FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Garrison: Enchanter's Study

The building is unlocked for everyone when the Town Hall is upgraded to Level 2. The Enchanter-only quest is just a means for Enchanters to get the building faster.

Guest SpikeSpartan

If you are not an enchanter how do you use this building to disenchant?  I tried using the caldron in the middle of the room but it says my enchanting skill is not high enough to disenchant the items I put in it.

If you are not an enchanter how do you use this building to disenchant?  I tried using the caldron in the middle of the room but it says my enchanting skill is not high enough to disenchant the items I put in it.

It must have been a Bind when Equipped (BoP) item, which you cannot disenchant there. Only soulbound items can be disenchanted.

Guest High

It must have been a Bind when Equipped (BoP) item, which you cannot disenchant there. Only soulbound items can be disenchanted.

I have the building in level 2 and I can disenchant BoE items here, I have disenchanted uncommon and rare gear without problem, I have not tried to disenchant epic BoE gear yet.

And there are some BoP that I can't disenchant, because I can't disenchant any gear from previous content (before Draenor).

Guest Guest

That's not really true either.

I have the building at lvl 2 and I'm trying to disenchant this item:

qAcaApk.png

And I'm getting an error, even tho it is soulbound.

That's not really true either.

I have the building at lvl 2 and I'm trying to disenchant this item:

qAcaApk.png

And I'm getting an error, even tho it is soulbound.

I decided to build the enchanting station with a toon that is not an enchanter. While I can use the caldron to disenchant soulbound items that's about all I can do. How am I supposed to use the enchanter to make me enchants when the mouse over says I need a runed copper rod? That is a BOP item. How is a non-enchanter supposed to make use this? I'm confused.

I can't believe this is the intended answer to your question, but engineers can make a boe "swiss army knife" type item that counts as all profession tools.

• Like 1

I can't believe this is the intended answer to your question, but engineers can make a boe "swiss army knife" type item that counts as all profession tools.

I never thought of that. I guess it's time to log on to my engineer and give it a shot. Thanks!

edit: Nope doesn't work. :( 

Edited by Squishers

So, apparently, you can only disenchant green and blue Draenor items. Vlad is going to test all that during today.

So, from my testing, it seems that at level 1 you can disenchant:

• any green soulbound item
  • any blue soulbound item
  • any green BoE item
  • any blue BoE item

provided that the above items come from Walords of Draenor. I was unable to disenchant even greens from MoP.

I was also unable to disenchant soulbound epics from Draenor, with the message that my enchanting skill is not high enough. That said, this is the same message that I got regarding MoP greens, so it's probably not really a question of enchanting skill (which I assume could be determined by Enchanter's Study level - I can't get level 2 just yet to try it out).

• Like 1

So, I've just disenchanted an epic item level 622 item at my Enchanter's Study Level 1. My average item level is 623, not sure if it has anything to do with that.

I think it would be worth adding a note to the guide in the Enchantment Illusions section that these do not work on Bows, Guns, or Crossbows and you cannot apply these to Enchanter's Vellum for use on alts or sale to someone else.

So, from my testing, it seems that at level 1 you can disenchant:

• any green soulbound item
  • any blue soulbound item
  • any green BoE item
  • any blue BoE item

provided that the above items come from Walords of Draenor. I was unable to disenchant even greens from MoP.

I was also unable to disenchant soulbound epics from Draenor, with the message that my enchanting skill is not high enough. That said, this is the same message that I got regarding MoP greens, so it's probably not really a question of enchanting skill (which I assume could be determined by Enchanter's Study level - I can't get level 2 just yet to try it out).

Some trinkets that you find as treasures in Draenor do not work.

I've succesfully DEed Draenor epic item 640ilvl (Firewalker's Treads) from Higmual LFR as a Non-Enchanter in the Enchanter's Study.

Received 3x Fractured Temporal Crystals.

So yes, you can DE Epics in the Enchanters Study without being an Enchanter.

Edit: I have lvl 3 Enchanter's Study. No clue if it matters tho.

Edited by PadmaN

Guest Spam

I have a level 100 follower in my level 3 enchanter shack.  Why are some illusions still locked? He can make all but 5, including Illusion:  Earthliving.

Guest NickyJean01
Edit: I have lvl 3 Enchanter's Study. No clue if it matters tho.

I do think the level matters as well.  

Have you though about including a "Visitor" perks section.  Example my husband brings in his toon to my garrison.  He can purchase illusion enchants, DE items but can't use my vendor.  

To make the Gift of ... enchant, you need the Runed Copper Tool which I do not have because I am not an enchanter, and it's BoP if someone makes it for me, that won't work either. Please help.

To make the Gift of ... enchant, you need the Runed Copper Tool which I do not have because I am not an enchanter, and it's BoP if someone makes it for me, that won't work either. Please help.

http://www.wowhead.com/building=126/enchanters-study#comments:id=2037033

Wowhead is always your friend.

Yes there is a Copper Rod Tool on the table of the enchanter's study.

Why could I not make the enchant when pressing the Enchant button?

It turns out enchanting is tricky. You need to click Enchant then click on some Enchanting Vellum items in your bags.

Form Blizzard :

"Enchanting isnt always the most intuitive of the professions and it can be confusing when you try to accomplish something in game but run into issues with nowhere to turn.

I was able to look into this, and it seems like the process works! You just need to remember to enchant some Enchanting Vellum when you want to make a tradeable version of the enchantment.

Enchanting Vellum is available at any Enchanting trainer and Reagent vendor in game.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=38682/enchanting-vellum"

Guest Bulla

Hi i cant disenchant ilvl 700 gear from invasions in the study and i got a ton of em. Study is lvl 2. 

Why?