Bournebreezy 0 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 so askmyrobot stat weights wants me to gem into haste over mastery its trying to put me around 32% crit 41% haste and 18% mast where as now i have about 25 crit 30 haste 33 mast should i stay gemmed for mast? and what stat weights would be good to put in so i can keep a good balance right now demo Int 5.9 SP 4.55 haste 3.4 mast 3 crit 2.9 ms 2.8 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Hey, you can listen to AMR or you can listen to us here. Or MMO-C. Or anyone else. Then you can go and test it. We've made our recommendations for so many others in other threads and in the guide - why would it be any different now? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sabertorous 0 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 This is my first post, would like to thank you guys for all you do, I did my first raid lead into heroics and you guys help me kick some dps ass. So now I'm stoked to switch to demo, and been reading Zagam say he runs 16k haste,what are you guys looking to run this patch and to WoD? I'm using the 16k for both demo and destro, feels nice and fast. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Just to add some AMR flavor - I put my profile in. It suggets dropping my MWF Wand (588) and my MWF OH (588) for the boa staff (582). Hmm, that seems like a bad decision. It also tells me to remove Purified Bindings of Immerseus and take Black Blood of Y'saarj. That, too, seems less than ideal. Sometimes you shouldn't just look at these programs and take it as gospel. Just look at what it's telling you. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 This is my first post, would like to thank you guys for all you do, I did my first raid lead into heroics and you guys help me kick some dps ass. So now I'm stoked to switch to demo, and been reading Zagam say he runs 16k haste,what are you guys looking to run this patch and to WoD? I'm using the 16k for both demo and destro, feels nice and fast. I was running Haste before when I could reforge. Now that I can't get enough Haste to do certain things, I've reverted to Mastery gems. My gear is Mastery > Crit = Haste. I have to keep saying this, but your stats are the LEAST part of your DPS ever. It's TOTALLY how you play. I know you aren't eluding to it, but I'd say 9 of the 10 posts in the past 2 days have been all about what stats to use and not what abilities to use. It still hurts my soul. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Sorry, I don't trust a program that does this: 586 -> 584 = a gain? Dropping item levels is a gain? In what world? Also it prioritizes Haste, so then it does the optimal thing of dropping my Haste/Crit OH and Mastery/Crit Wand in favor of a Mastery/Crit staff - so it goes down in item level AND it drops the stat it wants. Methinks something is wrong. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Orthios 272 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 (edited) Just to add some AMR flavor - I put my profile in. It suggets dropping my MWF Wand (588) and my MWF OH (588) for the boa staff (582). Hmm, that seems like a bad decision. It also tells me to remove Purified Bindings of Immerseus and take Black Blood of Y'saarj. That, too, seems less than ideal. Sometimes you shouldn't just look at these programs and take it as gospel. Just look at what it's telling you. Trinkets, Heirlooms, and Set Bonus logic is still a bit wonky at AMR. Heirloom data has them scaled up to ilvl 620, and many set bonus are undervalued. Edit: Looks like WF gear isn't in AMR unless you have it equipped (or it's from Ordos). Edited October 15, 2014 by Orthios Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jazii 0 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Mind ripping apart my logs and helping me fix what I'm doing wrong.( I'm sure i'm doing plenty wrong ) I wish i had something better to link then siege, but i did die a few times last night which bugged me but that shouldn't be a problem next week I also don't think i'm doing a good opener at all. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Yqfg1K4Wn7JF2HpD Also thanks again for taking the time out to do these guides and everyone else that helps contribute to it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Trinkets, Heirlooms, and Set Bonus logic is still a bit wonky at AMR. Heirloom data has them scaled up to ilvl 620, and many set bonus are undervalued. Edit: Looks like WF gear isn't in AMR unless you have it equipped (or it's from Ordos). IMO, I wish they wouldn't release this stuff before it was verified and working. I feel it was rushed, and now some of us are left answering silly questions because of silly outputs from a program that's not finished. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sabertorous 0 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 (edited) Totally agree and never want to hurt your soul, I just like to play around with the build. I'm not worried about total dps, play and raid knowledge takes care of that, but the fun part is high end raiders do and try different builds and newcomers study what your doing. Can't say thank you enough to Warlock community here, it's why locks rock the top of the charts. Edited October 15, 2014 by Sabertorous Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Zagam 1,983 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Mind ripping apart my logs I printed your log out and tore the paper in half. JK. All you're going to give me is Siegecrafter? This is such a rough fight to analyze because everyone does it differently. Also, which Demonology Warlock are you? One did 21.4k, the other did 19.8k. Looks like you guys got SC down at 11:54 last night...assuming you end at midnight, looks like you guys were right by us with us likely one attempt away from winning. Did you guys put some DPS into the Shredder to help the tanks out? Looks like you did some significant Crawler Mine damage, so you're doing it like us...Bynes is actually doing a shit ton of DPS to the Shredder along with the Boomkin and two Fire Mages - did Bynes get a stack to start the fight off? That actually seems logical considering how bad tank DPS got nerfed... Sorry I know you want me looking at your DPS - this fight pissed me off last night lol Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jazii 0 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 I know i'm sorry! Lol I died on freaking malk and IJ. Malk cause i derped for the first time ever and died to breath, and died to siege mode on IJ. Oh and i'm Camii. Yes bynes did take a stack to help kill the shredder since we needed it. We actually wiped on him 3 times i think. People not having dbm/WA for the saw blade and lasers was pretty fun >_> Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Djargo 4 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 I'm clearing atm. I have just been using Mannoroths fury so far (pulling pride in a bit) Noru died in 2m 15sec so maybe it would just be better with AD? Any specific demo tips on the other fights? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jazii 0 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 I think I only used MF on immer. Thought about it on some other fights but just stuck with AD the whole time. Things blew up so fast. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Furyio 3 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Demo has always been my favourite spec, something about the Demon form that always struck a chord with me. I'm kinda thankful Destro is going as for me it was a cheap mage like spec. I'm moving to Demo as of now, for the rest of MOP, in order to get comfy with it for WoD. A good time as well since some bis gear is changing. Appreciate the guide. I havn't played Demo since WOTLK :D Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 You wanna use MF on most fights. Immerseus. Protectors. Norushen/Sha depending on how much you actually AoE. Galakras. Dark Shamans. Nazgrim. Spoils. Blackfuse. Garrosh. Those are the ones I take it on. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kazistrasz 216 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 I was finding last night Immo Aura just doesn't seem that strong, even with MF. Nit sure if I'll use it in anywhere near as many fights next week. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Liquidsteel 279 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 That's interesting, though truth be told I won't be doing my first Mythic raid til Saturday. I wasn't aware of it getting nerfed directly, though I suppose single target spells got brought up a notch as did Shadowflame, so we'll see. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kazistrasz 216 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Hand of Gul'dan and Chaos Wave are strong - average initial hit of HoG for me last night looking at some logs was 10k - Chaos Wave 40k. Average ticks we were seeing from Immo with Manno's was like 1k. Edit: Here's Nazgrim log from last night: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zQNaMJGqy9pZjd3K#fight=20&type=damage-done&source=11 Average non-crit was 1.3k for Immo. I did did less than 5% of my total damage with it in the opening. Pre-6.0, I'd get anywhere from 10-20% of my DPS in those first couple seconds out of it. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Furyio 3 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Can I ask how exactly you use soulfire with molten core stacks? When you get to say 4, do you blow soulfire 4 times, or do you try keep it at a certain set of stacks? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Copperbad 5 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Zag, thanks so much to you and the icy veins crew. You do great work! I'm so excited to finally give Demo a try. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Hybrex 1 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 The opener you say here that incorperates demonbolt. Can we still use the rest of it and at that point just play the rng game as normal about MC procs? or is there a better setup. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Kazistrasz 216 Report post Posted October 15, 2014 Can I ask how exactly you use soulfire with molten core stacks? When you get to say 4, do you blow soulfire 4 times, or do you try keep it at a certain set of stacks? If you have no procs, don't use it unless you're above, like, 7 or so. If you get a proc, dumping time. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Furyio 3 Report post Posted October 16, 2014 If you have no procs, don't use it unless you're above, like, 7 or so. If you get a proc, dumping time. Thanks Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Copperbad 5 Report post Posted October 16, 2014 Until lvl 100, would subbing Soul Fire for Demon Bolt in the opener prove efficient? I can't see that competing with the destro opener though. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites