FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Ko'ragh

Guest Freddy

I understand that the Frozen Orb can be outranged for a better movement speed. However, does this apply to taking less damage from it's AOE pulse?

Guest Kalevr

For what I've understood, the Frost Bomb does it's initial damage and after that it's only slow (no dmg). At least that's how it worked when we did it today.

I've fixed the guide to state that Frost bombs only deal initial damage, thanks for pointing it out!

Guest Shadowshaker

With the adds. Do they need to be DPS'd then moved into the suppression fields or just moved in then nuked down? My guess is the first as the field causes dmg to whoever is in there.

• After the boss recharges his shields for the last time, assign physical DPSers to execute the boss, and magical DPSers to stun/root/slow/kill/kite adds. 

While there is no reason for this, healers too can be used to soak the Nullification Barrier. 

Killing adds only after all 9 of the spawn seems to be a better tactic than trying to kill them as they spawn. 

Also, make sure to monitor your Nullification Barrier buff, if you have been assigned to it. Falling sphere does 1.5mil damage, if your shield is weaker, you will be killed by the sphere. It's entirely possible for shield to run out before the fight ends.

Edited by Iridar

It's not possible to close both spheres by standing between them like this:

2crsnea.jpg

I checked my shield numbers on the video this screenshot is from, and both spheres ended up damaging the raid. 

Edited by Iridar

With the adds. Do they need to be DPS'd then moved into the suppression fields or just moved in then nuked down? My guess is the first as the field causes dmg to whoever is in there.

Yeah, I suggest DPSing them down to lowish health and then bringing them in the suppression fields to die :)

Guest Xeon

Can you please update the guide to indiate that dispelling Expel Magic: Fire detonates it? I feel the dungeon journal and this guide don't expliticlty make this clear, and I was just kicked from a group because I dispelled too early =( and they offered no explanation. My initial interpretation does not lead me to believe that dispelling is the same thing as the debuff expiring, dispelling to me means completely removed, not that its timer is just set to 0. If I somehow missed it saying that somewhere I apologize, just don't want anyone else making that mistake.

Just out of curiosity: Anyone tryed Koragh with only Physical dps?

On 10player Heroic he has 28million Hp. I know you cant get the orbs, but you dont have to worry about the adds and everyone can full dps the boss.

So lets say every DD deals 25k dps. 1,5million damage per Minute * 6 = 9Million Damage per Minute (6Damage Dealer)

Tanks should deal like 20k dps. So 1,2 million damage per Minute *2 = 2,4Million Damage per Minute

So the boss should die in like 2:30 - 3min.

My only concern is: How many Orbs will drop until then? 2 or already 3?

Just out of curiosity: Anyone tryed Koragh with only Physical dps?

On 10player Heroic he has 28million Hp. I know you cant get the orbs, but you dont have to worry about the adds and everyone can full dps the boss.

So lets say every DD deals 25k dps. 1,5million damage per Minute * 6 = 9Million Damage per Minute (6Damage Dealer)

Tanks should deal like 20k dps. So 1,2 million damage per Minute *2 = 2,4Million Damage per Minute

So the boss should die in like 2:30 - 3min.

My only concern is: How many Orbs will drop until then? 2 or already 3?

The problem there wouldn't be the orbs, but rather that he gains 6% damage every 10s until the barrier is broken, after 2:30 he would be at +90% damage, by which point the healers would be OOM from dealing the the massive tank damage, not to mention if that effects everything else and not just his melee, fire would be deadly by that point and having 2-3 orbs hit would be nearly impossible for 2 healers to heal through without using a ton of mana.

• Like 1

In mythic encounter when being a soaker and getting hit by wow_icon_spell_fel_elementaldevastation. Overflowing Energy , doesnt it make you know that wow_icon_spell_arcane_mindmastery.jpg Dominating Power.. is coming? if so would any anti charm spells help break it? for example being undead or any sort of manipulation dispelling?

also wow_icon_spell_fire_felfirenova.jpg Expel Magic: Fel am pretty sure once this fight is mastered you would know most of these spells and when they'll be coming, since its a 1.5 second cast am assuming it can be CoSed or AMSed before it goes off like wow_icon_inv_elemental_primal_fire.jpg Expel Magic: Fire.?