and Worgen is also very new to me.

I have read many guides but this one is what I really liked:

http://www.icy-veins...w-pve-dps-guide

According to this guide we should select professions which provide focus. But, I really want to go for skinning and leather-working. Leather-working is in the suggested professions list, but skinning is not. As far as I know skinning also provides bonus critical hits later in the game. However, I believe there is reason for skinning is not in the list.

As a result my heart wants to select skinning and leather-working. But I will feel non-perfect unless I get engineering.

Please help me. What should I do ?

I don't want my friends to abandon me because my build is not perfect which happened before on another game (pleae do not post about this, it hurts me. thank you)

notes:

+ please also consider that, I am also a new player and I don't have any in game gold. So I will not be able to buy AH materials as well.)

+ our party will play only at night time and our group time is very limited. But I can create an alt to gather materials on day time.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this