Blaze78

Opening Sequences

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

A general question:

Is there a reason some of the DPS guides have suggested or recommended opening sequences and others don't? I usually understand what I'll be doing just from the priority system but it's nice to know what you guys specifically would suggest or prefer with some specs of classes at the very beginning of our rotations. You're quite reliable afterall. ^^

A general question:

Is there a reason some of the DPS guides have suggested or recommended opening sequences and others don't? I usually understand what I'll be doing just from the priority system but it's nice to know what you guys specifically would suggest or prefer with some specs of classes at the very beginning of our rotations. You're quite reliable afterall. ^^

The general guideline we use is that if the opener only consists in applying the rotation we give, then we skip it in the guide. When it is not the case, then we do give it the opener.

I think that we will end up listing opening sequences for all DPS specs, it's just that when you're on a tight schedule, you have to skip the non-mandatory parts :)

Personally, whenever I did so (adding an opening sequence to my guides), I did it because the opening sequence is considerably different to what you'd understand from the rotation section. This is generally when there is a large number of DPS cooldowns that must all be used, in some specific order, no less.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Valkas
      Hello all! I figured i'd make this thread to get some up to date information on the AOE rotation for unholy.  Currently i'm 935 ilvl, and I run Incstructor's fourth lesson and Soul. (For lack of a better option.) However it is my understanding that these two legendaries make for the strongest aoe rotation. Is this true?

That is my first question. My second is what is the priority for aoe when running these two. Is it to wait for defile to drop, then festering wound a target a couple times, then Scourge Strike? Or is the priority to just put Wounds on then pop them asap, dropping the defile whenever it's available. Typically I wait for defile before I start building Wounds, but given the soul and the extra talent, i suspect it's better to just aoe without Defile if it's unavailable or perhaps just better to rarely spend runes on defile? Curious as to your thoughts!
    • By Neshama
      Hi, 

Im having wierd issue with Opportunity skill. It happens everytime I  have 5cp+ and  Opportunity proc.

What Im doing is casting Run Through with 5cp+, note that I have Opportunity proc, after using Run Through my Ruthlessness skill refounds 2cp so Im using free Pistol Shot with Opportunity procs. Problem is IM NOT GETTING 3rd combo point. 

Anyone having simmilar issue  ?  Cant find any informations. 
    • By Susza
      Hi
      I have one few questions concerning fury rotation:
      1. Should I use bloodbath only with Battle Cry?
      2. Should I use Rampage immediately after it is available or should I always wait for Frothing Berserker?
      3. During Enrage time, should I spam raging blow or prioritize bloodthirst then raging blow?
      4. Is CoF ilvl860 better then nightmare egg ilvl940?
      Best regards
      Susza 
    • By Morrighan
      Hello. I'm having some problems with DK rotation after starting it. I realize that in the beginning, procs are many. But through the middle of the fight, I begin to notice that everything slows down, including the return of runes and loss of Runic Power. Sometimes I do not own a rune, and I have a lot of Runic Power. But if I spend it, the runes are still coming back, and I have nothing to beat. Please help me. This is normal? Should I use FS only when I'm near overcap? Should I wait patiently for the runes to renegate without hitting FS? I have 25% Acceleration, 27% Critical and 42% Mastery. Thank you in advance.
    • By Tessivento
      Hi all.
      I recently went Guardian from Resto. Theoretically I know my rotation, cd, etc. I'm running Antorus HC, i got the curve and i think to hold with not many problems every boss but seeing my logs my performance is always low.

I don't know where I make my mistakes but I think to have these issues:
      My damage taken is always minor than other tanks; My damage dealt... same (I build my bear full defense but my dps seems to be too low); Sometimes i have threat problem (especially with paladins or warrior); I should selfheal more but i don't see the need when I am full: i prefer to stack ironfur. What can i do to improve?

If you wanna see my armor, look here.
      I don't aim to shine, but, at least, be on a average rank :p

Thank you all