FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Twin Ogron

Hello there!

While testing this fight, and after a looooot of wipes and careful watch, I realized some things that might come in handy.

1.- The fire (Blaze) spawns from the blade of the weapons thrown by Phemos.

2.- Both weapons, now spawn around the big circle perimeter

Taking both of these, I made/found a new (maybe not very new, but I've not seen anyone do it beside me) way to do the fight. 

This way works with pugs and guild raids

Stack around the left side of the room, that way you'll have to deal only with the fire of one weapon & not both.

Phemos should go to the left down side of the room when he is going to cast WW, then he should be back to the left top side of the room stacked with Pol.

(very basic, but still helpful)

Hope you guyz can try it :)

There's a bit of an issue I'm having with this guide. While the written guide says that Pol and Phemos have a shared health pool, it is stated in the video that they do not share health. Could there be some clarification on this?

The written guide is usually more up to date than the video. From what I remember during testing, they did share health.

There's a bit of an issue I'm having with this guide. While the written guide says that Pol and Phemos have a shared health pool, it is stated in the video that they do not share health. Could there be some clarification on this?

They didn't share health when I tested the fight. You can see that in the video, their health pools were independent from one another. But, later on they became shared, which I suppose was always the intention. As Krazy says, the written guide will always be more up to date than the video one, just because of how easy it is to update it.

Guest Qtzirl

Enrage timer is 9 mins, hit it twice while we tested some new raiders that failed by standing in bad haha.

Guest Kissy

There is a confusion between the two bosses in the section 6.1. Strategy Overview :

The boss that cast Whirlwind is Phemos

Guest Leocomm

Is there a fire pattern? I am noticing there might be a pattern to the fire.

There is a confusion between the two bosses in the section 6.1. Strategy Overview :

The boss that cast Whirlwind is Phemos

Whirlwind is embedded to warriors Whirlwind, not the boss ability

Thanks guys, I'm fixing these right now.

Can confirm, 7 minute enrage in Mythic.  This DPS requirement is pretty steep. 

Mythic data seems to be off in this guide.  One of the bosses at a time will have the "Arcane Twisted" buff, which is what empowers their abilities.  This buff swaps between the two every 55 seconds throughout the fight (it starts on Phemos).  While empowered, Phemos's Whirlwinds pull raid members in, but this occurs regardless of range, and the pull is roughly running speed even well outside the range of the whirlwind, so this is definitely something that the raid will have to anticipate and handle.  Stampeding Roar and Aspect of the Fox are invaluable for these whirlwinds.

The Arcane Charge clones always charge in a plus shape to Pol's actual charge.  One charges in the exact opposite direction, and two more charge at precise 90-degree angles off Pol's charge.  This makes it very easy to dodge the images, as you just have to be standing in one of the areas off of the plus sign pattern.

The abilities that will be empowered are identical on every pull.  For example, Phemos's first Whirlwind is always empowered, as are his last two before enrage.

I may also be worth noting in the Mythic write-up that the enrage timer decrease from normal means that this is very much a DPS check, and that the massively increased damage from "Injured" means getting hit by a charge will very commonly result in death without a debuff-clearing effect like Ice Block or Hand of Protection.

Edited by Kaedis