FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

The Tillers

Guest Ominous @Nordrassil

All the information I / we needed?

It's a remarkable guide.

I'm amazed at the quality of your guides - to the point that I think you could sell access to them.

Of course, we're all glad that you haven't (yet).

Just an question about the time that take to harvest the crops. It will be ready after midnight like all the other professions cd?

Because yesterday i planted about 2 hours before midnight and at midnight was ready. After that i planted again and went to sleep, when i get home at night the crops will be ready or I'm going to wait until midnight?

Edited by lmendonca

All the information I / we needed?

It's a remarkable guide.

I'm amazed at the quality of your guides - to the point that I think you could sell access to them.

Of course, we're all glad that you haven't (yet).

Thank you for the nice comment. We could probably make some money if we sold our guides, but it isn't really our philosophy. We will probably make iPhone/Android apps in the year to come and we'll sell for for 1 or 2 dollars, so that people who want to thank us will get something nice in return :P

Just an question about the time that take to harvest the crops. It will be ready after midnight like all the other professions cd?

Because yesterday i planted about 2 hours before midnight and at midnight was ready. After that i planted again and went to sleep, when i get home at night the crops will be ready or I'm going to wait until midnight?

I'm not exactly certain how it works, it was hard to test on the beta due to the EU beta server being in a US time zone (the server reset was early in the afternoon :P).

I'm not exactly certain how it works, it was hard to test on the beta due to the EU beta server being in a US time zone (the server reset was early in the afternoon Posted Image).

Now is almost 01:00 am (09/28) here in Brazil and just an hour ago (09/27 11:55 pm) I went to my farm and wasn't ready to harvest. Exactly at 00:01 was ready. So, i think that we can plant at any time before midnight and when the clock hits 00:01 we can harvest. Just like any other profession cd, the exeption is that we need to go 2 times in the farm.

Now is almost 01:00 am (09/28) here in Brazil and just an hour ago (09/27 11:55 pm) I went to my farm and wasn't ready to harvest. Exactly at 00:01 was ready. So, i think that we can plant at any time before midnight and when the clock hits 00:01 we can harvest. Just like any other profession cd, the exeption is that we need to go 2 times in the farm.

Thanks for the information. I'll need to remember to edit the guide tomorrow :P

Guest Schoki

Hi,

first of all thank you very much for this guide.

I'd like to add something to Jogu.

Upon reaching Aquaintance listening to the forecast will only cost 1gold.

(Its probably decreasing further?)

Guest Mixel

great guide.

Did found a small bugs. In the list of material you need to complete all the daily cooking quest, the 5x Reef Octopus are missing, you need this for Valley Stir Fry

Cheers,

Mixel

Just got exalted with the Tillers today. Must say out of all the dailies I think I've enjoyed these the most, just a shame that it doesnt provide any gear! Really hope they add to the farm in future patches.

Only a few friends left to do, love finding those patches of dark soil :D

As soon as I master all my cooking I'll be farming motes of harmony. 16 per day cant be too bad!

Thank you guys for all the comments! I need to finish harmonizing DPS stat priorities between Ask Mr. Robot and our website first, then I'll be able to focus on updating all my guides :)

i saw a small mistake in the part 3.9. Growing the Farm III, you say revered there instead of exalted :)

great guide.

Did found a small bugs. In the list of material you need to complete all the daily cooking quest, the 5x Reef Octopus are missing, you need this for Valley Stir Fry

Cheers,

Mixel

Hi,

first of all thank you very much for this guide.

I'd like to add something to Jogu.

Upon reaching Aquaintance listening to the forecast will only cost 1gold.

(Its probably decreasing further?)

Thank you guys for all these comments. I just wanted to let you know that the guide has just been updated to reflect everything you've said ;)

Guest Cory

Want to point out an error. You don't get rep from harvesting until you're 90. I have a couple of 85s planting vegetables for my main's cooking, and they don't get rep from harvesting, so they can only have 4 plots until they are 90.

Overall this is an excellent guide, as all the others too. I hit the farm daily and plant accordingly. Currently I only have 12 plots to plant stuff but I can't wait to farm motes of harmony.

• Like 1

Just a tiny tiny thing I noticed Damien. In terms of rewards Ella sends you the cat and Fish Fellreed sends you the pig :)

Its a shame Im almost fully friends with them all - what will I do when after I've completed my farm?!

Do it all over again to increase your farming capability per day :D

Besides from that, i am a bit disappointed that there is no real incentive to become best friends with the NPC's except for two of them which involve giving you the companion pet, and the other unlocking the farmer hats for xmog.

Yer, the odd achievement, shame they didnt unlock things like the water barrel etc for you maybe rather than just a rep gold purchase!

Hopefully somthing they can add in. Maybe a fence to keep all the critters out!

3.8. Haohan's Vote

After reaching 16,800 revered reputation with the Tillers, Farmer Yoon will offer you Haohan's Vote I: Bungalow Break-In, which is followed by Haohan's Vote II: The Real Culprits, Haohan's Vote III: Pure Poison, Haohan's Vote IV: Melons For Felons, Haohan's Vote V: Chief Yip-Yip.

I reached this point yesterday because I was a bit of a slacker doing dailies while working on other toons. I managed to do part 1, 2, 3 and 4 of this but when I turned in the items for Haohan's Vote III: Pure Poison, Yoon said he had to work on it for a while and I was not able to obtain the final quest. After poking around the Web I came across some comments stating the final quest is not given until you are 20k revered. I will be there later today to see if this is true. I am looking forward to exalted so I can farm those Motes of Harmony at 16x per day. Going to work on the other toons as well for this.

I just confirmed this. I was 19,180 revered to start the day. I picked my 12 songbells and planted the seed of the day and now have 20,308 revered and the quest to kill Yip-Yip popped up. I did not complete any other dailies yet so exalted here I come. yay

Edited by Beeba

Guest George

They really ought to make the Pandaren Scarecrow keep some of the vermin away, even if they made it more costly, it would be a big attraction instead of a useless item.

Yes its a shame really. After reaching exalted hitting 25 full Spirits of Harmony I couldnt justify spending time clearing the old crops out and making new ones.

Hardly ever see any runty / parched / diseased plants anymore. Nearly always a hawk, a vermin or a huge vine. I understand you shouldnt get anything for free, but really tedious when out of 16 crops 8 are mobs 4 are vines etc.

Want to point out an error. You don't get rep from harvesting until you're 90. I have a couple of 85s planting vegetables for my main's cooking, and they don't get rep from harvesting, so they can only have 4 plots until they are 90.

Thank you, this is now mentioned in the guide.

Just a tiny tiny thing I noticed Damien. In terms of rewards Ella sends you the cat and Fish Fellreed sends you the pig Posted Image

Its a shame Im almost fully friends with them all - what will I do when after I've completed my farm?!

Thanks, fixed ;)

Sorry for the self bump but inv_misc_map07.jpgOld Map becomes available when you are both exalted with the Tillers and you are Best Friends with every farmer achievement_reputation_03.jpgFriends on the Farm.

This begins the quest chain that will award the achievement inv_misc_ornatebox.jpgAin't Lost No More

Enjoy!

Thanks, there's a new section about this achievement in the guide ;)

3.8. Haohan's Vote

After reaching 16,800 revered reputation with the Tillers, Farmer Yoon will offer you Haohan's Vote I: Bungalow Break-In, which is followed by Haohan's Vote II: The Real Culprits, Haohan's Vote III: Pure Poison, Haohan's Vote IV: Melons For Felons, Haohan's Vote V: Chief Yip-Yip.

I reached this point yesterday because I was a bit of a slacker doing dailies while working on other toons. I managed to do part 1, 2, 3 and 4 of this but when I turned in the items for Haohan's Vote III: Pure Poison, Yoon said he had to work on it for a while and I was not able to obtain the final quest. After poking around the Web I came across some comments stating the final quest is not given until you are 20k revered. I will be there later today to see if this is true. I am looking forward to exalted so I can farm those Motes of Harmony at 16x per day. Going to work on the other toons as well for this.

I just confirmed this. I was 19,180 revered to start the day. I picked my 12 songbells and planted the seed of the day and now have 20,308 revered and the quest to kill Yip-Yip popped up. I did not complete any other dailies yet so exalted here I come. yay

Thank you, I have modified the guide to mention this ;)

• Like 1