FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Just doesn't make sense to me, i just ran an lfr and compared to two again, and again i did higher dps with em. With lone wolf i did about 20k on kargath and with em just shy of 21k. I'm 649 ilvl if that has any bearing....

Link your armory, I'll sim you

Just doesn't make sense to me, i just ran an lfr and compared to two again, and again i did higher dps with em. With lone wolf i did about 20k on kargath and with em just shy of 21k. I'm 649 ilvl if that has any bearing....

If you could also run logs we might be able to find any errors there may be between fights.  This isn't saying that you aren't making any, but that there might be some.

Edited by Orthios

If you could also run logs we might be able to find any errors there may be between fights.  This isn't saying that you aren't making any, but that there might be some.

What would i need to download to run logs? I'm just getting my numbers right now from recount. Id be more than happy to run another one though with the logs

focused boss on all attempts, i'll be logging the next attempt and will upload as soon as i get it figured out

Okay, I tried tweaking the fight length settings for you and reduced the fight down from 450 sec to 250, since thats probably more accurate for LFR fight lengths, but LW is still consistently ~600-800 DPS ahead of EM.  In  fact, the LW bonus damage to Black Arrow alone is doing more DPS than EM is, not even counting the boost to Exp. Shot.

I got 21533 dps with Exotic Munitions vs 22195 dps with Lone wolf (elite skill, 200s 20% vary length, patchwerk, super low latency, 1 target, default APL).  

Edited by Orthios

I got 21533 dps with Exotic Munitions vs 22195 dps with Lone wolf (elite skill, 200s 20% vary length, patchwerk, super low latency, 1 target, default APL).  

Yep, ~600 DPS diff, meshes with mine

its gotta be my rotation then, ill upload logs in a bit to find out where I'm going wrong

You'll never reach you're sim dps as it is in a perfect setting so to speak.  I get ~90% of my sim dps and that is where I judge players at, are they doing 90% of what simc says they can do?

FS is supposedly the go-to talent for SV now (at least from Effin's sims)

With Change's profile, I get 22003 dps with Focusing Shot, so it is still lower than LW.

With Change's profile, I get 22003 dps with Focusing Shot, so it is still lower than LW.

FS is also difficult to use optimally, unless you never have to move during the fight.  Even if it was simming 5%-10% higher, I doubt most players could pull it off.

Odd, I wonder how he got those results then (just noticed he's using barrage on single target though). On the bright side he has SV higher at 660 ;)

Odd, I wonder how he got those results then (just noticed he's using barrage on single target though). On the bright side he has SV higher at 660 wink.png

Honestly, the only way to get accurate BiS talents for YOUR character is to run the Sims on YOUR character.  Effin's sims are assuming full BiS Heroic gear (including BF items from the looks of it), which no players have yet. Download SImcraft and run yourself through it to find your optimal setup.

Edited by Atrais

Honestly, the only way to get accurate BiS talents for YOUR character is to run the Sims on YOUR character.  Effin's sims are assuming full BiS Heroic gear (including BF items from the looks of it), which no players have yet. Download SImcraft and run yourself through it to find your optimal setup.

Yeah of course. I ran sims but I don't think I remembered to update SS damage so mine were a bit off. (But FS was very close to LW)

Yeah of course. I ran sims but I don't think I remembered to update SS damage so mine were a bit off. (But FS was very close to LW)

Yeah, FS is close for me too, but I still believe that except for  maybe Kargath (no stands) and Butcher, you wont be able to use it optimally enough.  I would also hold off on running anything with SS, since it is still in testing and could still change before it goes live.

Yeah, FS is close for me too, but I still believe that except for  maybe Kargath (no stands) and Butcher, you wont be able to use it optimally enough.  I would also hold off on running anything with SS, since it is still in testing and could still change before it goes live.

You're sure it's not live? On dummies around midnight SS was 13% of my damage instead of the normal 10%

You're sure it's not live? On dummies around midnight SS was 13% of my damage instead of the normal 10%

Maybe the tooltip is out of date, mine still says the same damage as before. The hotfix itself says it isnt in yet.

• Please note, the following class tuning changes are still undergoing testing and will be implemented as soon as possible.

Nothing to say that the changes are live.

Maybe the tooltip is out of date, mine still says the same damage as before. The hotfix itself says it isnt in yet.

Hotfixes don't change tooltips

hm, im not sure if it was lag in the lfr that was causing em to pull ahead for me but after going on the training dummy a few times with each talent and the exact same buffs, lw did pull ahead on a constant basis, by about 600-800 dps. Regardless, thanks for your time and the sims that you ran :)