FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Breath of the Black Prince (Legendary Gems)

Guest Rakim

it has been my experience that the level 25 guild perk increases the rep from kills by 1, and the guild battle standard increases the tally by and additional 2.

Guest Guest

The easiest way I've found to farm rep with the Black Prince faction is to go the ruins of Guo-Lai in Vale of Eternal Blossoms (around coordinates 31,37). There will be a few groups of Lotus Defenders hanging out there, and every 10 seconds or so a group of Mogu will run out. All you have to do is pull aggro on the Mogu before they reach the Lotus defenders and then walk back to the guards; they'll kill the mob quickly, but you'll still get the reputation. Using this method you can get thousands of rep per hour.

This reminds me to add/confirm in the guide that Sigils of Wisdom drop from Heart of Fear (and presumably also from Terrace of Endless Spring).

This reminds me to add/confirm in the guide that Sigils of Wisdom drop from Heart of Fear (and presumably also from Terrace of Endless Spring).

yey i'm good for reminding ppl :) anyway good guide as always and somethign in me says it's only HoF they drop but y it has been wrong before to so :)

Guest Guest

Bosses in Terrace of Endless Spring can drop Sigils of Wisdom and Sigils of Power. I have received one of each in my first LFR run.

Bosses in Terrace of Endless Spring can drop Sigils of Wisdom and Sigils of Power. I have received one of each in my first LFR run.

Thanks! I'll be adding it to the guide.

• Confused 1

The price of the gem after obtain the first one for free is 10k and after complete the quest we can buy it from Wrathion itself but u can't have any legendary gems on your bag. Edited by JvChequer
  • Like 1

The price of the gem after obtain the first one for free is 10k and after complete the quest we can buy it from Wrathion itself but u can't have any legendary gems on your bag.

Thank you! Adding it as well.

The price of the gem after obtain the first one for free is 10k and after complete the quest we can buy it from Wrathion itself but u can't have any legendary gems on your bag.

That's good to know JV, I had a moment of crisis when I gemmed my 496 and then thought 'but what happens when I get a heroic weapon?!'. Wishful thinking at this point anyway, I'm months away from that I expect :P

Does anyone know if I went in and kill the Sha of Fear in LFR (for my last chance this week at a Sigil of Wisdom) - can I then go back and try and loot the Posted Image Chimera of Fear later in the same week?

Guest Phaithfull

Next quests are out - to get revered with The Black Prince and to get 600 Valor Points. So it looks like it takes at least 6 weeks to complete these steps.

Does anyone know if I went in and kill the Sha of Fear in LFR (for my last chance this week at a Sigil of Wisdom) - can I then go back and try and loot the Posted Image Chimera of Fear later in the same week?

No, you cannot do that, the Sha is eligible for loot only for the 1st kill every week, that includes either the Sigil or the Chimera.

Tip: I was 9/10 before LFR Sha as well after weekly reset. What I did was leave the LFR and go normal HoF with my guildies. That way, I managed to get my last Sigil, then requed LFR for the Chimera.

• Like 1

I heared they improved the legendary gems to 550, but not 100% sure been trying ot look for something but it's likely hard to find.

Heard something similar. From what I understand, the gem quality will be increased to +550 by the end of the 5.1 quest line. On top of that, I heard that Wrathion will give/sell us an item that adds a prismatic socket on top of the sha-touched socket.

Guest Theotao

You can loot the lfr Sha for the quest item after having already looted him. Recieved mine on third Terrace run in that same day. ( Wasn't eligible for it on my first or second run, but the third it dropped.)

Next quests are out - to get revered with The Black Prince and to get 600 Valor Points. So it looks like it takes at least 6 weeks to complete these steps.

Do you mean 6000 Valor? I'm one Sigil of Wisdom away from accessing them, so I hope I'll get to see them soon :)

No, you cannot do that, the Sha is eligible for loot only for the 1st kill every week, that includes either the Sigil or the Chimera.

Tip: I was 9/10 before LFR Sha as well after weekly reset. What I did was leave the LFR and go normal HoF with my guildies. That way, I managed to get my last Sigil, then requed LFR for the Chimera.

Cheers Moca - just what I thought but wanted to check! We are 2/6 in normal HoF so hopefully our raid on Monday I may get lucky on one of those bosses and try and see the Sha in LFR before the reset!

Vlad it is 6000 VP friend has already started that part of the quest chain :)

If I don't get my last sigil this week sadly it will still take another 7 weeks as I will have to kill the Sha in LFR next week for the Chimera Tear which will give me 90 VP before I start the 6000 VP quest if that makes any sense!

Cheers Moca - just what I thought but wanted to check! We are 2/6 in normal HoF so hopefully our raid on Monday I may get lucky on one of those bosses and try and see the Sha in LFR before the reset!

Vlad it is 6000 VP friend has already started that part of the quest chain Posted Image

If I don't get my last sigil this week sadly it will still take another 7 weeks as I will have to kill the Sha in LFR next week for the Chimera Tear which will give me 90 VP before I start the 6000 VP quest if that makes any sense!

Same thing here, I already had about 200 VP when I started my 6k quest, so cheers for doing it in week 7. But God Almighty, heard that a quest that has us do bg's is up after it, and I am not looking forward to that one.

You can loot the lfr Sha for the quest item after having already looted him. Recieved mine on third Terrace run in that same day. ( Wasn't eligible for it on my first or second run, but the third it dropped.)

Hmm, that's interesting. Don't think it is supposed to happen, but can anyone else confirm it ?

I'm updating the guide for these new 5.1 quests as we speak, should be up soon. Keep the good stuff coming, guys! Much appreciated.

Guest torusian

Guys,

I had done Sha of Fear in LFR and I completed the quest after that, then I went again in LFR and the Chimera dropped for me, although I had had other loot before in the same boss (1 h weapon).

I hope this helps.

If a Sigil of Wisdom drops for me off Zorlock normal this evening I will be going back to the Sha again to triple check too :P!

I can 100% confirm that you used to NOT be able to loot the Chimera of Fear if you were already saved to LFR Sha. Now, however, you CAN absolutely loot it despite how many times you've killed him in one lockout. If you get your 10th sigil of each kind, go kill LFR Sha now, turn in your quest, and start working on your valor grind. 6-7 weeks is a flat out hold back, but the quicker you get started, the less likely you are to 'waste' acquiring valor points.

• Like 1

I can 100% confirm that you used to NOT be able to loot the Chimera of Fear if you were already saved to LFR Sha. Now, however, you CAN absolutely loot it despite how many times you've killed him in one lockout.

I can confirm the latter as well since I had just done this last night.